Starting on Anastrozole/dim

Buy Lab Tests Online

shan1784

So per my last labcorp lab results Dr. Crisler has decided to start me on anastrozole/dim .5MG/200MG twice a week with my test pins. My E levels are listed below... I know that Arimidex is commonly used to control E levels.. How will what I'm going to use compare to this? What can I expect to see from this... Right now energy seems pretty good, only issues I mentioned to Dr. Crisler is water retention and lagging libido.. Libido is much better since I started on new protocol with Defy just feel it can be improved still...

Thanks for the responses in advanced...

Estradiol, Sensitive 56.2 High

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I think its quizzical that Dr Crisler would prescribe .5mg...that's a heavy dose and in the scheme of things, 56 doesn't warrant .5mg 2XW. That's just my opinion. I wouldn't question .25mg though.

shan1784

I think its quizzical that Dr Crisler would prescribe .5mg...that's a heavy dose and in the scheme of things, 56 doesn't warrant .5mg 2XW. That's just my opinion. I wouldn't question .25mg though.

Hmmm, ok.. I don't really want to question him on this as I like the direction he's gone thus far... Right now my protocol is HCG 100iu daily, Test Cyp 60mg x 2 week, Desicated Thyroid 1 grain 2 x day, and now adding anastrozole/dim .5mg 2 x week with test pins...

What can I expect with this higher dose?

Fireproof

Aromatization, side effects from high e2, etc, is very individualistic. As you guys know. And it depends on how high you are boosting your testosterone.

I still don't feel good when i'm at 75% of the testosterone "range" - I need to get to top of range or slightly above to eliminate symptoms of low-test. And, I happen to be e2 sensitive - meaning I get acne and bloating very easily.

Defy prescribed for me 0.3mg of Anastrozole - 3 times per week. That's 0.9mg per week. NOT far off his prescribed 1mg/week. It did NOT crash my e2. Subsequent labs show put me in the 18-20 range on e2 - where I feel great - without the sides of high e2. Libido is high. I feel awesome.

I tried dropping to twice/week (0.6mg/week) of Anastrozole - and started getting acne breakouts and bloating again. So I went back to 3x/week.

So I don't agree with statements like "you'll tank your Estradiol." It certainly didn't in my case.

My humble thoughts...just sharing another data point.

Sean Mosher

You definitely don't want to tank your estradiol, but I can't imagine Dr. Crissler being wrong on what he prescribed you.
It wouldn't hurt to double check, but I don't think he'd do you wrong.

luismota

So per my last labcorp lab results Dr. Crisler has decided to start me on anastrozole/dim .5MG/200MG twice a week with my test pins. My E levels are listed below... I know that Arimidex is commonly used to control E levels.. How will what I'm going to use compare to this? What can I expect to see from this... Right now energy seems pretty good, only issues I mentioned to Dr. Crisler is water retention and lagging libido.. Libido is much better since I started on new protocol with Defy just feel it can be improved still...

Thanks for the responses in advanced...

Estradiol, Sensitive 56.2 High

Defy seems very progressive on male issues, I'd do their script and see what happens. If you have a high BF% then I can see why he is putting you on such a script. If you have water retention and libido issues then yes getting your e2 down is a must.

shan1784

Defy seems very progressive on male issues, I'd do their script and see what happens. If you have a high BF% then I can see why he is putting you on such a script. If you have water retention and libido issues then yes getting your e2 down is a must.

He may think I have higher bodyfat... When I started with defy I was 235lbs or so but had just started doing keto and I've been able to drop to around 200lbs while maintaining lean mass. If I had to guess my bodyfat is sitting around 12-14%.. Very active in the gym with weights... Libido needs improvement for sure and the water retention is bad at times with swelling hands where have a hard time getting my ring off where other times it just slides off without effort. At any rate I will stick with whatever Dr. Crisler starts me on and go from there.. I will be getting retested in 6 weeks and will pay close attention how I'm feeling and looking for sides...

By the way, what are some negative sides I should look for?????

