Article: Waist Circumference: The Best Metric for Predicting Sexual Symptoms for Hypogonadal Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Waist Circumfrence: The Best Metric for Predicting Sexual Symptoms for Hypogonadal Men

It's been well established that waist circumference is a useful, reliable predictor for cardiovascular risk. However, until earlier this year it was not certain what its value was in regard to sexual health/quality of life status in hypogonadal men.

• Researchers enrolled 261 patients, all of whom were being treated with testosterone undecanoate.
  • Three recorded measurements, body weight, body mass index, and waist circumference were taken and were then correlated with results from the International Index of Erectile Function Score, the Aging Male Symptom Index, and the International Prostate Symptom Score to evaluate the sexually influenced, quality of life.

They discovered that among all three measurements, A study "waist circumference is the best predictor of health-related/quality of life factors for hypogonadal men." Of particular note, BMI, long regarded as a reliable predictor of sexual health, had no proportionality to measurements of sexual function for these hypogonadal men.

Andrologia, 2017.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27400881/

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
It's been well established that waist circumference is a useful, reliable predictor for cardiovascular risk. However, until earlier this year it was not certain what its value was in regard to sexual health/quality of life status in hypogonadal men.

• Researchers enrolled 261 patients, all of whom were being treated with testosterone undecanoate.
  • Three recorded measurements, body weight, body mass index, and waist circumference were taken and were then correlated with results from the International Index of Erectile Function Score, the Aging Male Symptom Index, and the International Prostate Symptom Score to evaluate the sexually influenced, quality of life.

They discovered that among all three measurements, A study "waist circumference is the best predictor of health-related/quality of life factors for hypogonadal men." Of particular note, BMI, long regarded as a reliable predictor of sexual health, had no proportionality to measurements of sexual function for these hypogonadal men.

Andrologia, 2017.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27400881/

So what's a good target for men? I assume it would be based height. Couldn't really access most of the study.

CoastWatcher

So what's a good target for men? I assume it would be based height. Couldn't really access most of the study.
With paywalls, and so forth, the text is hard to access in full.

It it is not a prescriptive study, however. It was clear that the larger the circumference, the greater higher the risk of sexually-related symptoms.

user_joe

So basically BMI is close to worthless, as everyone knows. How well your clothes fit or a mirror would be better? I may have misinterpreted, but t sounds like a study to prove what every man involved in fitness has known for decades at least.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me