1. #1

    Help Interpret Please. 21 and im in the Military

    Hello everyone I'm new here, after nervously waiting for a couple weeks to get my blood work in I’ve finally got it!

    However, I won’t be speaking with my doctor until sometime in August, so I am hoping I can get some thoughts, and opinions here on the forum to help me interpret this.

    I got a decent amount of blood work done, and I will post EVERYTHING they have given me back.

    As a side note, I originally went to see my current doctor for severe Depression, Anxiety, major insomnia issues, sex drive, weight gain, and seeming to be losing strength out of no where, and after months of trying out different medications, and no success my doctor said “Screw it lets do some blood work.”.

    Fresh Blood work as follows;

    Testosterone 367 ng/dL (REF RANGE 264-916)

    Testosterone Free 15.1 pg/mL (REF RANGE 9.3-26.5)

    Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase 43 U/L (REF RANGE 10-71)

    Thyroxine Free 1.31 ng/dL (REF RANGE 0.93-1.70)

    Thyrotropin 1.93 mcIU/mL (REF RANGE 0.27-4.20)

    Vitamin D3 45 ng/mL (REF RANGE 30-100)

    Triiodothyronine Free 4.1 pg/mL

    Hemoglobin A1c 5.1 % (REF RANGE 4.8-5.6)

    Glucose 90 mg/dL (REF RANGE 65-99)

    Urea Nitrogen 14 mg/dL (REF RANGE 6-20)

    Creatinine 1.2 mg/dL (REF RANGE 0.7-1.2)

    Sodium 141 mmol/L (REF RANGE 136-145)

    Potassium 4.7 mmol/L (REF RANGE 3.5-5.6)

    Chloride 101 mmol/L (REF RANGE 98-107)

    Carbon Dioxide 28 mmol/L (REF RANGE 22-32)

    Anion Gap 12

    Calcium 9.5 mg/dL (REF RANGE 8.4-10.2)

    Protein 7.1 g/dL (REF RANGE 6.6-8.7)

    Albumin 4.7 g/dL (REF RANGE 3.5-5.2)

    Bilirubin 0.4 mg/dL (REF RANGE 0.0-1.2)

    Alkaline Phosphatase 118 U/L (REF RANGE 40-129)

    Aspartate Aminotransferase 27 U/L (REF RANGE 0-40)

    Alanine Aminotransferase 32 U/L (REF RANGE 0-41)

    Urea Nitrogen/Creatinine 12 (REF RANGE 6-22)

    Osmolality Calculated 292 mOsm/kg (REF RANGE 285-295)

    GFR Calculated Non-Black 85 (REF RANGE >or= 90)

    GFR Calculated Black 98 (REF RANGE >or= 90)

    Globulin 2.4 g/dL (REF RANGE 1.9-3.7)

    Albumin/Globulin 2.0 (REF RANGE 1.0-2.5)

    WBC 6.5 x10(3)/mcL (REF RANGE 4.0-10.7)

    RBC 5.0 x10(6)/mcL (REF RANGE 4.3-5.9)

    Hemoglobin 15.9 g/dL (REF RANGE 13.5-17.2)

    Hematocrit 46.8 % (REF RANGE 38.8-51.3)

    MCV 93.1 fL (REF RANGE 81-98)

    MCH 31.7 pg (REF RANGE 26.0-33.0)

    MCHC 34.0 g/dL (REF RANGE 31.0-36.0)

    RDW CV 13.1 % (REF RANGE 11.3-15.2)

    Platelets 183.0 x10(3)/mcL (REF RANGE 150-450)

    MPV 9.5 fL (REF RANGE 7.2-11.1)

    Neutrophils 58.4 % (REF RANGE 40.0-74.0)

    Lymphocytes 30.6 % (REF RANGE 19.0-48.0)

    Monocytes 6.9 % (REF RANGE 3.4-9.0)

    Eosinophils % 3.5 % (REF RANGE 0.0-7.0)

    Basophils 0.6 % (REF RANGE 0.0-1.5)

    Nucleated RBC/100 WBC 0.1 /100 WBCs

    ABS Neutrophils 3.8 x10(3)/mcL (REF RANGE 1.9-8.0)

    ABS Lymphocytes 2.0 x10(3)/mcL (REF RANGE 0.9-5.2)

    ABS Monocytes 0.4 x10(3)/mcL (REF RANGE 0.16-1.0)

    ABS Eosinophils 0.2 x10(3)/mcL (REF RANGE 0.0-0.8)

    ABS Basophils 0.0 x10(3)/mcL (REF RANGE 0.0-0.2)

    Amphetamines NEGATIVE

    Cocaine NEGATIVE

    Opiates NEGATIVE

    Phencyclidine NEGATIVE

    Cannabinoids NEGATIVE

    Barbiturates NEGATIVE

    Benzodiazepines NEGATIVE

    Oxycodone NEGATIVE

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Good that they ruled out the bottom 8
    A lot of your symptoms mimic low T and Thyroid issues.
    Some thyroid labs were ran but not a complete panel with iron and other thyroid labs.
    May not be needed based on the results of the labs that were ran.
    Your FT3 and FT4 look O.K. as does TSH.
    Looks like low "T" at those levels.
    Others with additional knowledge will chime in.
    Here is a "shot gun" approach to other resources that you might like to look into....
    ********************************
    First step is
    education....
    ********************************
    Cannot tell how much research you have done on TRT.
    If not a lot, I recommend you get a few books.
    Get a few good books and educate yourself now:
    1. Get Nelsons book "Testosterone: A Man’s Guide".
    2. Get Lee Myer's book "Natural Versus Testosterone Therapy".
    3. Get “Testosterone for life - Dr. Abraham Morgentaller “.
    4. Get “The Definitive Testosterone Replacement Therapy MANual: How to OptimizeYour Testosterone For Lifelong Health And Happiness” by Jay Campbell.
    These books will give you a much better understanding of TRT....

    ********************************
    ExcelMale.comGuide to Testosterone Replacement
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?5823-ExcelMale-com-Guide-to-Testosterone-Replacement
    **********************************
    One other forumthat has great info that might be useful to you is:
    http://www.peaktestosterone.com/
    GREAT article onE2 – A MUST READ
    http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Estrogen.aspx
    ********************************
    Dr Saya's Videos on Testosterone Therapy and Side Effect Management
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?15207-Dr-Saya-s-Videos-on-Testosterone-Therapy-and-Side-Effect-Management
    *********************************
    DR.Saya’s HCG Study
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?6133&p=32234#post32234
    **********************************
    Second step might be to have a look at your thyroid and see if any issues
    there.
    ********************************
    Do some research.
    I do like Tiredthyroid as a starting point.
    Easy to read sections.
    References at the bottom of each section (and NOT from people wearing "tinfoil" hats)
    See below:
    Basic sources to research Thyroid issues and testing:
    ******************************************
    https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/
    Spend time here and get the 2 books, “STTM: The Revised Book” and “STTMII:Authored by Doctors”.
    *******************************************
    http://www.tiredthyroid.com/
    Great simple to understand articles.
    Get her book.... “Tired Thyroid: From Hyper to Hypo to Healing—Breaking the TSHRule”,
    https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...Channel=system
    A lot of clear researched information that is easy toread and understand.
    ***************************
    https://hypothyroidmom.com/
    Good info here. Look around.
    *************************
    https://www.restartmed.com/?s=thyroid
    A LOT of good articles and a youtube page.
    Spend time here looking around and reading after getting labs back.
    ************************************

    Do you have Hypothyroidism?
    The CompleteHypothyroidism User Guide for Patients (2018 Edition)
    https://www.restartmed.com/hypothyroidism/
    *********************************
    Need information on thyroid testing....
    Read here:
    http://www.tiredthyroid.com/what-labs.html
    And here:
    http://www.tiredthyroid.com/optimal-labs.html
    and here:
    https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/recommended-labwork/
    and here:
    https://www.restartmed.com/thyroid-tests/
    and here:
    https://www.restartmed.com/hormone-testing/
    And here:
    https://www.restartmed.com/normal-thyroid-levels/
    **************************************
    Some additional links to read before you receive the books you have already ordered
    Go here:
    http://www.allthingsmale.com/publications.html
    and download:
    TRT: Recipe For Success
    Print out.
    and
    HCG Update.
    and
    the TRT Power Point presentation.


