On TRT Water retention isnt going even with AI . Blood work done .

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kay123

I have been on TRT for 6 months .

In the past six weeks I have put on a lot of water weight . Mainly around my stomach and chest.

I then took arimidex 0.5 day after I injected after I noticed the influx of water . I believe 0.5 crashed my e2 as I was tired for a few days . More importantly it didn't help with water retention .

I have had my blood work done . I don't know how to post it on this site . If any of you know how please let me know .
Everything was in range in regards to blood work . My E2 was low but that was due to 0.5 armidex I had 3 days prior to the test.

I am concerned about the water retention. I was looking amazing for the past 5 months but now I am pretty stressed out . Looks bad .

I have a low sodium diet . My blood work showed my sodium was in range.

I am currently eating in a deficit 1800-1900kcal. Clean foods and I track macros .

I train weights and cardio 4 times a week .

Any input in helping with this bloat . I have taken a AI for the past 3 weeks . It didn't change the water retention at all .

I will read the link when I finish work .

At the moment I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out . Everything is great apart from the water retention.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

It's perfectly normal to gain water weight in the first several months of beginning TRT and shed it later in the months to come so wouldn't stress out about it because there's nothing you can do about it.

Your body is searching for a new balance.

Kay123

Hi Systemlord
Thanks for the response.

I have been on TRT for over 6 months . I didn't experience any water weight , if I did it was very mild and unnoticeable.

Now I have a lot of water weight specifically on my stomach and chest .

Both areas feel soft and ripples when the skin is flicked .

I have taken an AI but that didn't do anything for the water weight.

Also I had my bloods checked and my E2 was on the lower end . I put that down to having the arimdex a few days prior to having the blood test .

I hope it does subside , at the moment I'm contemplating quitting the TRT . The water retention is a big problem.

Systemlord

Hi Systemlord
Thanks for the response.

I have been on TRT for over 6 months . I didn't experience any water weight , if I did it was very mild and unnoticeable.

Now I have a lot of water weight specifically on my stomach and chest .

Both areas feel soft and ripples when the skin is flicked .

I have taken an AI but that didn't do anything for the water weight.

Also I had my bloods checked and my E2 was on the lower end . I put that down to having the arimdex a few days prior to having the blood test .

I hope it does subside , at the moment I'm contemplating quitting the TRT . The water retention is a big problem.

What you're going through is very common, it will subside in time. It takes 12 months for everything to stabilize, you're still too early in treatment to be seeing maximum resolve. You'll continue improving beyond the first year, lipids, muscles.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3188848/

Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, with no further increments expected beyond. Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months. Effects on quality of life manifest within 3–4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer. Effects on depressive mood become detectable after 3–6 weeks with a maximum after 18–30 weeks. Effects on erythropoiesis are evident at 3 months, peaking at 9–12 months. Prostate-specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase should be related to aging rather than therapy. Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6–12 months. Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on glycemic control become evident only after 3–12 months. Changes in fat mass, lean body mass, and muscle strength occur within 12–16 weeks, stabilize at 6–12 months, but can marginally continue over years. Effects on inflammation occur within 3–12 weeks. Effects on bone are detectable already after 6 months while continuing at least for 3 years.

Kay123

Thanks for the response and information. Appreciated.

I'm just concerned, reason being is that I didn't have this problem for nearly half a year on TRT. Suddenly im packing on a lot of water and it doesn't seem to come off .

Would assume a lot of the sides connected to TRT e.g. Bloated , acne etc would be noticeable within the first few months of treatment ?

My experience with TRT so far has been great . I've gained lean mass and look good . Overall mood and energy improved wonderfully . Absolutely happier on it. I did t experience any water retention for half a year and now out of nowhere I'm puffed out .

Now current day , I am bloated and have been for weeks . Ive exercised cardio , drinking lots of water . Even talking a herbal diuretic. Completely reduced sugar and sodium . Even though my blood test shows my sodium is fine .

I do hope your right and it levels and I'm back to normal minus the water retention.

On another note . I had a hair transplant done at the beginning of March this year . I know this causes trauma to the head and swelling . I have recovered well from the surgery .

