1. #1

    What's the beef with anastrazole?

    I've been on TRT for more than two years. Dialed in and feeling great for most of that time. I have used a low dose of adex the whole time. Seems like the general consensus on this site is to avoid adex unless you need a D cup bra or have severe swelling. Maybe I'm just sensitive to E2, but I feel awesome when my E2 is mid 20's to mid 30's. Any higher and I lose a lot of the positive effects of TRT.


  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Junior Member stevep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    195
    I'm no expert, but I think the biggest concern it is a breast cancer drug. I'm in the same boat you're in. Dialed in, and sensitive to E2. I'm one that benefits from HCG and need/want it for multiple reasons. But if my E2 gets to high I notice it quickly.

    I've tried DIM and it didn't help with my E2 at all that I could tell.

    I take .125mg twice a week which is a small dose, but enough for me.

  4. #3
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    7,503
    The only issue with an AI, it's so overly prescribed. Doctors made it a issue not patients. I've never needed or wanted to use and AI, thankfully no doctors have pushed in on me. Estrogen is important for men to not just females.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    The only issue with an AI, it's so overly prescribed. Doctors made it a issue not patients. I've never needed or wanted to use and AI, thankfully no doctors have pushed in on me. Estrogen is important for men to not just females.
    But the drug itself seems to be demonized by folks on this site. Obviously, over prescribing and over use of any drug is bad. This issue appears to be about the use of this medication at all. So you are saying judicious use of anastrazole is okay? I know my TRT journey would be an abject failure without it.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashtide View Post
    But the drug itself seems to be demonized by folks on this site. Obviously, over prescribing and over use of any drug is bad. This issue appears to be about the use of this medication at all. So you are saying judicious use of anastrazole is okay? I know my TRT journey would be an abject failure without it.
    Then continue to utilize it. It's a good drug, should only be deployed when circumstances dictate its necessity. In your case, that criteria is met.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    Then continue to utilize it. It's a good drug, should only be deployed when circumstances dictate its necessity. In your case, that seems to be the case.
    I shall continue to use it. I'm just trying to figure out the mentality towards the drug I encounter on this site. You would think it was rat poison!

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashtide View Post
    I shall continue to use it. I'm just trying to figure out the mentality towards the drug I encounter on this site. You would think it was rat poison!
    It's handed out as as a standard element of far too many TRT protocols, typically prior to the initiation of therapy when there is no indication of where estradiol levels will land once TRT is underway. It is estradiol that has been demonized by many, doctors and patients, when in reality, at therapeutic levels, it is an essential hormone for men in regard to sexual performance, bone health, and cognitive function. Men come to this site with single digit levels, taking excessive amounts of anastrozole...having been told that if estradiol is not brought to near extinct levels they will grow breasts.

    My own doctor says, "An AI when necessary, but only when necessary."
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    67
    My beef with it is my last doctor prescribed 1 mg per week and that was WAY too much for the every other week injection cycle that he had me on. I ended up feeling so bad to the point where I was ready to give up TRT all together. Come to find out, my estradiol was single digit, below range, on the sensitive scale.

    The night sweats, joint/tendon pain, and horrific mood swings sucked. I'm better now since starting a new protocol in December, but it took nearly 2 months for the symptoms to completely diminish.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by bouquetCPA View Post
    My beef with it is my last doctor prescribed 1 mg per week and that was WAY too much for the every other week injection cycle that he had me on. I ended up feeling so bad to the point where I was ready to give up TRT all together. Come to find out, my estradiol was single digit, below range, on the sensitive scale.

    The night sweats, joint/tendon pain, and horrific mood swings sucked. I'm better now since starting a new protocol in December, but it took nearly 2 months for the symptoms to completely diminish.
    I think you hit the nail right on the head bouquetCPA. It's not that AI's are bad. It is the poor prescription frequency and amount.
    Most of the guys here posting AIs are the devils brew took too much(enter any reason or blame here_____________) and crashed their E2.
    Some claim to have never recovered from low E.