    Dr. Crisler is one of the "TRT Cutting Edge DR's" here in the states....
    Also go here:
    http://www.drjohncrisler.com/the-cri...part-deux.html
    and also print out the article.

    ***************************
    ALSO look at the videos that are posted on this site. A LOT of great info to take in....
    ******************************
    Now you will have a great reference library and knowledge base to go forward on!



  4. #3
    Are you on TRT? I am assuming you are not. Your TT is on the low side however your FT is not bad. You most likely are a low SHBG guy (missing SHBG in your blood work). Also missing estradiol. Would be good to see where your estradiol is.
    There is definitely room to improve your numbers but you are a very young to start TRT (specially with these numbers). How is your diet? Any medications? Insomnia can wreak havoc on someone’s health. It would be good to check other things like: DHEA-S, DHT, full iron and thyroid panel, LH and FSH
    Depending on your lifestyle there are things you can do to try to improve things.
    Last edited by HealthMan; 07-07-2018 at 06:32 PM.

  5. #4
    Are you seeking treat,went privately, or through the military?
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    Nothing in your bloods jump out at me.
    I would look into your thyroid. Yep time for more blood test since they did not check any of that.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    Nothing in your bloods jump out at me.
    I would look into your thyroid. Yep time for more blood test since they did not check any of that.
    I'd suggest that you throttle back the amount of advice you're doling out when you don't know what you're talking about. You're just confusing the situation and not being at all helpful.

    Thyroxine Free 1.31 ng/dL (REF RANGE 0.93-1.70)
    Triiodothyronine Free 4.1 pg/mL
    Thyrotropin 1.93 mcIU/mL (REF RANGE 0.27-4.20)


  8. #7
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,757
    Testosterone 367 ng/dL (REF RANGE 264-916) I would consider this low for any man especially a 21 year old man. You should have a complete testosterone panel with LH and FSH. LH and FSH will tell if you're primary or secondary, are you on any SSRIs.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    I was under the impression from this very forum that you needed these numbers to have a complete picture of thyroid. TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, Thyroglobulin Antibody and Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody (Anti-TPO) In fact if anyone ever missed one of those you and a hand full of others always pointed it out and commented without the missing numbers there is no complete picture.

  10. #9
    Hmmmm
    Was thinking a bit more....
    Outside the box...
    "As a side note, I originally went to see my current doctor for severe Depression, Anxiety, major insomnia issues, sex drive, weight gain, and seeming to be losing strength out of no where..."
    Low E2?
    Might see if the DR will run a SENSITVIE E2 test:
    Read here:
    http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Low_..._Symptoms.aspx
    and here:
    http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Do_M..._Estrogen.aspx

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by masonobeans View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new here, after nervously waiting for a couple weeks to get my blood work in I’ve finally got it!

    However, I won’t be speaking with my doctor until sometime in August, so I am hoping I can get some thoughts, and opinions here on the forum to help me interpret this.

    I got a decent amount of blood work done, and I will post EVERYTHING they have given me back.

