Pitfalls of Conventional Heart Disease Treatment

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Natural health expert and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Dr. Thomas Cowan on why surgical procedures for heart disease, like stents, are potentially ineffective.
It's only 3 min long.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

Typical Mercola. Not saying that he is wrong in this vid, I firmly believe that overuse of stents is inappropriately rampant, but does not recognize the other side of the same coin. The video is a bit misleading. What they don't say is that if you actually have a heart attack, the emergency intervention of balloon angioplasty and stenting is life saving.

Vince

Super Moderator
I believe most studies show that lifestyle changes is better then bypass or stents along with some meds. Should stenting or bypass only be used when there is severe heart angina. I wonder how long a bypass last before closing up?

Blackhawk

I don't argue that prevention in it's many forms are preferable to any unwarranted stent placement. And, Vince I applaud your diligence to the task!

In my own case, I have a big ol' stent that may have been unwarranted... I'll never know. The issue remains a giant question mark based on what happened with me, and my family history. This along with the damage statins did to me are my primary personal reasons for suspicion about the interventional cardiology profession.

All I am saying is that if you are on the table with an MI, catheterization and stenting is pretty darn warranted. Are there any better alternatives to restoring blood flow to the heart muscle if you are dying right then and there?

Vince

Super Moderator
That's a very hard question for me to answer. Why is my dad still alive after having a heart attack almost 25 years ago and 6 bypasses. Yes he completely change his lifestyle, did the bypass to save his life, I would have to admit they probably did.

Vince

Super Moderator
I should add, my dad had a heart attack at age 60 and bypass surgery, my mom had a heart attack at age 70 and bypass surgery and my older sister suffer a heart attack about 7 years ago and had I believe two stents put in. They are all alive today and are doing good of course they are made Lifestyle Changes. My father-in-law died at age 49 from a heart attack, my wife's oldest brother died at age 50 from a heart attack her other brother died at age 62 from congestive heart failure complications due to cancer and my wife died at 48 from cancer. I have 5 children and right now five grandchildren I guess they don't have the best genes in the world.

ratbag

Mercola is a little bizarre at times. I've seen other weird videos from him before. He must be taking some bad supps. In this case it makes no sense what they say in that vid because Dr. Crisler went thru this exact problem last year and he's a perfect example of someone who is in good shape, exercises and he survived it until a stent was installed. As mentioned here if your on the table and your arteries are blocked your past the time where diet and exercise will help.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me