Treating Cholesterol using nutritional supplements

Buy Lab Tests Online
[h=3]Cardiovascular Support[/b]Red Yeast Rice 1200mg taken with your largest meal of the day
Omega-3 Fish Oil- 3g-4g daily
Timed-Released Niacin- 500mg once per day
CO-Q 10- 200mg-400mg daily (especially if taking a Statin drug which depletes CoQ10)

These can be taken individually or in combination to treat elevated cholesterol and sub-optimal HDL cholesterol

Follow this link for more detailed information on these nutritional supplements and how they can help improve your cholesterol: http://defymedical.com/services/173

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tom Larabee

Hey Jasen - So you don't have to take all three for the effect. I am doing the red yeast rice, the Fish Oil and CO-Q-10 and we will see the effects next major blood work.
Tom

Hey Tom, it all depends on the reason for your lipid issues. Taking all of the supplements will improve your cholesterol from different angles as each one works differently. I have seen lipids improve with just omega-3 supplentation and/or just niacin (along with diet modifications). So I would say that you may still see improvement with just supplementing one of the nutrients. A more aggressive approach using all of the supplements may yield a faster change for the better. Of course, cleaning up your diet is a must.

Tom Larabee

I have not heard of that but very interesting. I am sure we can look into that if my supplements intervention doesn't bring down the slightly elevated numbers.

Wonder what others who have higher numbers would think of using this for their lipid panel

My lipids were actually perfect on paper until I got the NMR test. Apparently the LDL I do have is the more dangerous kind, and my LDL-p was almost 2000 which puts me at high risk. I am still learning how to read this test as it became available recently.

It is being marketed aggressively to cardiologists as the new lipid panel standard. In the minimum it does provide the same lipid tests as the standard panel, with the addition of LDL particle count which determines the actual risk of LDL doing damage. Apparently you can have LDL which is not high risk, even though elevated, or the other way around (normal LDL but higher risk due to particle count.

The Dude

No one ever died of "excess cholesterol".

Lots of people have made millions by selling cholesterol lowering.

If you have spare time, read "The Cholesterol Myth".

croaker24

I read this book last year and while it has some valid points - I don't trust these authors and definitely not their conclusions - it seems to me - like so many of these 'sensationalism' medical books by folks with dubious credentials that they rely on cherry-picking data, arguments from appeal, and as always 'conspiracy theories'. I do think statins are over prescribed - that they should be limited to specific high-risk populations. Furthermore, the bottom line is that these folks are trying to make money - and I note that they push supplements that they conveniently offer on internet website.

Here's a good take and I think balanced overview of the book - scan through the comments - very informative:

http://www.docsopinion.com/2013/01/28/the-great-cholesterol-myth/

I do believe that the scientific data does provide a correlation between CHD and cholesterol. THe precise relationship however is evolving as more granular studies are performed (e.g. LDL-P, etc.)

croaker24

Interesting site Vince. The founder was a director at the Mayo Clinic. It seems they work with the patients on diet plans, exercise, and stress reduction to improve the lipid panels for those at risk.

I noted in my last Labcorp labs that they are now doing LDL-P. My LDL-P was 542 - I really have no idea as to the assessment of this test.

The Dude

I read this book last year and while it has some valid points - I don't trust these authors and definitely not their conclusions - it seems to me - like so many of these 'sensationalism' medical books by folks with dubious credentials that they rely on cherry-picking data, arguments from appeal, and as always 'conspiracy theories'. I do think statins are over prescribed - that they should be limited to specific high-risk populations. Furthermore, the bottom line is that these folks are trying to make money - and I note that they push supplements that they conveniently offer on internet website.

Here's a good take and I think balanced overview of the book - scan through the comments - very informative:

http://www.docsopinion.com/2013/01/28/the-great-cholesterol-myth/

I do believe that the scientific data does provide a correlation between CHD and cholesterol. THe precise relationship however is evolving as more granular studies are performed (e.g. LDL-P, etc.)

Wrong book. The original book is mentioned in the article "The Cholesterol Myths". No supplements being sold, no money being made by him (not "them").

The book has information such as how some studies cited in favor of the cholesterol hypothesis, actually disprove it, but both author and peer-reviewer did not notice a negative sign, because they were already biased in favor of the hypothesis. I kid you not.

This is why conspiracy theories are wrong. No one is collaborating verbally about coming to the wrong conclusion, it is just a matter of biases. In actuality it is not so much of a bias, as a tribal affiliation.

"...the bottom line is that these folks are trying to make money..." Exactly my point - look up how much money was made on statins.

Vince

Super Moderator
Secret Revealed
Merck has had a patent on a statin/coQ10 combination since the late 1980's.
The following claim from one of two 1990 Merck patents (4,933,165) states that adding add CoQ10 to statin drugs overcomes statin induced myopathy: "A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutical carrier and an effective antihypercholesterolemic amount of an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor and an amount of Coenzyme Q.sub.10 effective to counteract HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor-associated skeletal muscle myopathy."

Unfortunately, the combination was never introduced into the marketplace. This should have been a no-brainer given that research shows patients on the combination live an average of 8 years longer versus only 5 for statins alone. This should not come as a surprise given the fact that statins deplete the body of coQ10, rendering the performance of the mitochondria in our cells less effective. Excuse the sarcasm, but three more years of selling statins - what's not to like for Merck?

All About Cost
In our opinion, Merck knew the world supply of CoQ10 was limited, was costly to produce, and predicted that production would only supply one-sixth of the world's statin users. In 1990, when Merck sought and received the patent for Mevacor and other statin drugs formulated with up to 1,000 mg of coenzyme Q10 to prevent or alleviate cardiomyopathy, a serious condition that can cause congestive heart failure, they realized the cost of the drug would be too exorbitant to make it a worldwide blockbuster.

Why Not Make Amends Now?
Lawyers note that to launch such a product would be a tacit acknowledgment that statins alone do indeed cause earlier deaths, and the class-action suits would fly.

The Ramifications
As a result of their tremendously reckless decision, Merck made the issue worse by not educating physicians about the important of supplementing CoQ10 to offset the dangers of these drugs. And because they hold the patent, other drug companies are prevented from coming out with a statin/CoQ10 product. To add insult to injury, a new study says that the global campaign to use statins as a preventive therapy in healthy individuals is misguided.

New Data Says Preventive Statin Therapy Campaign Misguided

Rolling back suggestions from previous studies, a Johns Hopkins study of 950 healthy men and women has shown that taking daily doses of a cholesterol-lowering statin medication to protect coronary arteries and ward off heart attack or stroke may not be needed. The Johns Hopkins team found that nearly 95 percent of all heart attacks, strokes or heart-related deaths occurred in the half of study participants with some measurable buildup of artery-hardening calcium in the blood vessels; hence, only this subgroup might have benefited from preventive drug therapy.

Seventy-five percent of all heart emergencies occurred in the quarter with the highest calcium scores. The 47 percent of study participants with no detectable levels of calcium buildup in their blood vessels suffered about 5 percent of heart-disease related events during the six-year study, meaning that drug therapy may not have offered any coronary protection. "
Statin therapy should not be approached like diet and exercise as a broadly based solution for preventing coronary heart disease. These are lifelong medications with potential, although rare side effects, and physicians should only consider their use for those patients at greatest risk, especially those with high coronary calcium scores," says researchers. "As many as 5 percent of people on statins develop serious side effects, such as muscle pain. One in 255 will develop diabetes."

Results of the study do underscore the importance of measuring coronary artery calcium deposits in predicting who is really at risk of suffering a heart attack. And the long-term ramifications of a CoQ10-depleted world population from high statin drug is unknown.

http://nutritionalconcepts.blogspot.com/2010/11/merck-keeping-secret-from-statin-users.html

Everyone's high cholesterol treatment plan is different. Some people may be able to bring down their LDL, or "bad," cholesterol levels with regular exercise and a healthy diet. Others, however, may not see any progress with such lifestyle changes.

J2048b

what im embarking on for lowering cholesterol:

citrus bergamont

injectables:

curcumin
resveratrol
gluthiane
ptserotoboline (spelling is off)

possibly lipostabil as well due to how well it lowers fat and basically roto roots ur vessels...

and adding in

lecithin and perhaps oral phosphadatyl choline as well

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale