WTH Is going on down there? Sex & hormones after baby

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

WTH? Ever utter those words after baby?

"Why did nobody tell me?" @drrachelrubin hears this a lot from postpartum & perimenopausal women trying to navigate the jungle of misinformation about hormones, pain with sex & pelvic health.

Dr. Rachel Rubin is a board-certified urologist & one of only a handful of physicians with fellowship training in sexual medicine for all genders.

She is a clinician, researcher, passionate educator & mom of 2 herself. I've been lucky to know Dr. Rubin since her residency days when we were both at Georgetown University Hospital & she's become a vocal advocate for quality pelvic healthcare that includes physical therapy.

In addition to being education chair for the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH), she serves as an associate editor for the journal, Sexual Medicine Reviews. Dr. Rubin completed her medical education at Tufts University, her urology training at Georgetown University, and her sexual medicine fellowship training with Dr. Irwin Goldstein in San Diego.

We hit all the spicy topics in this episode from painful sex to real talk about postpartum hormones!

We talk about:

-the truth behind postpartum hormones (it's not relaxin's fault!)
-using topical and oral hormones
-urinary health & hormones
-debunking Hormone Replacement Therapy & breast cancer myths
-shedding light on menopause
-prioritizing mom's health

Time Stamps

1:00 introduction
4:01 hormone health and changes
11:10 advocating for yourself
17:30 hormones and the urinary tract
21:30 HRT misconceptions
27:45 testing and perimenopause