Testosterone/Estradiol Ratio Correlated with Telomere Length

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

More evidence that hormone levels should be one of the standard blood tests for aging men. The abstract says:

"The present study aimed to examine associations of the testosterone/estradiol ratio, human leukocyte telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) expression and telomerase activity of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) with aging and the presence of coronary artery disease (CAD). Telomeres in leukocytes are shorter in individuals with CAD than in healthy individuals of the same age. Levels of sex hormones are related to aging, and the ratio of testosterone to estradiol has been linked to CAD in men. Here we compared younger men (22 ± 2 yr, n = 26), middle-aged men (31 ± 5 yr, n = 35), older men without CAD (60 ± 10 yr, n = 30) and older men with CAD (63 ± 8 yr, n = 30). Levels of hTERT mRNA of leukocyte and PBMC telomerase activity were significantly lower in older men than in younger or middle-aged men (p < 0.05). These two parameters, as well as testosterone/estradiol ratio, were significantly lower in older men with CAD than in all the other groups (p < 0.05). The sex hormone ratio correlated significantly with age, hTERT mRNA levels, PBMC telomerase activity and telomere length (p < 0.05). These results support the hypothesis that sex hormone balance is a biomarker of telomerase function, and that both of these parameters change as men age or develop CAD."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

Does the article mention the optimal T/E2 ratio?
It makes perfect sense to me that the ratio would be more important than the absolute E2 number.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me