Your Access to More Economical hCG and FSH Ended in November 2021

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
@fifty

Answering your questions:

1- Is this actually going to happen or is this a “they’ll take our guns!” type thing?

NO

2- Will I still be able to get pregnyl from walmart for $110?

For 10,000 IU's (goodrx) and a brand product that has supply and shortage issues. 12,000 IU of compounded hCG (two vials of 6,000 IUs each) costs $86. We have had no supply issues from compounding. If pharma is the only source for hCG and FSH in the future, we will be at the merci for price increases. We cannot eliminate options!

3- Will I still be able to get hcg from alldaychemist for mad cheap?

Not ensured quality and long-distance shipping may expose the product to high temperatures. No bacteriostatic water. No free syringes. Potentially intercepted shipments from overseas companies in the future by the government.

READ ABOUT FSH also. That is where the biggest cost difference is

Last edited:

lt84

This new law applies to ALL compound pharmacies-- 503A and 503B-- correct? I found this older thread and wasn't sure if it applied to this or not. Pharmacies like Empower would still be affected, correct?

I submitted a comment to the FDA page, but my hopes are VERY low that we have any chance at saving this. I am positively gutted as we have no insurance coverage for this stuff and we were hoping to add FSH to our regimen in the coming weeks. I am now extremely worried that will not be able to happen and that at this point all the work we put into my hubby's infertility regimen will be a lost cause.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This new law applies to ALL compound pharmacies-- 503A and 503B-- correct? I found this older thread and wasn't sure if it applied to this or not. Pharmacies like Empower would still be affected, correct?

I submitted a comment to the FDA page, but my hopes are VERY low that we have any chance at saving this. I am positively gutted as we have no insurance coverage for this stuff and we were hoping to add FSH to our regimen in the coming weeks. I am now extremely worried that will not be able to happen and that at this point all the work we put into my hubby's infertility regimen will be a lost cause.

I am actually optimistic. I dealt with the FDA for 25 years on the drug side and they really listened to consumers.

lt84

I just called Empower to ask how these changes will affect us as patients if they go into effect. The rep said, and I quote, "we will still be compounding both HCG and FSH regardless of the classification and there are no plans to discontinue either." She was aware of the reclassification issue so it didn't seem like an answer she pulled out of her butt. I asked to speak with the pharmacist specifically to verify this information (because I feel like our lives are hanging in the balance) and one is supposed to call me back. I'm not sure if this means we will still have access in the current way or what, but that sounds like decent news. I'll update again when/if I hear back from an actual pharmacist there.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
People that answer phones at Empower are not in the loop about this yet. Yes, they have enough hCG to supply for a while, but no one knows how the FDA will enforce after the March deadline. Don't waste your time calling compounding pharmacies. No one has a crystal ball. Just help me forward this link. Thanks

lt84

People that answer phones at Empower are not in the loop about this yet. Yes, they have enough hCG to supply for a while, but no one knows how the FDA will enforce after the March deadline. Don't waste your time calling compounding pharmacies. No one has a crystal ball. Just help me forward this link. Thanks
Been doing my best sharing in groups on social. I'll keep doing just that. Trying to ease our own minds over here and failing. Thanks, Nelson... will keep sharing.

lt84

When the pharmacist at Empower called me back (couldn't help it; I'd already arranged a call back before I posted here) she pretty much said the same thing. She said she believes "upper management is trying to expedite the proper licensing for biologicals and that the FDA will arrange for it" and that they are "working with the FDA directly and do not anticipate any disruption for patients." She said to call back after March 1 for more detailed information.

Hopefully this combined with our comments will help! TY for your help and info, Nelson.

Defy Medical just sent this message:

FDA and hCG

Lol it made me laugh when I read “cheap compounded HCG”. It’s not cheap. I can get pregnyl from samsclub using goodrx for $104. Compounded was basically same price when you add shipping. Never had an issue getting HCG from Samsclub. I use to get it free from CVS Specialty pharmacy via insurance but now they want $125 with insurance! I love GoodRX.

That’s sad news, I’m really tired of the Government making things harder to get like this.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Less competition means higher prices in the future. Don't expect to pay the same for hCG in a few months, with GoodRx coupons or not. I wish everyone stopped telling themselves "this will not affect me" and actually do something about it by taking 10 minutes of their time.

Less competition means higher prices in the future. Don't expect to pay the same for hCG in a few months, with GoodRx coupons or not. I wish everyone stopped telling themselves "this will not affect me" and actually do something about it by taking 10 minutes of their time.

Yep, didn’t say this wouldn’t affect me and definitely plan on filling out the form. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have to stand up and fight else everything will be taken away!

I will sign a petition ! I’m so fed up with not being able to get help . None of the big pharmacies like are making it anyways. Because the pharmacist don’t see it in the store and they’re sending customers down the road rather than order it. It’s too much trouble. So none gets made.

When I was able to get hcg through a trt clinic via mail. I felt better and my blood work looked better than it has in ages. And way better than it does now. Everything was in normal range. And my test was at good levels.
without the hcg and stuff to manage low test. Testosterone is useless to me without hcg. my estrogen was high I have no LH levels at all and felt like crap. That causes even more problems. So I don’t understand the FDA?

I will agree we may need slightly more thorough blood work ! But safe production of a substance that’s helping should be allowed. Who’s dying from it here ?

its needed to manage testosterone for men suffering andropause for crying out loud. Nobody can afford 200 dollars a week for something that the body is supposed to produce on its own anyways.so why can’t you leave it alone FDA. Why make things harder on people FDA. You’re not helping anyone like this FDA?

I have a sorry doctor that’s able to cancel my prescription on or hcg Becaue I told him I can’t afford it. But yet he can’t take the time call send the to get my wife’s thryroid meds refilled ! A long time patient now she feels like crap . Or take the time To respond to an fda approved pharmacy to help me save money so I can get treatment with hcg. And now this news . ? What’s wrong with people?

Why should men have to waste away Becaue they don’t have money they want for hcg. Higher than my mortgage ? Really FDA? And insurance won’t cover it Becaue it’s a special drug ? What’s so special about it. It’s made by the body. Can be made from women’s piss wth ?

why FDA ?

it’s not because you love or care for anyone FDA. Is it about money? There’s nobody going to pay that much money. Nobody can afford the prices they are asking. That’s why merk don’t even make pregnyl ! They are not going to make it just to throw it away ? Nobody is buying it. It cost too much.
I don’t see any profit margin. Where is that at. ? This is the real world , nobody is going to buy it. Too expensive. That’s why none of the pharmacy in town don’t even have it. So all that this will accomplish is men not able to enjoy life to the fullest. Less well being. Even suffer!

what about the real killers FDA ? FDA So worried about flavors and this BS that is overly demonized. Like the boogie man. Hmm what about sugar and high fructose corn syrup ? Or would That would cause insulin sales to drop. Leave the HCG pharmacy alone.
Nobody else is making hcg because they over charge for it. And if they do nobody can afford anyways. Restricting compound pharmacy from supplying hcg is not going to help you FDA. Or help anyone else !

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching