TRT Restart Protocol after 5 years

Buy Lab Tests Online

junk2222yard

Hello,
I am considering going off TRT due to prostate cancer risks. (My father is currently dying from it, and it runs in my family. His own father died from it, too.) I am 48 years old, and began TRT at 43. Never abused steroids.

I have been happy on a standard, doctor supervised TRT protocol (small dose of Test E, HCG plus Adex) but my DHT has always been high, and my PSA is rising, too. Basically, I would prefer to have lowish testosterone over risking speeding up coming down with prostate cancer.

Is the restart protocol I found here suitable? (Nelson V's second post):

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/threads/dr-scallys-most-current-restart-protocol.7714/

It says:
HCG 1,000-2,000 IU (subcutaneous) every 3 days;
Clomiphene citrate 25-50 mg orally once a day; and
Tamoxifen 20 mg orally once a day.

A satisfactory testosterone level on day 15, typically 350 ng/mL or greater, is followed by the oral medications (no HCG) for an additional 15 days (25 mg per day clomiphene would be sufficient in most cases).

Also:
1. Am I likely to have a good restart since I did HCG all those years?
2. Is there any disadvantage to me going back on TRT in a few years, if my quality of life it too crap without it? (Maybe going on it again will not be as effective the 2nd time for some reason?)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

There are no prostate cancer risks, if you think about it prostate cancer is an old man's disease when testosterone is expected to be low and estrogen higher. Before you stop TRT read the studies below because there is a big shift in the medical community and TRT is showing to reverse of prostate cancer in some patients and never an increase in risk.

An improved understanding of the negative effects of testosterone deficiency on health and health-related quality of life—and the ability of testosterone therapy to mitigate these effects—has triggered a re-evaluation of the role testosterone plays in prostate cancer. An important paradigm shift has occurred within the field, in which testosterone therapy may now be regarded as a viable option for selected men with prostate cancer suffering from testosterone deficiency.

A testosterone deficiency and prostate cancer may be linked, prostate cancer doesn't happen often in young men where testosterone is higher. When was the last time you heard of an 18 year old with prostate cancer?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5000551/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4709428/
https://www.harvardprostateknowledge.org/testosterone-supplementation-after-prostate-cancer

Last edited:

junk2222yard

Thanks for the reply, and the links. :) But, I prefer to focus on the restart protocol, not debate the Prostate Cancer angle.

So again I ask:

Also:
1. Is the protocol I outlined a good one?
2. Am I likely to have a good restart since I did HCG all those years?
3. Is there any disadvantage to me going back on TRT in a few years, if my quality of life it too crap without it? (Maybe going on it again will not be as effective the 2nd time for some reason?)

I think this protocol is too agressive
hcg shuts you down so there is small need of it in pct assuming you used hcg through out your entire trt
using 2 serms is bad for vision
clomid dose of 50mg daily is quite high but is ok short term for restart purposes (you might feel real bad during this time on this dosage)
im six months off trt but I went off cold turkey
did blood draw few days ago waiting for results i will post it if I won't forget it (lh,fsh,e2 sensitive, testosterone free and total)
EXTREME Testicle Growth v3.0 | 432hz Binaural Subliminal (listening to this won't hurt :) )

Sean Mosher

A lot is going to depend on the quality of your current doc.
I would also echo what SystemLord said above about risks while on TRT.
You absolutely need a top notch doc to walk you through this.

junk2222yard

I think this protocol is too agressive
Can you point me to a less aggressive protocol?

And yes, I was on HGH the whole time, and my balls are close to original size. (80% I would say.)

A lot is going to depend on the quality of your current doc...
You absolutely need a top notch doc to walk you through this.
I live in Canada, and my doc is not cutting edge. But! He does listen to me, and that is why I am trying to get a good protocol here, to show him.

Weasel

Can you point me to a less aggressive protocol?

And yes, I was on HGH the whole time, and my balls are close to original size. (80% I would say.)

I live in Canada, and my doc is not cutting edge. But! He does listen to me, and that is why I am trying to get a good protocol here, to show him.

I'll assume you meant HCG, not HGH.

I would skip both the HCG part of the protocol and the Tamoxifen portion.

Overlap your current HCG protocol with the Clomid by about a week to get the clomid in your system. Then taper clomid. each week or every 2 weeks.

junk2222yard

Yeah, I meant HCG. (All these freaking acronyms... grrr...)

Currently, I do 250 iu of HCG every 2 days. So you are saying:

1. continue my HCG routine
2. add 50mg Clmoid for 1 week
3. after 1 week, taper less and less Clomid (by 1 or 2 weeks) til I get to zero

And that's it? And for how long, just a month total, like the program I outlined above?

I do like the sound of how easy this is, if I got it right.

im not doctor so can't really advise anything :) but Dr. Scally's protocol is aimed more for bodybuilders who are coming off anabolics if I recall correctly. It will work just fine but his doses are quite high therefore the possibility of side effects is also high.
I mean not everybody would be able to tolerate 50mg clomid daily + 20mg tamoxifen daily and 4000iu hcg weekly on top of that :) unless you are ready to man up and push through it

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me