    As for me I use an AI and love it. I have never taken more than .125 EOD and some weeks I will skip one dose.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    I think you hit the nail right on the head bouquetCPA. It's not that AI's are bad. It is the poor prescription frequency and amount.
    Most of the guys here posting AIs are the devils brew took too much(enter any reason or blame here_____________) and crashed their E2.
    Some claim to have never recovered from low E.

    As for me I use an AI and love it. I have never taken more than .125 EOD and some weeks I will skip one dose.
    I get all that. I do the same thing as you. I mix up my dose based on the way I feel.

  12. #11
    It's just a dosage thing. It's often difficult to dial in a dosage that is just right. Too much will just have you feeling awful. I think it's harmless in the right amounts.

  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by user_joe View Post
    It's just a dosage thing. It's often difficult to dial in a dosage that is just right. Too much will just have you feeling awful. I think it's harmless in the right amounts.
    Agree 100%.

  14. #13
    Member madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashtide View Post
    I've been on TRT for more than two years. Dialed in and feeling great for most of that time. I have used a low dose of adex the whole time. Seems like the general consensus on this site is to avoid adex unless you need a D cup bra or have severe swelling. Maybe I'm just sensitive to E2, but I feel awesome when my E2 is mid 20's to mid 30's. Any higher and I lose a lot of the positive effects of TRT.
    The main issue is not the aromatase inhibitor itself. What truly matters is whether one lowers their estradiol levels too much with the use of an a.i. which is not healthy and can cause many negative issues.

    It is all about finding a healthy balance as you know e2 is essential to the male and yes sometimes even having higher e2 levels in some especially when ones total/free t levels are also higher can be beneficial to the effectiveness of ones protocol.

    Keeping an eye on where ones levels fall in the lab range for estradiol (sensitive assay) is helpful to know whether one falls in the lower/mid/high range and is important to ones protocol but numbers are not the end all be all.

    Everyone responds differently and as you know some feel better having higher levels where as other feel better with levels in range. I would say how one feels overall is what is critical and whether ones experiences high or low e2 symptoms.

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    I think you hit the nail right on the head bouquetCPA. It's not that AI's are bad. It is the poor prescription frequency and amount.
    Most of the guys here posting AIs are the devils brew took too much(enter any reason or blame here_____________) and crashed their E2.
    Some claim to have never recovered from low E.

    As for me I use an AI and love it. I have never taken more than .125 EOD and some weeks I will skip one dose.
    Therein lies the rub. The doctor that I left, along with his staff, are under the false impression that men on TRT do NOT need estradiol in their bodies. I know because that was their argument when I brought in my labs after the crash. I wonder how many other lives they are ruining with that mentality?

    My new doctor put me on .125 mg every 3.5 days because I have a naturally high SHBG. I'll know after the results tomorrow how that has been working for me.

  16. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    The main issue is not the aromatase inhibitor itself. What truly matters is whether one lowers their estradiol levels too much with the use of an a.i. which is not healthy and can cause many negative issues.

    It is all about finding a healthy balance as you know e2 is essential to the male and yes sometimes even having higher e2 levels in some especially when ones total/free t levels are also higher can be beneficial to the effectiveness of ones protocol.

    Keeping an eye on where ones levels fall in the lab range for estradiol (sensitive assay) is helpful to know whether one falls in the lower/mid/high range and is important to ones protocol but numbers are not the end all be all.

    Everyone responds differently and as you know some feel better having higher levels where as other feel better with levels in range. I would say how one feels overall is what is critical and whether ones experiences high or low e2 symptoms.
    Yup. I can totally manipulate how I feel just by small alterations in my anastrazole dose. If I wake up without morning wood, the next time I dose with adex I just slightly increase it and the wood comes back the next morning.