I don't know if this is related to the water weight. I am only assuming but it may of raised my cortisol levels . I have read from nelson that cortisol can impact water weight .
Again I'm just throwing it out there.
I started to experience a lot of water weight about 10 days after surgery ..

I don't know if this had an effect on my hormones ?

I just want to get to te bottom of this as the AI didn't do anything for the water retention.

I love the TRT - made me better person but the water retention is making feel like how was before TRT .

Thanks

Kay123

Blood.jpg
FullSaaaazeRender.jpeg

These are the tests performed .

Kay123

My e2 is at 44 which is on the low side .
I had taken arimdex 0.5 ,3 days before the test.

I don't think my water retention is related to e2.

blackebob

What was your E at before you started the AI? I am not going to have an answer for you, I am learning about this also. Well we might stumble on one.

Kay123

I have no idea what they were before taking the test .

My dr told me to take some AI and see if that gets the bloat down . It didn't.

So within the that week we did a blood test . Which shows my E2 being low .

I know the AI kind of crashed my E2 as I feel the symptoms of low E2 e.g. Tired , fatigue, muscles more sore etc

Kay123

I wished it was the E2 causing the bloating issue. Then all I need to do is make sure my E2 is within normal range .

Unfortunately that I feel isn't te case , anyone else know what might cause bloating . My sodium is in range and I eat clean drink plenty of water ..

Kay123

I am also having my cortisol levels checked . This may cause water retention.
It will take a week for results to come back .
Also taking another hormones check, I will be doing this one day before TRT injection (troth) .

I will have the results next week . Hopefully it may clarify a few things

Kay123

I'll make sure to keep you informed in regards of the blood results.

I will let you know about the progress . I've orderd some hctz (water pill) . That should arrive next week . Hopefully that can get rid of the bloat .

May lower my dosage from 125mg E7D to 100mg E7D . See if that has any effect on the water retention...

I will find a way to get rid of this bloat and continue TRT.

Systemlord

I'll make sure to keep you informed in regards of the blood results.

I will let you know about the progress . I've orderd some hctz (water pill) . That should arrive next week . Hopefully that can get rid of the bloat .

May lower my dosage from 125mg E7D to 100mg E7D . See if that has any effect on the water retention...

I will find a way to get rid of this bloat and continue TRT.

Typically guys with high SHBG need larger doses to lower SHBG and free up free T, lowering your dosage could make TRT less effective. This is not something you decide to get rid of, it will happen when your body reaches a new balance.

Kay123

Hi nelson

Supplements I'm taking so far .

Proviron 50g everyday morn and night . Just started a week ago . It's used to bring my SBHG down .

I take this supplements everyday.
Omega fish tabs
Vit c 2g
Vit d3
Magnesium citrate
Spatone - it's an iron supplement used here in the UK

My doctor don't know the cause of the water retention . Suggested maybe lowering my dose .
125mg e7d is pretty low already im assuming . I may lower it but not sure yet .

I've read most of the info on the site and I'm still don't know what it can be .

I've ordered some hctz maybe that can help . Anyone had any experience with it ? How effective was it for water retention?

I am having my cortisol levels checked this week . May have something todo with the water weight.

Would it be a good idea to check kidney function . Don't know I'm just throwing it out there .

Thanks systemlord for the response, I hope your right . I hope it does level out .

Last edited:

Kay123

Also nelson and anyone else ,

Do you recommend a dirutic ?
Did it help it regards of losing the excess water?

Iv orderd Furosemide and hctz after reading some of the forums on this site .

blackebob

yes I think it is important to get kidneys tested. I am really starting to figure out that this, for some people is not like taking a multi vitamin. Kidney function can play a big role.

Kay123

My blood test shows few tests including ACR & GFR - they appear to be fine from what the test showing .

My questions:
are these the only tests you need to run in order to know your kidneys are functioning fine?

Could you tell from my Lab results that my kidneys are not related to the bloating?

"Your kidney numbers include 2 tests: ACR (Albumin to Creatinine Ratio) and GFR (glomerular filtration rate). GFR is a measure of kidney function and is performed through a blood test."
Kidney.org

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching