Do I need HCG qnd an AI

Buy Lab Tests Online

monkeybjj

First, thanks to the forum and members for an excellent resource.
I am a 42 y/o male, in good shape (12% body fat) and workout 5x/week. Recent bloodwork as follows:
Total test: 258/ng/dl
Free test: 3.6 pg/ml
Pregnenolone: 31 ng/dl
Dihydrotestosterone 24 ng/dl (ref range 30 – 85)
DHEA sulfate 163.8 ug/dl
Estradiol 6.0 pg/ml (ref range 7.6 – 42.6)
Triiodothyronine, Fee, Serum 3.0 pg/ml (ref range 2.0-4.4)
Thyroid and prostate are in normal range.

Doc suggests 80mg test cyp weekly IM injection. Wants to test blood after 6 weeks. Given the information provided on this forum I asked doc about HCG and an AI. He was open to adding these to the protocol, and does sometimes use them in his practice, but since I do not want kids and was only mildly concerned about atrophy he suggest starting without HCG. Similarly, since my estradiol is currently low and I do not drink alcohol, have excess body fat, etc would start without an AI.
So my question to you is would you suggest I push for HCG and an AI from the start or wait for my first blood test and adjust from there? I believe that I have read that HCG can provide other benefits while on TRT than just fertility and shrinkage but not sure what that is. Personally I would like to have the least amount of drugs and injections in my body as possible but will certainly add these options if it benefits overall health.

Thanks so much in advance for any insight that you provide.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tom Larabee

Wait for your first blood work after starting therapy before adding AI, you may or may not need it.

HCG is good to start with but not necessary. There are papers in here about the benefits beyond atrophy of testes that point to many other benefits. I for one even though you aren't worried about fertility would want to keep all those other paths that LH supports, which HCG is an analogue, filled, it just makes sense.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I agree with Tom. HCG is not mandatory specially if you will have problems sticking to the injection schedule. No AI unless your estradiol by ultrasensitive test at week 6 or 8 is above 50 pg/mL.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me