  17. #16
    I have been using anastrozole for around 6 months - going to give up on it shortly and adjust my testosterone dose as it makes me super moody, aggressive etc

  18. #17
    so anastrozole makes you super moody and agressive?
    I remember Vince Carter was saying that dhea would make him feel that way just 24 hours after taking it. I smell dhea lowers e2

  19. #18
    It can be hard to prove it but I do believe that anastrozole makes me moody, aggressive etc - prob not the drug itself but the action of lowering estrogen. I am planning on splitting my testosterone dose up in a bid to keep things a bit more stable - have to do something as I am literally falling out with everyone

  20. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    67
    Has anyone ever noticed anxiety with Anastrozole? It was way worse when I was on 1 mg, but every now and again, like if I take .125 mg at night, I seem to get a little anxiety that keeps me from falling asleep.

  21. #20

  22. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    How are you guys dosing .125?
    I have 1 mg tabs
    Do you have a liquid form

  23. #22
    Most of us have a compounding pharmacy that we use that produces those split dose capsules but yes, you can make your own liquid though it's less precise. If you take 1mg tablet and dissolve it in 1mL of Vodka, you can draw up .125 in a dosing syringe and be pretty close.

  24. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBronko View Post
    How are you guys dosing .125?
    I have 1 mg tabs
    Do you have a liquid form
    Compounding pharmacies make custom dosages.

    ETA. Vince beat me by a few seconds, arrrggh.

  25. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2
    Thanks guys.
    Anybody try cutting up a 1 mg tab

  26. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBronko View Post
    Thanks guys.
    Anybody try cutting up a 1 mg tab
    To reach .125 mg? Not likely...
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  27. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyBronko View Post
    Thanks guys.
    Anybody try cutting up a 1 mg tab
    I was able to get it close with patience and a new pill cutter. After a while, my patience resulted in crumbs as the blade became dull. I'm currently dosing .125 mg of Anastrozole from a compounding pharmacy. I will agree though, the overall feel from this site, regarding Anastrozole, is not positive. For me, using it has been very positive.

  28. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I was able to get it close with patience and a new pill cutter. After a while, my patience resulted in crumbs as the blade became dull. I'm currently dosing .125 mg of Anastrozole from a compounding pharmacy. I will agree though, the overall feel from this site, regarding Anastrozole, is not positive. For me, using it has been very positive.
    What's funny is it's not the drug that is the problem it's misuse of the drug that's th problem. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 0.125mg of anastrazole is not going to cause you any harm!

  29. #28
    I'm with BouquetCPA as well.

    Too many guys are put on anastrazole at the onset of TRT by doctors that do not check estrogen levels in the first place, and/or use the wrong test. The non sensitive test tends to read high. The result is many guys estrogen crashes which is not only hazardous in terms of health but also makes you feel like hell. This happened to me as well. It wasn't until I was put on a good protocol and AI discontinued that I pulled out of E2 depletion. When I was depleted I had the same symptoms, and especially the mood swings were not only hellish, but I was close to suicidal. Once hormones were balanced, including getting E2 back into normal range I lost the mood problems except for my normal grumpy old man attitude.

  30. #29
    I agree most problems from AI are because of people are using it incorectly and too high of a dose.. I never understood one concept why would you need to lower your estrogen levels especially if you are on Testosterone replacement therapy not on steroids. if you dont abuse trt you wont need estrogen blocker im sorry but we dont produce anastrozole naturally.. When i used it in the past I had less water retention from trt, less libido, less energy, worse mood and less strenght gains so for me low e2 always made trt "work less" even though I didn't put on as much water bloat with it

  31. #30
    Testosterone is a steroid hormone. Using supra physiological amounts just means you are abusing the steroid. We need to be clear about this. It's the way you use it. Not what it's named.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Got a Rx for Anastrazole
    By modawg2k in forum Prevent & Reverse Side Effects (HCG, Anastrozole, etc)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2017, 09:01 PM
  2. Looking for advice on Anastrazole.
    By RLW in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2017, 05:40 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2016, 04:00 PM
  4. How Safe is your Ground Beef (Consumer Reports)
    By croaker24 in forum Health & Wellness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2015, 12:06 PM
  5. How can CrossFit Workouts Help You Beef Up?
    By Benjamin in forum Workouts & Routines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 01:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •