New Member - Recently Received a Low T lab result

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cuso

Hello. I'm a 37 year old engineer and family man, who is quite honestly, significantly out of shape. Trying to regain my health and went to have lab work done because I'm feeling a few symptoms of Low T (significant fatigue, reduced mental focus, reduced sex drive). Lab results came back showing a Test level of 172 and Prolactin result of 7.03. I am now 5'9" and 246 pounds, which puts me with a BMI over 35. I do have several of the factors which may be contributing to Low T; lack of sleep, lack of exercise, poor diet, and high levels of stress.

Throughout my twenties (prior to kids and graduate school), I worked out nearly every day and was really active. During that time I typically hovered around 170-180 and bewilderingly to me, was actually 5' 10". While I was a gym regular and mountain biked multiple times a week, I never really put on any significant muscle mass from working out. I also went bald during my mid-twenties and significant fatigue set in by my late twenties. Currently reading Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove's "New Rules of Lifting", and I'm realizing how ineffective my work outs used to be.

Was referred here to learn more about what blood work to obtain next, possible natural methods of regaining my T, what else to have medically looked at, and possibly starting TRT if that is deemed appropriate. Also hoping to find some feed back on implementing a new diet, supplement, and workout plan.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Your testosterone is very low for a 37 year old man, I wonder why? Are you on any medication can lower your levels or used anabolic steroids in the past.
LH and FSH need to be run to determine if you're primary or secondary hypogonadism.

LTChris

posting full labs with which labs were ran and the ranges will help with response from members. Would definitely get diet and weight in line prior to starting any protocol. Diet/exercise is a tough one. Both need to be so individualized to be effective ( no one size fits all). You need to spend some time reading through the posts here. Lots of good info. I would not get crazy with supplements right away. Start with diet first, Nutrition is huge. What is your diet like now.

you are in the right place for help. I am about the same age/height, with similar symptoms. I am starting to gain head way and you can too. Patience is key, good luck and welcome!

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. As has been pointed out, you are at the start of a journey, one that shouldn't be undertaken with many more blood tests to sort out what may/may not be going on in regard to your hypogonadism.

Cuso

Your testosterone is very low for a 37 year old man, I wonder why? Are you on any medication can lower your levels or used anabolic steroids in the past.
LH and FSH need to be run to determine if you're primary or secondary hypogonadism

Yes, unfortunately it is, and the more I read on here about the symptoms of low T, I believe it may have been low for a number of years.

I have been very fortunate, perhaps do to simply not knowing, but I am not on any medications nor have I ever been on any medications beyond an occasional antibiotic. Never used steroids or any serious medications, drugs, or even serious supplements in the past.

I'm planning on going to the doctor next week to request additional tests. Researching on here this weekend, what tests to ask for.

CoastWatcher

Yes, unfortunately it is, and the more I read on here about the symptoms of low T, I believe it may have been low for a number of years.

I have been very fortunate, perhaps do to simply not knowing, but I am not on any medications nor have I ever been on any medications beyond an occasional antibiotic. Never used steroids or any serious medications, drugs, or even serious supplements in the past.

I'm planning on going to the doctor next week to request additional tests. Researching on here this weekend, what tests to ask for.

You should have a CBC, CMP, LH, FSH, SHBG, estradiol/sensitive (not the standard estradiol test), TSH, t3, t4, rt3, prolactin, DHT, DHEA, PSA. You're status will become clear.

Cuso

posting full labs with which labs were ran and the ranges will help with response from members. Would definitely get diet and weight in line prior to starting any protocol. Diet/exercise is a tough one. Both need to be so individualized to be effective ( no one size fits all). You need to spend some time reading through the posts here. Lots of good info. I would not get crazy with supplements right away. Start with diet first, Nutrition is huge. What is your diet like now.

you are in the right place for help. I am about the same age/height, with similar symptoms. I am starting to gain head way and you can too. Patience is key, good luck and welcome!

Yes, I'm hoping to have some lab work done next week to establish my baselines. Trying to research what all to ask for, and this site is phenomenal for that!

My plan is to make some serious lifestyle changes; specifically with regards to nutrition, exercise, and stress. Hoping this will significantly improve my T levels, in addition to simply feeling better. Obtaining a proper amount of sleep, might not be realistic though (professional job, 3 kids, 2 hour commute, graduate school). Generally, I'm thrilled if I'm averaging six hours of sleep a night, some weeks it's less then that. Presently, and for the past few years my diet has honestly been horrible and even embarrassing. On the road taking kids to day care before dawn, and have simply been doing McDonald's for breakfast because it's expedient. Live on caffeine throughout the workday and unless I go out for lunch, often skip it completely to get more work accomplished. Generally have a reasonably healthy family dinner in the evening. Cholesterol, sugar, thyroid, blood pressure, etc. have always been good. The only vitamin deficiency that I've ever been advised to supplement is Vitamin D. That being said, I'll post what my actual numbers are, once they come in.

Cuso

You should have a CBC, CMP, LH, FSH, SHBG, estradiol/sensitive (not the standard estradiol test), TSH, t3, t4, rt3, prolactin, DHT, DHEA, PSA. You're status will become clear.

Thank you for the clarification! Do I ask for these tests individually, or is there typically a panel style test to ask for which includes all of these?

CoastWatcher

Thank you for the clarification! Do I ask for these tests individually, or is there typically a panel style test to ask for which includes all of these?
CBC and CMP, Complete Blood Count and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, are (as you might think) standard panels. The other tests are ordered individually.

Vince

Super Moderator

Nelson has a nice thread that you can print if you like.

Suggested Lab Tests and Questions Before and After Initiation of Testosterone Replacement

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-After-Initiation-of-Testosterone-Replacement

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me