    As a side note, I originally went to see my current doctor for severe Depression, Anxiety, major insomnia issues, sex drive, weight gain, and seeming to be losing strength out of no where, and after months of trying out different medications, and no success my doctor said “Screw it lets do some blood work.”.
    Don't rule that fact those can lower T, vs low T being the cause. You mention mil, but no details. What's the stress levels like? Nutrition? exercise? Etc. None of your labs look terrible, and some additional labs may offer a more complete picture. Do not underestimate the impact of stress, psychological issues, etc to those issues as well as impact on your hormones. T and FT a tad lower than you'd hope/expect to see in a healthy guy your age, but I'd be tracking down the possible causes. An extreme example, but:

    http://www.brinkzone.com/bodybuildin...-a-case-study/

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    Nothing in your bloods jump out at me.
    I would look into your thyroid. Yep time for more blood test since they did not check any of that.
    Yes they did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    I'd suggest that you throttle back the amount of advice you're doling out when you don't know what you're talking about. You're just confusing the situation and not being at all helpful.

    Thyroxine Free 1.31 ng/dL (REF RANGE 0.93-1.70)
    Triiodothyronine Free 4.1 pg/mL
    Thyrotropin 1.93 mcIU/mL (REF RANGE 0.27-4.20)


    Ergo...

    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    I was under the impression from this very forum that you needed these numbers to have a complete picture of thyroid. TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, Thyroglobulin Antibody and Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody (Anti-TPO) In fact if anyone ever missed one of those you and a hand full of others always pointed it out and commented without the missing numbers there is no complete picture.
    Like the MM thread, you skimmed without getting the details, gave bad advice, then doubled down on it when called out vs simply admitting what you did. That seems to be your MO here. As Vince recommends, throttle it back as to not add confusion, or take the time to get the details from the post before responding as not confuse people looking for accurate advice.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Brink View Post
    Don't rule that fact those can lower T, vs low T being the cause. You mention mil, but no details. What's the stress levels like? Nutrition? exercise? Etc. None of your labs look terrible, and some additional labs may offer a more complete picture. Do not underestimate the impact of stress, psychological issues, etc to those issues as well as impact on your hormones. T and FT a tad lower than you'd hope/expect to see in a healthy guy your age, but I'd be tracking down the possible causes. An extreme example, but:

    http://www.brinkzone.com/bodybuildin...-a-case-study/
    Will makes some good points... MOS, deployments, etc., etc. One would hope that was all taken into consideration by your MIL DR. but one never knows...
    If you do seek additional data on your E2 make sure that they order the CORRECT E2 test.
    Most likely they will order the STANDARD test that is worthless.
    If they do, see if you can talk them into BOTH the STANDARD and SENSITVE for a comparison.
    Read:
    http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Whic...Test_Best.aspx
    You might print out and take with you..
    O.K.
    THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX#2
    Have you been bitten by a tick within the last year?
    Have you EVER had the "Bulls Eye" response to ANY bit?
    Have you been in an area with ticks....
    EVEN IF THE ANSWER IS NO TO THE QUESTIONS ABOVE KEEP LOOKING.
    Do a search for "Lyme" here and read the post.
    Read about my Daughter...
    If your condition can not be resolved, and you get worse, and the DRs can not find anything, and then they tell you it is all in your head.... WARNNING..WARNNING...
    Lyme can mimic all the symptoms you have and many, many, many more.
    Individuals can go YEARS, and in some cases DECADES, being misdiagnosed....
    If you HAVE been bitten by a tick, or you HAVE had the "bulls eye" rash, OR you HAVE been in an area with ticks GET TESTED... ALSO ask for the "Western Blot" Lyme test...
    DO NOT let them run the CDC protocol with a PRE TEST first.....
    That test is KNOWN to provide FALSE NEGITIVE results.
    That means they will NOT run the "Western Blot" because you are showing up NEGITIVE for Lyme, when you may well have it.....
    Read the post on this site about Lyme!!!!!
    Do research on LYME in your area.....
    Rule it out sooner rather than years later when damage has been done....

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Brink View Post
    Yes they did.



    Ergo...



    Like the MM thread, you skimmed without getting the details, gave bad advice, then doubled down on it when called out vs simply admitting what you did. That seems to be your MO here. As Vince recommends, throttle it back as to not add confusion, or take the time to get the details from the post before responding as not confuse people looking for accurate advice.
    I'm to old to have an MO. I'm just an old man looking to get his mojo back and seeking guys my own age that might be going thru the same thing.

