Starting TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lancealot

Hi all,

Getting ready to start TRT. This is the protocol the doc recommended for me. 2oomg Tcyp/once wk+250iuhcg/twice wk and 1mg/wk anastrozole divided in 2 doses. She wants me to do hcg for 7wks then off 3wks to let body produce its ownT. She also gave me 31g syringes for hcg and 23g for Tcyp. Inject hcg subq and T IM. After 1 month labs for T and E. I have all meds at home now.

After reading on here and elsewhere I know this is def not the best way to go about it. I'm thinking of dividing Tcyp into 2 doses and starting at 50mgx2wk instead of 200mg/once wk, 250iu hcg 2wk and no AI till I see labs. I had additional labs done from discounted labs and waiting results. Had PSA, Thyroid panel, sensitive estrogen. Its been one week and no results yet. Should be coming soon. I posted earlier labs in bloodwork section couple weeks ago.

Any thoughts or advice? I don't know if I should follow what she said to do to satisfy her for the first month then do it the way it should be done after seeing labs? Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

The Anastrozol dose is too high, and what is worse is that the Doc prescribed it before you and her even know if it is needed. The 200mg a week of T is not a completely crazy dose, but starting with 50mg twice a week with no AI to start and then getting labs 4-6 weeks in as you have suggested is definitely a better plan.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Getting ready to start TRT. This is the protocol the doc recommended for me. 2oomg Tcyp/once wk+250iuhcg/twice wk and 1mg/wk anastrozole divided in 2 doses. She wants me to do hcg for 7wks then off 3wks to let body produce its ownT. She also gave me 31g syringes for hcg and 23g for Tcyp. Inject hcg subq and T IM. After 1 month labs for T and E. I have all meds at home now.

After reading on here and elsewhere I know this is def not the best way to go about it. I'm thinking of dividing Tcyp into 2 doses and starting at 50mgx2wk instead of 200mg/once wk, 250iu hcg 2wk and no AI till I see labs. I had additional labs done from discounted labs and waiting results. Had PSA, Thyroid panel, sensitive estrogen. Its been one week and no results yet. Should be coming soon. I posted earlier labs in bloodwork section couple weeks ago.

Any thoughts or advice? I don't know if I should follow what she said to do to satisfy her for the first month then do it the way it should be done after seeing labs? Thanks
If you're injecting testosterone, you stop making it so why stop hcg. I definitely would not stop hcg but I would look for new doctor. How does she know you're going to need an AI.

Your Dr is wrong about stopping hcg to "let you body produce it's own T". As soon as you've gotten those first two injections of Cyp you're body is going to shut down its onboard(!) T production and starting/stopping HCG isn't going to make any difference what so ever.
I'm not going to say your Dr is a quack as they do sound progressive and willing to work with you. Further, as stated, 1mg of Anastrozole is an overdose. This is a powerful drug and should only be used if further testing supports it and then only if you have any nipple issues. Although I might presume you'll be needing it as 200mg at one-time is also an overdose, likely to be converted in some amount/%, to Estrogen.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I think this is a good comment you made, Lancealot:

I would just stay on TRT+HCG with no anastrozole, wait for week 6 sensitive estradiol results and make a decision then about anastrozole. Also, it is a fantasy to attempt to "let your body produce its own T" by being off for 3 weeks. I wonder where doctors pick up such bad information.

Lancealot

If you're injecting testosterone, you stop making it so why stop hcg. I definitely would not stop hcg but I would look for new doctor. How does she know you're going to need an AI.

Vince, I agree to the not stop taking hcg. However I have enough for 7wks @ 2xwk 250iu. That's all she will prescribe at one time. I will not take the AI till labs confirm I actually need it. My only other option at this time for a doc is the LOWT center and I don't want to go there.

Lancealot

Your Dr is wrong about stopping hcg to "let you body produce it's own T". As soon as you've gotten those first two injections of Cyp you're body is going to shut down its onboard(!) T production and starting/stopping HCG isn't going to make any difference what so ever.
I'm not going to say your Dr is a quack as they do sound progressive and willing to work with you. Further, as stated, 1mg of Anastrozole is an overdose. This is a powerful drug and should only be used if further testing supports it and then only if you have any nipple issues. Although I might presume you'll be needing it as 200mg at one

Vince, I agree about stopping hcg but she will only prescribe enough for 7wks at time. I'll have to do it this way for time being. I hope to be able to "educate" her as I go along. I will not use AI till labs confirm a need

Lancealot

I think this is a good comment you made, Lancealot:

I would just stay on TRT+HCG with no anastrozole, wait for week 6 sensitive estradiol results and make a decision then about anastrozole. Also, it is a fantasy to attempt to "let your body produce its own T" by being off for 3 weeks. I wonder where doctors pick up such bad information.

Nelson thanks, I plan on doing it the way you laid out. I have one vial of 3500iu hcg. So enough for 7wks a total 500iu per week. I will have to do it this way for the time being unless I could take a smaller dose to stretch it out for 10wks. She also suggested take the hcg doses 2 days prior to Tcyp injection. So if I take 250iu hcg fri and 250iu hcg Saturday then 200mg Tcyp sunday. I'm not sure why that order but im just going to start Friday (tomorrow) with 50mg T combined with 250iu hcg then Monday evening or tue morning with the same. Does this sound ok to start?

Jk78

175iu twice a week gets you 10 weeks. Why not try there with your 50mg of test. Then you could try to bring in some research for her and get a 10,000iu or 11,000iu vile. Wouldn't this be better than running out before you can get more?

Lancealot

Good point. I may do that. This is all new to me so I don't know what dose to start at for sure and how im going to react. But being off 3wks doesn't seem like the best option either.

Lancealot

Did first inject today. Girlfriend who is a RN was nice enough to come over and show me a few things. She did the 50mg T shot in the hip area and 175iu hcg shot in the stomach. I didn't feel either stick to be honest. She helped me draw up my next T shot, going to combine both T+hcg and try the stomach next time. Its a 31g 5/8 needle so T took a bit to draw but it should be painless I hope. She can get me 26 or 28g needle if needed. Said 31g may take a while to empty out the thick oil. Thanks for all the good advice on this forum!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me