Steve Williams

Getting your E2 down too low can give you issues that are just as bad, if not worse than high E2. Definitely check in with Defy and let them know your current weight. See if he changes the dosing.

luismota

He may think I have higher bodyfat... When I started with defy I was 235lbs or so but had just started doing keto and I've been able to drop to around 200lbs while maintaining lean mass. If I had to guess my bodyfat is sitting around 12-14%.. Very active in the gym with weights... Libido needs improvement for sure and the water retention is bad at times with swelling hands where have a hard time getting my ring off where other times it just slides off without effort. At any rate I will stick with whatever Dr. Crisler starts me on and go from there.. I will be getting retested in 6 weeks and will pay close attention how I'm feeling and looking for sides...

By the way, what are some negative sides I should look for?????

I've crashed my E2 before and my worst sides were lower energy, and some dry clicking joints, I recovered pretty quickly from that though, but really depends on the person.

Aromatization, side effects from high e2, etc, is very individualistic. As you guys know. And it depends on how high you are boosting your testosterone.

I still don't feel good when i'm at 75% of the testosterone "range" - I need to get to top of range or slightly above to eliminate symptoms of low-test. And, I happen to be e2 sensitive - meaning I get acne and bloating very easily.

Defy prescribed for me 0.3mg of Anastrozole - 3 times per week. That's 0.9mg per week. NOT far off his prescribed 1mg/week. It did NOT crash my e2. Subsequent labs show put me in the 18-20 range on e2 - where I feel great - without the sides of high e2. Libido is high. I feel awesome.

I tried dropping to twice/week (0.6mg/week) of Anastrozole - and started getting acne breakouts and bloating again. So I went back to 3x/week.

So I don't agree with statements like "you'll tank your Estradiol." It certainly didn't in my case.

My humble thoughts...just sharing another data point.

I think most of us here at EM would call you an anomaly in that way...E2 in that range, taking that much Anastrozole...it doesn't fit what we see here. Also a ciruriosity to me how our Drs can be all over the place in what they prescribe in this regard. For instance I take .15mg 2XW but when suggested that I might need a 3d dose...I was rebuffed and my Sens E2 was at 39. We need to get the reminders of being an individual not cookie cutter...

Fireproof

I think most of us here at EM would call you an anomaly in that way...E2 in that range, taking that much Anastrozole...it doesn't fit what we see here. Also a ciruriosity to me how our Drs can be all over the place in what they prescribe in this regard. For instance I take .15mg 2XW but when suggested that I might need a 3d dose...I was rebuffed and my Sens E2 was at 39. We need to get the reminders of being an individual not cookie cutter...

Yeah. I think it goes along the lines of "treating the patient, not the lab results." Or "not chasing numbers."

I've been told that sensitive e2 range from 15-35 is acceptable and generally where we want to be. I've seen some on here just over that and feeling good. I can tell you that I don't like being in the 30s. I prefer the lower end.

It could be that if I dialed down my test-cyp dosage and/or went to daily injections, i could reduce, or maybe even eliminate my AI. However, I'm feeling better than I've felt in 15 years - so why change anything right now?

Again - I'm just a single point, and sure may be an anomaly. But I feel great.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Fellows - .5 mg is a low dose and it will not tank his E2.

The OP is aroamatasing and has symptoms so .5 mg is a conservative and safe dose.

Best is to take the AI 24-hours after the injection.

Test Cyp peaks in serum at about 72 hours from injection and an AI has about a 50 hour half life so you want both to peak at about the same time for optimal results.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
.5mg/1mg a week is not a low or conservative dose. It's not, and has not been advocated anywhere on the board. Until today.

It is a low dose and I think Dr. John Crisler knows EXACTLY what he's doing...he's one of the best at this game.

The OP could always ask him to reduce it to .25 mg and I know he'd do it but again .5 mg with elevated symptomatic estrogen is conservative... 2 mg a week wouldn't be.

I've learned to trust the experts at this game a long long time ago.

hfbjr

I recently lowered my testosterone dosage from .5 ml x2 a week to . 4. When I was at .4, my estrogen was a 23, and my test the day of injections was 752. At .5, my total test was 1152 day of injections and my estrogen was 36. Not much you might say, but I was experiencing all sorts of chest issues. I was also taking way too much arimidex without any relief.
Some people such as myself are very sensitive

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching