$2900 Blood Test???

Buy Lab Tests Online

chrismez

I switched to PPO last year and have a deductible even for blood tests. My wife and I recently did our blood work for our yearly trt F/U. I got a bill from labcorp and almost fell out of my chair. My blood test was $2900 with my co pay of $180 and my wife's was $2600....WTF???? I asked a couple guys at work and they all laughed and said I could thank obamacare... I thought for sure it was a typo. How the hell can they charge that much???

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I switched to PPO last year and have a deductible even for blood tests. My wife and I recently did our blood work for our yearly trt F/U. I got a bill from labcorp and almost fell out of my chair. My blood test was $2900 with my co pay of $180 and my wife's was $2600....WTF???? I asked a couple guys at work and they all laughed and said I could thank obamacare... I thought for sure it was a typo. How the hell can they charge that much???

Are you sure it's a bill and not an explanation of benefits?

If it is a bill there are things you can do. No need to panic.

HarryCat

Are you saying that you will need to pay $2900, or just $180?

Almost nobody pays the list price for lab tests. No need to thank Obamacare, this has been going on for at least the 30 years I've been getting lab work done.

Weasel

My last full set of labs showed 4900 and some change on my insurance mailing. I didnt have to pay that amount but that was what was charged by the local lab.

My last full set of labs showed 4900 and some change on my insurance mailing. I didnt have to pay that amount but that was what was charged by the local lab.

I see similar, with my insurance "lab card", I see the EOBs from my insurance carrier that are in the thousands of dollars. I pay nothing, thank god for the "Lab Card"; no deductible/no copay/100% coverage.

Sean Mosher

Most likely an EOB, estimation of benefits.
The amount you may owe sounds like the $180.
BCBS used to send me these elaborate 10-page EOB's....I'd just read through and see if it's truly an EOB or an actual bill from the lab.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
That is the reason I created www.DiscountedLabs.com

Too bad your doctor's office did not warn you that this can happen. Many insurance companies refuse to pay for tests which they deem unnecessary or too frequent.

Call your insurance company to find out why they did not pay for tests and if they need a letter from your doctor. Also, contact Labcorp

https://www.labcorp.com/.PatientBilling/pdf/PatientBillingHelp.pdf

What lab tests were you billed for?

Last edited:

chrismez

I'm only paying $180 co-pay and my wife's test cost me $39. I just had sticker shock when I saw the amount they charged my insurance for a blood test. I guess the bill I got was a explanation of benefits. I had a HMO last year a never paid a dime for blood work. Switched to PPO and pay a lot out of pocket. Switching back to hmo in june.

Weasel

as a follow up to this, I just received my insurance letter from my last set of bloods, $8,487.39. Unreal what they can charge for these things.....

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me