Food allergy testing

Any one have experience/suggestions on being tested for food allergies? A lot of tests out there. I am not sure what to go with.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Quote Originally Posted by LTChris View Post
    Any one have experience/suggestions on being tested for food allergies? A lot of tests out there. I am not sure what to go with.
    Well, what are you dealing with that suggests food allergy? I have lactose issues, now controlled.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Bloating, constipation, fatigue

I have already removed dairy and gluten.

Bloating, constipation, fatigue
    Bloating/constipation could be related to GI health, how is your diet regarding macros?

High fat low carb. About 45-50grams carbs. 155grams protein

High fat low carb. About 45-50grams carbs. 155grams protein
    Could be possible that your body has a hard time digesting LCFA (long chain fatty acids), could try replacing with pure MCT oil to see if you notice any difference. You still should go for testing regarding your GI health. As far as proteins if you are eating mostly whole food sources such as chicken/beef/fish/pork/seafood most would not experience any issues unless your digestive system is not functioning optimally (enzyme/hydrochloric acid issues).Usually milk proteins whey/egg whites and especially casein are the culprits when it comes to protein sources. Also if you are not having regular bowel movements than one could definitely get backed up and it would easily cause bloating/constipation/fatigue. Hope that you are getting enough fiber from your 45-50 grams carbs/day. One does not need a lot of fiber but a certain amount(mainly from vegetable/fruit sources not grains) is healthy for the digestive track.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Could be possible that your body has a hard time digesting LCFA (long chain fatty acids), could try replacing with pure MCT oil to see if you notice any difference.
    Interesting, I will look into that. Thanks for the advice

Interesting, I will look into that. Thanks for the advice
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4882694/ read sections on mcts!

As your discovering, as all of us who went down this road discovered, food sensitivity/food allergy testing requires patience. I wish you the best.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Thread Information