Need Advice on switching from Testim to injectables

Buy Lab Tests Online

Montrealer

Hi guys,

first of all, thanks a lot for sharing your experience and knowledge - it is a great help to so many. For sure it was an encouragement to me in my hour of desperation :)
Here's my question in the context.
I am new to TRT, 53 yo, generally healthy and fit. I went to see my urologist because of ED symptoms and a drop in libido. He tested my T levels and put me on Testim gel after I scored 315 ng/dl TT. I started using 100 mg (two tubes) Testim in November and have experienced a nice libido boost. My recent blood test showed 876ng/dl TT. So, Testim seems to be rather effective for me (I realize it's not the case for many others), but it certainly has its negative sides. To avoid those issues (have to schedule gym around gel application, the danger of transferring T to my wife and kids, skin stickiness) I want my doc to switch me to Testosterone Cypionate, twice a week shots.
Now, here's my question: since I am on a higher dose of Testim (starts at 50mg and the max recommended dose is 100mg), should I also ask for a higher dose of Testosterone Cypionate? Like higher than 100 mg/week? Or is it better to start at 100 mg/week? I'm sure my urologist will have his opinion, but I would like to know what your experience says about this.
Another question: Since transdermals tend to result in higher DHT, will the switching to injectable T weaken my libido?
And here's one more: Should I taper out the gel for a few days after I start the injections to allow T from the injection to reach the desired concentration in blood or should I stop the gel on the day of the first injection?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi guys,

first of all, thanks a lot for sharing your experience and knowledge - it is a great help to so many. For sure it was an encouragement to me in my hour of desperation :)
Here's my question in the context.
I am new to TRT, 53 yo, generally healthy and fit. I went to see my urologist because of ED symptoms and a drop in libido. He tested my T levels and put me on Testim gel after I scored 315 ng/dl TT. I started using 100 mg (two tubes) Testim in November and have experienced a nice libido boost. My recent blood test showed 876ng/dl TT. So, Testim seems to be rather effective for me (I realize it's not the case for many others), but it certainly has its negative sides. To avoid those issues (have to schedule gym around gel application, the danger of transferring T to my wife and kids, skin stickiness) I want my doc to switch me to Testosterone Cypionate, twice a week shots.
Now, here's my question: since I am on a higher dose of Testim (starts at 50mg and the max recommended dose is 100mg), should I also ask for a higher dose of Testosterone Cypionate? Like higher than 100 mg/week? Or is it better to start at 100 mg/week? I'm sure my urologist will have his opinion, but I would like to know what your experience says about this.
Another question: Since transdermals tend to result in higher DHT, will the switching to injectable T weaken my libido?
And here's one more: Should I taper out the gel for a few days after I start the injections to allow T from the injection to reach the desired concentration in blood or should I stop the gel on the day of the first injection?

Thanks for your thoughts!
A good starting protocol is 50mg injected twice weekly, every 3.5 days. Wait six weeks, draw the appropriate lab tests. Do not taper your testosterone dose, simply discontinue your topical and begin injecting - unless you enjoy feeling hypogonadal again. Libido is a tricky thing, the product of so many factors, but most of us who have achieved success through injections have no reason to complain.

blitzen

My test levels were around the same as yours and they put me on 150mg a week. But I think beside the T levels there are other factors to consider .... body size/weight (as they asked for mine) and the SHBG levels (which in addition will have an effect on injection frequency)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me