I took a peek at my Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Edit:... I forgot to add that I'm diabetic Type 2 and my HB-A1C was 5.5 for years when my TT was 1500. I was on 1000mg metformin at the time. They say pre-diabetics starts at about 5.6 - 5.8. I never thought much about it but I had read that the higher the dosing of Testosterone the higher your glucose will become/ Just go read what bodybuilders do... they take insulin injections because they take huge doses of testosterone. Long story short is when I worked my dosage down to 35mg E3.5D my next set of labs showed my A1C to be 5.0 That was a huge improvement and another reason I'll stick with my current protocol.
That's interesting about higher levels of T and higher A1c. This hasn't been the case for me but most are not as strict with their diet as I am.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
After reading all of these awesome replies, I'm definitely will be lowering my T dose and checked my levels often. I did inject 18mg of t cyp today. I probably should lower it to 16mg.

lexer

Vince
very interesting. If your DHT levels are barely mid ranged and both your total and free are through the roof, when your natural T was was low normal your DHT must of been extremely low.. but yet you still lost your hair.. interesting.
any prostate issues before or after T ?
as far as very low dose ( 45 mgs) twice per week, my free T was also very high.
Im starting 35 mgs every tuessday and friday. I want to stay in the mid to upper 500's.

ratbag

I've been slowly losing my head hair since puberty and growing it in other places. :)

LOL and I thought I was the only one with that problem! Ever since I started taking HCG I get hair growing out of my nose and my ears. If I could somehow get it to grow on top of my head I'd be very happy! I have to trim nose and ear hair weekly or I look like a beast. I wonder if others have this problem too? It's not much of a concern really, just a nuisance.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince
very interesting. If your DHT levels are barely mid ranged and both your total and free are through the roof, when your natural T was was low normal your DHT must of been extremely low.. but yet you still lost your hair.. interesting.
Im starting 35 mgs every tuessday and friday. I want to stay in the mid to upper 500's.
Never had any issues with prostate. When doctors do the finger test on me, I'm told my prostate feels excellent. With TRT my PSA runs 1.4-1.5 before TRT it ran about 0.7-0.9

I hope your new protocol works out good for you, please keep us updated.

lexer

Vince
think about it. Your total T is 1300 and dht is only 57 ( range 30-80 ). When your T levels are, lats say 350 naturally, your DHT is probably in the 10-15 range ( very low). You must be extremely sensitive to dht.

Vince

Super Moderator
LOL and I thought I was the only one with that problem! Ever since I started taking HCG I get hair growing out of my nose and my ears. If I could somehow get it to grow on top of my head I'd be very happy! I have to trim nose and ear hair weekly or I look like a beast. I wonder if others have this problem too? It's not much of a concern really, just a nuisance.
LOL, nose hair. I have a nice nose hair trimmer and use it daily right before I shave, in my ears and nose. :eek:

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince
think about it. Your total T is 1300 and dht is only 57 ( range 30-80 ). When your T levels are, lats say 350 naturally, your DHT is probably in the 10-15 range ( very low). You must be extremely sensitive to dht.
Even when I had low levels of testosterone my libido was strong. I know it's a gene in the hair that causes hair loss, some men with high levels of DHT ever lose hair. My grandfather (my fathers dad) had hair like a 18 year old right up to his death.

Vince

Super Moderator
I really lucked out, I have a consultation tomorrow morning. Then I will be starting my new protocol. I'm looking forward to a new protocol, even though I feel great.

ratbag

Hair loss isn't only male pattern baldness (genetic) I lost most of my hair by the age of 21 and learned when I was 50 that I was hypopituitary and that I'd lived a life with hormone deficiency. I have areas on my head where I'm missing hair on the sides of my head... it looks unusual and it is and that problem according to my MD is hair loss because of hormone deficiency. I normally wear a baseball cap to hide it.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hair loss isn't only male pattern baldness (genetic) I lost most of my hair by the age of 21 and learned when I was 50 that I was hypopituitary and that I'd lived a life with hormone deficiency. I have areas on my head where I'm missing hair on the sides of my head... it looks unusual and it is and that problem according to my MD is hair loss because of hormone deficiency. I normally wear a baseball cap to hide it.
I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you're a handsome man. I try to never wear a hat, I prefer to show my head to the world but when I posted some pictures on this site I did wear a hat.

madman

Super Moderator
Vince

Hair loss is more complex than just dht levels as some men with low-normal dht levels still experience hair loss and genetics plays a strong role. Sensitivity of the AR (androgen receptor) can vary in people.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hair loss is more complex than just dht levels as some men with low-normal dht levels still experience hair loss and genetics plays a strong role. Sensitivity of the AR (androgen receptor) can vary in people.
One nice thing is, I never get acne or oily skin form TRT.

This has me somewhat worried myself now. I recently switch to EOD, and for once I feel great! Doing lab work tomorrow and I hope it doesnt come back high in TT or FT, hate to have to go and mess with getting me dialed in again. Took nearly a year to find my happy spot. Looking forward to your Dr response.

Vince

Super Moderator
This has me somewhat worried myself now. I recently switch to EOD, and for once I feel great! Doing lab work tomorrow and I hope it doesnt come back high in TT or FT, hate to have to go and mess with getting me dialed in again. Took nearly a year to find my happy spot. Looking forward to your Dr response.
I definitely believe I'll be lowering my dose, I injected 16mg of T this morning. I really like doing daily injections of T, I did think about going back to every 3 1/2 days. But would prefer to stay with dailies.

Vince

Super Moderator
My new protocol. 16mg of testosterone cypionate daily- 500iu of HCG every 3 1/2 days- DHEA 35mg after breakfast and as always no AI.
In 6 months run full labs and have consultations. We talked about running labs on my know in 3 months. If I need to make some minimal adjustment it's okay, or if needed have a new consultation.

ZoomyR6

That's good advice, I did my labs on the morning of the 24th. I skipped my HCG on Thursday the day before my labs and of course I did my labs before I injected my T.
Just curious but why would you skip HCG the day before bloods if it's part of your protocol?

Vince

Super Moderator
Just curious but why would you skip HCG the day before bloods if it's part of your protocol?
I felt injecting HCG the night before my labs could spike my testosterone levels. I do labs at my lowest levels, otherwise I could be blaming my high level of T on my HCG injection. Now I can't do that and can comfortably lower my T dose.

ZoomyR6

I felt injecting HCG the night before my labs could spike my testosterone levels. I do labs at my lowest levels, otherwise I could be blaming my high level of T on my HCG injection. Now I can't do that and can comfortably lower my T dose.

I wonder why when I posted a thread about this same thing, I was informed do not to stop HCG as it was part of my protocol and can skew results since the protocol is a whole...

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?11739-TRT-lab-followup-Stop-HCG-days-prior-to-testing

codus2112

I just had almost the exact same results Vince. My total not quite what yours was at 940 (range 398-1197), but Free T at 37.8 (range 6.8-21.5) I feel great but Dr wants to lower to 100mg/wk.

Currently at 120mg/split 3x week and 750iu hcg/split 3x week

I tested on Mon before my injection but did inject hcg on Sat evening as usual.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me