New Member, need advice with blood test results

Buy Lab Tests Online

RCSB

Hello, I just joined after reading for a while. I am 34 years old. I recently got blood work done after years of low energy, gaining minimal muscle mass even though i work out 4 times a week. I easily gain fat and lose muscle. The last year my fatigue has gotten worse and libido has taken a dive. Here are The hormone levels that were checked, I have other information as well if needed.

Igf1 243 ng/ml
Cortisol 7.81 ug/dl
FSH 5.0 miu/ml
Estradiol(enhanced) 25.4 pg/ml
Prolactin 10.4 ng/ml
Dhea-s 454 ug/dl
Two labs did total testosterone tests:
Testosterone Total 261 ng/dl Range: 241-827
Testosterone Total 405 ng/dl Range: 300-1080
Dht 382 pg/ml
Pregnenolone 13 ng/dl----LOW
SHBG 28 nmol/L
Free Testosterone 81.2 pg/ml
Free Testosterone% 2%
Vitamin d 23 ng/ml-----LOW
TSH 1.79 uIU/ml
T4 free 1.19 ng/dl

My LH and FSH levels appear normal but Testosterone is low. Also concerned about the very low Pregnenolone. I am still learning all about this and am grateful for any advice given. Thank you.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You definitely have low testosterone, I would also start supplementing with D3. Because of you age, you may be interested in looking into Clomid (clomiphene). Younger men like you have better success with Clomid, plus you remain fertile.

CoastWatcher

Please post reference ranges for all tests as it provides a needed context for the discussion. Your vitamin D levels are in need of attention - do you live in a cold weather climate that might explain limited sunlight exposure? What is your sleep like; is there a possibility you are dealing with apnea? Is there any history of head injury, or past use of steroids?

Did you pull these tests on on your own, or have you begun working with a doctor? If it's the latter, do you have faith in him/her?

RCSB

Igf1 243 ng/ml 132-333
Cortisol 7.81 ug/dl 3.44-22.45
FSH 5.0 miu/ml 1.4-18.1
Estradiol(enhanced) 25.4 pg/ml <39.7
Prolactin 10.4 ng/ml 2.1-17.7
Dhea-s 454 ug/dl 80-560
Two labs did total testosterone tests:
Testosterone Total 261 ng/dl Range: 241-827
Testosterone Total 405 ng/dl Range: 300-1080
Dht 382 pg/ml 106-719
Pregnenolone 13 ng/dl----LOW 22-237
SHBG 28 nmol/L 11-80
Free Testosterone 81.2 pg/ml 47-244
Free Testosterone% 2% 1.6-2.9%

Vitamin d 23 ng/ml-----LOW 30-100
TSH 1.79 uIU/ml 0.35-5.50
T4 free 1.19 ng/dl 0.8-1.8
Folic acid also high >24.00 ng/ml 2.9-18.7
b12 806

Here all all the ranges, sorry for the bold text, i can't undo it. I am in NY but work mostly indoors so that explains the low vitamin d, i began supplementing d3 5,000 two weeks ago. Me sleep is not great, rotating shift work takes its toll. sometimes i get 8 hours some only 5-6. I don't believe its sleep apnea. I don't snore or have difficulty breathing. No head injury, No steroids. I asked my Dr to do these tests specifically after regular bloodwork came back fine. He is a good Dr and works with me but his knowledge is limited with a lot of this. Also this test was taken at 7:30 pm. I read there can be as much as a 25% testosterone drop throughout the day. Not sure if that helps. Thank you.

I wsa pondering the change in your Total T was due to times of the day...for that test AM is the appropriate time as T falls off during the day and would in this context give a false reading.

RCSB

I don't understand the different total testosterone levels either, considering they were the same blood draw just different labs.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me