Your input on these blood labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

billygray3

I'm a 46 year old male, I'm not on a TRT plan but have been working really hard at increasing my testosterone naturally, I have been working out and lifting weights for 3 years now, but i keep hitting a wall with getting rid of the fat in my waist line, i have been able to lean up and add some muscle but I don't recover as well. I lift weights 5 days a week for 45 mins each day, I walk at fast pace for 45 minutes each day as well. I have attached blood labs from 3/28/14 and 6/16/14 also the health questions to give some back ground to my issues. I will say that I did experience morning erections around the 6/16/14 labs but since then they are not as much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Blood_Lab_Results_06162014.pdf
    366.7 KB · Views: 208
  • BloodLab_Results_03282014.pdf
    129.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Health and quality of life information.pdf
    62.1 KB · Views: 154
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I think you should take Wednesdays off and rest. Also, your blood work seems fine to me. According to the "established range" your T and free T do not warrant for you to be on TRT; however, it might be the case that you need to be on the higher end of the "established range" in order for you to feel "good". If you can find a Dr that is willing to experiment on you and treat you based on YOUR clinical symptoms ....then you can try TRT and see how you feel.

I don't know how much leeway Drs have to prescribe controlled substances :/

That's my 2 cents

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Everything looks good except your lipids. You may need a review of your diet and supplements. It is difficult to lose fat with lipids like yours.

billygray3

Vince; I have never heard of that book but will look into it. Thanks

Nelson; my lipids were high on the labs for 6/16 probably cause I was on a high fat diet and eating eggs (including the yoke), lots of bacon and red meats to increase cholesterol for increasing testosterone and it did work for a short period but was not able to keep it up. Thanks for reviewing the labs for me.

Crossfitter; thanks for your reply as well; I failed to mention that my workouts are 1 body part per day, so the 5 days is a full body workout and then I take the week ends off.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Billy, interesting enough, your Free T3 results have a large variance between the two sets of labs. Granted, the reference intervals are different, so I go by the percentage of where your results are at within the respective ranges.

1st set of labs you're at 21% of the reference range (2.0 - to 4.4 pg/ml) 2.49pg/ml
2nd set of labs you're at 61% of the reference range (1.71 -to 3.71 pg/ml) 2.93pg/ml

I was going to compare the Reverse T3 ratio on both labs to see if that stayed consistent, but I didn't see an RT3 on your 2nd set of labs. The reference intervals on the first set (2.0pg/ml to 4.4pg/ml) is the more common series of triiodotthyronine serum assays through Labcorp. On the first set of labs, your FT3/RT3 ratio is a little bit lower than what might be desired. If both set of lab results were similar, then this would be a key talking point IMO. However, it's like night and day between the two.

If possible, can you look at doing another set of thyroid labs, using the first set of LabCorp FT3 serum labs? That should be LabCorp reference #010389. Another TSH, Total T3, Reverse T3, plus antibodies (TPO & TgAb) would also be pertinent for this discussion.

If your T3 is at 20% of the reference range, then this could present some form of central or overt hypothyroidism, which could indeed be contributing to some of the issues that you're describing. Not looking to add more cost to your bottom line, but I think it's definitely worth another look.

billygray3

Vettester Chris ; thanks for the reply, I have to go in January for my annual bio metrics, I will have them repeat these labs then. I have questioned the hypothyroidism myself to my physician but the answer has always been they are in the normal range, both my daughters had hashimoto thyroiditis, and then my youngest daughters resulted in thyroid cancer and had her's removed at the age of 10. thanks again for you review and input.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Yeah, makes even more sense knowing there's a family history of Hashis. The attacks can be infrequent, causing significant deviations with the lab results. Knowing what you just mentioned, I'm shocked your physician didn't order antibodies. (Well, then again, none of this is too shocking when reading some recent threads)

Definitely run with what has been discussed! Insist they get BOTH antibodies panels, TPO & TgAb, as Hashi's can be imminent in attacking certain proteins and/or enzymes in the thyroid; both labs will be needed to confirm.

Normal isn't always normal, and doctors need to start treating their patients and not just the numbers. 2 Daughters that have confirmed Hashi's, I would think a substantial deviation in FT3 serum levels would be sending the red flag up the doctor's pole all day long if he's familiar with your family profile.

billygray3

hey Chris I got my results back; let me know your thoughts. thanks....

Attachments

• BloodLab_Results_02032015_excel.pdf
    641.9 KB · Views: 173

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OK, at a glance your antibodies (both) look fine. FT4 is still on the lower end, but the missing link unless I overlooked it is your Free T3, or the order req. might just call it Triiodothyronine-Free Serum. I need that for comparing to your Reverse T3 for ratios. I suspect it is probably in the same zone of the reference range with T4. If so, your ratio (looking at the lower RT3 serum level) will probably be > 20, and if so you could IMO be a good candidate to talk to a physician about being treated for hypothyroidism.

Testosterone serum is till hanging sub-optimal, but not in the tank. Probably just some slightly suppressed LH, which is to be expected as we age (ye ole Andropause dilemma). E2 doesn't appear to be a sensitive or ultra-sensitive platform (correct me if I'm wrong), but would also suspect it to be on the low end with one of those assays. See if you can't put that in when you get more labs.

I know you're looking at keeping things as "natural" as possible ... Take a look at all the topics take place this week with the Healthy Gut Summit https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?3215-Healthy-Gut-Summit .. Just some other avenues that can be explored that do make a difference in your overall well being. I imagine at some point TRT will be a viable option, but cover all the bases that you need covered til you get to that point.

Best,
Chris

billygray3

Yea the Free T3 is called Triiodothyronine-Free Serum and is located on the last page it was 3.50 pg/mL with a reference range of 2.20 - 4.0 pg/mL; the E2 was the sensitive assay not ultra-sensitive. Thanks for reviewing and for your opinion. I will take these results to my doctor for annual checkup and see what he has to say.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OK, thanks for letting me know, for the life I couldn't spot your Free T3 (eyes are getting old lol).

Well, that FT3 amount is ideal IMO, and your FT3/RT3 ratio is > 30 , so there's no indication of pooling. So all looks good from this standpoint with that set of labs for the thyroid.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me