T-Cyp dosage reduction - how much fatigue or other adverse effects?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mojo88

So my Hematocrit has been climbing (now 51%) and my Doc (a urologist) said I needed to lower my dosing of T-Cyp, which I've been doing for about 10 years at 100mg/wk once E7D IM. About 3 weeks ago I started doing 65mg for my weekly shot, so that's a 33% reduction. But I am now feeling somewhat downtrodden and lethargic for the past 10 days. I'm 70 years old, and try to work out every day, cardio and weights, but can really feel the difference in the gym.

I had a few questions:
1) Is it 'normal' to feel tired and lazy when reducing dosage?
2) Will my body ever adjust and start making its own T?
3) Is there any viable way to get back on 100mg/week and still lower my Hematocrit?

Thanks for any help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

A Hematocrit of 51% isn't alarming to say the least, seems your urologist is a bit nervous and not well trained in TRT. My Hematocrit is between 52-54%, life is good.

The normal ranges for hematocrit is 40-54%, some doctors believe <53% is best. The confusion stems from poor knowledge and not every lab company using the same reference ranges which can confuse doctors.

A perfect example, my providers reference ranges for hematocrit is 40-50%, but my doctor is fully aware of the TRT guidelines which state action is necessary when hematocrit is >54%.

Last edited:

Systemlord

About 3 weeks ago I started doing 65mg for my weekly shot, so that's a 33% reduction.
This dosage will likely cause you problems as it's not enough testosterone. I think you need a new doctor because your urologist doesn't appear up to the task of managing your TRT and has derailed your treatment base of a very normal, healthy hematocrit level.

You should feel somewhat unwell, most do after a dosage adjustment, at 4-6 weeks your hormone levels will stabilize, but sadly your testosterone will more than likely not be enough.

As for your body making its own testosterone again, you're on TRT because your body doesn't produce enough on its own, so your body will not make testosterone while on TRT and if you were to stop your T injections, you would return to baseline along with all of the symptoms and health risks.

TRT prevents your body from making its own testosterone, TRT is for life and not a temporary treatment where you come off down the road.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I had a few questions:
1) Is it 'normal' to feel tired and lazy when reducing dosage?
2) Will my body ever adjust and start making its own T?
3) Is there any viable way to get back on 100mg/week and still lower my Hematocrit?

Thanks for any help.
It is normal to feel bad after dose reductions, which typically improves over time. But in your case this is compounded due to the infrequent injections. On 100 mg per week you probably still had normal trough testosterone, though excessive peak testosterone, maybe 2.5-3 times higher. On the lower dose the peak may be closer to physiological, but the troughs could be getting into hypogonadal territory. Believe it or not, the 65 mg cypionate/week you're taking is giving you as much testosterone as the average healthy young man makes naturally. But you need to spread it out better to avoid the highs and lows. I recommend injecting every other day. This is usually adequate to even out serum testosterone.

You will not start making your own testosterone unless you stop taking endogenous testosterone. The testosterone you inject is very effective at shutting down your body's production.

Regarding going back to 100 mg: The science isn't totally clear, but it's possible that more frequent injections would allow the higher dose without pushing up hematocrit. But don't be in any hurry. Switch to frequent injections of the lower 65 mg/week dose and give it some months. If you're not satisfied then raise the dose in small increments, taking a couple months each time to let things adjust. The low-and-slow approach is the best way to apply TRT.

I'd be less casual about even mildly elevated hematocrit. It's still putting extra stress on your vasculature. It's simple enough to fiddle with your protocol to see if you can attain both good subjective results and better lab results.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
When I did twice a week injections. I injected a Monday morning and Thursday evening. About three and a half days apart for my injections. I would recommend that you do the same, 50 mg on Monday and 50 mg of Thursday. Hopefully that will lower your HCT.

Golfboy307

Following up on what Cat said, when I injected once per week my hematocrit was up around 50. I have now switched to 3x per week (same rough dosage) and it's down around 46. I definitely feel better injecting more frequently.

Mojo88

Thanks for all the info guys, I feel better already, haha!

Vince, I think I will try your method of twice a week. But maybe I will just do 40mg per shot, that way I'll be getting 80mg/week, which is still a reduction (to keep my doc happy). Plus I do want to make sure and keep the hematocrit number down.....

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me