T:E Ratio: How Do I Calculate It?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Is there really any evidence to suggest that high normal E levels are any less healthy as high normal T levels?
There's not even evidence that high normal testosterone levels are healthy; for effects on overall health they are likely less healthy than normal levels. For men not on TRT, high-normal testosterone is more likely reflecting above-average SHBG. In these cases free testosterone is probably not high. In contrast, men on TRT may generally have average or lower SHBG, in which cases high total testosterone reflects high free testosterone. The free hormone levels are usually going to be more important than the total levels in governing long-term consequences.

In sum, we lack evidence on the long-term safety of either highish testosterone or highish estradiol. We can certainly point to common side effects, such as elevated hematocrit and water retention. These may simply be the most visible warnings against running hormone levels higher than is natural for the individual.

I believe there are some data pointing to problems in males when estradiol is relatively high compared to testosterone. I think one of the issues is harm to testicular tissue. It seems likely that an imbalance in the other direction is also not going to be healthy.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This paper is from a mathematical model. You can see a U shape curve for total testosterone and mortality.

JRos895

There's not even evidence that high normal testosterone levels are healthy; for effects on overall health they are likely less healthy than normal levels. For men not on TRT, high-normal testosterone is more likely reflecting above-average SHBG. In these cases free testosterone is probably not high. In contrast, men on TRT may generally have average or lower SHBG, in which cases high total testosterone reflects high free testosterone. The free hormone levels are usually going to be more important than the total levels in governing long-term consequences.

In sum, we lack evidence on the long-term safety of either highish testosterone or highish estradiol. We can certainly point to common side effects, such as elevated hematocrit and water retention. These may simply be the most visible warnings against running hormone levels higher than is natural for the individual.

I believe there are some data pointing to problems in males when estradiol is relatively high compared to testosterone. I think one of the issues is harm to testicular tissue. It seems likely that an imbalance in the other direction is also not going to be healthy.
This and Nelson’s link elucidates the lunacy of frequently using AIs to counter excess high E at excess high levels of T.

Rather than reducing T and keeping both within healthy range and in balance with one another, the first gut reaction is too often to keep the T at a likely unhealthy high level, treat the E with an AI, and then leave T and E unbalanced with one another.

Why are men and doctors so quick to freak out when E reaches high range but applaud when T reaches high range?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
@JRos895

Why are men and doctors so quick to freak out when E reaches high range but applaud when T reaches high range?

I have been asking that question for 10 years! Very frustrating.

One doctor told me "Nelson, I prescribe anastrozole otherwise my patients will get upset as they assume all bad side effects are due to estradiol. If I don't, this will load my clinic with too many requests".

High T= Higher chances of high hematocrit, low ferritin, low HDL, high blood pressure, water retention, etc

These is a summary of lab results from Discounted Labs. The red is mostly high testosterone (over 1100 ng/dL) or what Quest considers high estradiol (29 pg/mL).

2021-11-05_10-28-30.jpg

Last edited:

Gman86

Another thing to consider is that by going on testosterone, and shutting down ur testicles, u also usually shut down most of ur progesterone production. Progesterone, to a certain degree, inhibits the conversion of test into E2 and DHT, which will keep test levels higher, from converting less into these two metabolites, and thus also improving a man’s T:E ratio. Also, since E2 is what stimulates the brain to produce prolactin, by inhibiting E2, progesterone indirectly also inhibits prolactin. So by just making sure progesterone levels are in a healthy range, while on TRT, a lot of the side effects that men report should theoretically be greatly mitigated, without the need for an ai or to lower the test dose too much and lose some of the positive benefits of TRT. Just food for thought

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me