    If my last post was a double down then let me tripple down ( that's a thing, right?)

    I said, Nothing jumps out at me in your blood test. You should look deeper into your Thyroid numbers."

    You said" None of your labs look terrible, and some additional labs may offer a more complete picture."

    Stop being a hypocrite. You are just pissed because I would not argue with you over that stupid pot article.
    Last edited by FeelingLost; 07-09-2018 at 12:13 AM.

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,722
    And our mods need to get their act together and stop the trolling and bullying other forum members just because they might have a different opinion.

    Our great moderators review every post daily to detect spammers or abuse, so ExcelMale is a safe environment for all men.

    reference: https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...n-other-forums


    By subscribing to ExcelMale, you will abide by the following:


    1. You will unsubscribe yourself when you want. The moderator does not unsubscribe anyone.

    2. You will not attack others--even if you strongly disagree with their views. This applies to emails posted to the group or to the person directly.

    3. You will always respect the confidentiality of others.

    4. You will post messages only on issues that are pertinent to the site

    5. You will respect people's gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, health status, political affiliations, etc.

    6. You will not post for profit information, unless pre-approved by moderator.

    7. You will not discuss illegal therapies not approved for human use, unless the information comes from a published study.

    8. Your messages may or may not get approved by the moderator. You will accept the moderator's best judgment and will not argue about it with him about this action.

    9. You will talk to your doctor before implementing anything you read on this site. ExcelMale and its members are not responsible for any decisions you make regarding your health care

    10. There is NO posting of another member's information without prior approval of the member in question.

    11. There is NO posting of pornographic pictures or messages. This includes pictures in your AVATAR as well as link to pornographic websites.

    12. Do not post links from other men's forums. Everyone has the right to visit other forums as they wish, but advertising those sites here is not acceptable unless prior authorization is given by any of the moderators.

    13. You are allowed to give your opinions and share experiences, but never recommend any treatment options. This site is for educational purposes only and no medical advice is provided.

    14. ExcelMale.com staff are not employees of any clinics and do not serve as customer service representatives for any clinics. If you have issues with your current health care provider, you should address them with them and not expect people on this site to do so for you.

    reference: https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...ode-of-Conduct

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    I'm to old to have an MO. I'm just an old man looking to get his mojo back and seeking guys my own age that might be going thru the same thing.

    If my last post was a double down then let me tripple down ( that's a thing, right?)

    I said, Nothing jumps out at me in your blood test. You should look deeper into your Thyroid numbers."

    You said" None of your labs look terrible, and some additional labs may offer a more complete picture."

    Stop being a hypocrite. You are just pissed because I would not argue with you over that stupid pot article.
    So you're now lying as to what you actually said for all to easily see here, and whining about the mods bullying you. I rest my case. You'll be my first member here added to my blocked list until the mods deal with you appropriately.

  17. #16
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Brink View Post
    So you're now lying as to what you actually said for all to easily see here, and whining about the mods bullying you. I rest my case. You'll be my first member here added to my blocked list until the mods deal with you appropriately.
    Good point Will, if you wish not to read or see someone's posting you can block them. It's probably the best way to deal with someone if you don't feel comfortable with them. I've been on other websites that members have done that.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Good point Will, if you wish not to read or see someone's posting you can block them. It's probably the best way to deal with someone if you don't feel comfortable with them. I've been on other websites that members have done that.
    Done. He's lucky I'm not a mod or he'd be done here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Doctors Performed the First Full Penis and Scrotum Transplant on an American Military Vet
    By Nelson Vergel in forum The Hang Out – Where Everything Goes!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2018, 05:56 AM
  2. interpret my LH/FSH please
    By franksepe in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-16-2017, 08:33 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 06:27 AM
  4. I need help to interpret these lab tests
    By Tommy Wall in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 04:27 PM
  5. I need help to interpret this
    By Tommy Wall in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •