syringe confusion - dead space etc.

I have been injecting 0.25 ml Test. Cypionate, IM in the glutes, every other day. I currently use a 1cc, 25g 5/8" leur lok syringe/needle.

I was originally taking it 2x a week, so I drew with a 21g and switched to the 25g to inject. Now, I don't switch.

But, it seems like I'm wasting meds as there is always some left between the syringe and needle.

I tried to order syringes with permanent needles, but I got "slip lock" needles.

I'm not stupid, but the syringe jargon is pissing me off. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what kind of syringe I might be looking for.

Maybe when I have a chance I need to find a glossary of needle terminology and post it.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

https://www.healthwarehouse.com/easy...100ct-233.html

That is the exact one i use for TCyp, I use the same one but in 31g and a 5/16th needle for HCG.

I use Easy Touch insulin syringes 29 gauge half inch for both shallow IM testosterone and HCG injections.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

All good tips ^^^^ You can also look for the "U100" insulin syringes.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhaha View Post
    I have been injecting 0.25 ml Test. Cypionate, IM in the glutes, every other day. I currently use a 1cc, 25g 5/8" leur lok syringe/needle.

I was originally taking it 2x a week, so I drew with a 21g and switched to the 25g to inject. Now, I don't switch.

But, it seems like I'm wasting meds as there is always some left between the syringe and needle.

I tried to order syringes with permanent needles, but I got "slip lock" needles.

I'm not stupid, but the syringe jargon is pissing me off. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what kind of syringe I might be looking for.

Maybe when I have a chance I need to find a glossary of needle terminology and post it.

Thanks!
    Switch to fixed insulin syringes!

Name:  F722_4_2_new.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  67.9 KBName:  A310_2_4.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  63.1 KB

The 27ga needles I have waste 7iu of test per use. Says so on the label. I use those to backfill 30ga insulin needles, but I noticed The insulin needle was always reading a little less than what I thought I put in. Those 30ga needles ware about 1iu each. I measured it out once, and 210mg/wk was actually 196/wk as far as what got injected with this daily dosing and backfilling technique. Not really a big problem, but I got curious. Blood tests reflected this compared to previous protocols best I could tell.

codu2112, do you feel like you waste much TCyp with those? How does the needle retract?

Thanks everyone for the advice. I bought these because the had the same needle size and length. Seems to have a very low dead volume and the needle retracts after injection and the plunger snaps off making it easy to travel with and bring back home to dispose of.

http://www.healthwarehouse.com/easyt...5-8-100ct.html

I noticed this too with my last set of syringes - a lot of dead space. .05 ml. I compared it to an earlier syringe/needle and the earlier design (BD Integra) had almost zero deadspace. Both BD brand. I wish there was a list of low deadspace needles. I don't know how to tell if a syringe/needle is low deadspace or not ???

Thanks.

I found these too. Comes in different sizes also but it expressly indicates low/no dead space. Price is right. Others have recommended this brand. I might try this size or the 27 G, 1 cc, 1/2 " needle.

https://www.otcwholesale.com/easytouch-81501.html

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    I noticed this too with my last set of syringes - a lot of dead space. .05 ml. I compared it to an earlier syringe/needle and the earlier design (BD Integra) had almost zero deadspace. Both BD brand. I wish there was a list of low deadspace needles. I don't know how to tell if a syringe/needle is low deadspace or not ???

All insulin syringes with fixed needle are LDS and there are detachable LDS needles- plastic neck that fits within neck of standard syringe hub.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    All insulin syringes with fixed needle are LDS and there are detachable LDS needles- plastic neck that fits within neck of standard syringe hub.
    Thanks. I did not know that.

Thread Information