Results from my ultrasound of right Achilles tendon.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
If anyone has dealt with this or has information on healing, it. I would appreciate it.

IMPRESSION: Findings suggestive of chronic tendinosis with subtle partial
tearing involving the deep tendon fibers of the mid Achilles tendon, as
above.

Narrative​

ULTRASOUND RIGHT ACHILLES TENDON DATED 11/18/2022.

HISTORY: Pain with movement and while sitting for 3 months.

COMPARISON: None.

FINDINGS: The Achilles tendon is thickened with heterogeneity and slightly
decreased echogenicity of its deep fibers within the mid Achilles tendon.
Findings suggestive of tendinosis. Partial tearing of the posterior fibers
is also present. The insertion appears unremarkable, however, enthesophytes
are present arising from the calcaneus at the Achilles tendon insertion.

No high-grade or complete tear.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator

sammmy

I don't have experience with this but I would try topical NSAID and topical MSM cream. These can penetrate locally at much higher concentrations than orals.

I've had painful shoulder which stopped aching when I was taking about 1g/day Beta-Ecdysterone extract. It promotes collagen synthesis through the beta-estrogen receptor. That might help.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't have experience with this but I would try topical NSAID and topical MSM cream. These can penetrate locally at much higher concentrations than orals.

I've had painful shoulder which stopped aching when I was taking about 1g/day Beta-Ecdysterone extract. It promotes collagen synthesis through the beta-estrogen receptor. That might help.
I have tried topical NSAID, has only helped slightly. I ordered some topical MSM cream. I'll see what results I get.
Thanks for the information.

BigTex

Vince here is a good page with a non-surgical rehab protocol for a achilles injury

BPC 150 will also greatly speed up the recovery time.

5.4mcg/kg/(2.4mcg/lb), every day for 2-4 weeks depending on the severity of the injury

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince here is a good page with a non-surgical rehab protocol for a achilles injury

BPC 150 will also greatly speed up the recovery time.

5.4mcg/kg/(2.4mcg/lb), every day for 2-4 weeks depending on the severity of the injury
Thanks BigTex, I'm big on therapy. I've been working hard at it now for a few months. So far no positive results.

sammmy

I have tried topical NSAID, has only helped slightly. I ordered some topical MSM cream. I'll see what results I get.
Thanks for the information.
The over the counter topical NSAID in US are underdosed. If you can, get a prescription strength, the higher the %, the better. European topical NSAIDS go to higher % and probably do a better job.

Very little of the topical NSAID on such a limited area will get systemic so the usual arguments against them damaging intestines and kidneys do not apply.

MSM creams are not regulated so more probable to have sufficient dose for pain relief.

BigTex

Thanks BigTex, I'm big on therapy. I've been working hard at it now for a few months. So far no positive results.
You might need to have an orthapedic surgeon take a look at this again. Might be partial tear was enough to require surgery. I knwo achelles injuries take a while to heal but you should have been getting some relief by now.

Vince

Super Moderator
You might need to have an orthapedic surgeon take a look at this again. Might be partial tear was enough to require surgery. I knwo achelles injuries take a while to heal but you should have been getting some relief by now.
Of course surgery is the last resort. I don't know how well the Achilles tendon heals with surgery. I am told when you have a tear you usually have pain in the heel. Thankfully my heel is pain free.

BigTex

I have never had that issue and it is not one that is very common is sport. I did lift with a guy who tore his and spent quite a while in reahab afterwards. Good luck with this VInce.

Fortunate

Get into a good physical therapist. Ideally, you want one who has experience with ASTYM and/or manual therapy. Do daily, gentle, stretching, and work on eccentric exercises. You might consider a brief period in a walking boot. Less obnoxious than that would be to put a heel lift in your shoe for a few weeks to offload tension on the tendon.

You can also consider finding someone who does PRP. Controversial, but has potential.

Vince

Super Moderator
Get into a good physical therapist. Ideally, you want one who has experience with ASTYM and/or manual therapy. Do daily, gentle, stretching, and work on eccentric exercises. You might consider a brief period in a walking boot. Less obnoxious than that would be to put a heel lift in your shoe for a few weeks to offload tension on the tendon.

You can also consider finding someone who does PRP. Controversial, but has potential.
Presently I'm using MSM cream, doing therapy daily and acupuncture once a week.

FLguy123

I had similar, I play a lot of volleyball and had this on and off for 10+ years, but this year got so bad I was also contemplating surgery. Followed much of what I found in this video, focusing on the slow negative calf raises 4x a day and within a month huge improvement and now playing volleyball again basically pain free.

Vince

Super Moderator
I had similar, I play a lot of volleyball and had this on and off for 10+ years, but this year got so bad I was also contemplating surgery. Followed much of what I found in this video, focusing on the slow negative calf raises 4x a day and within a month huge improvement and now playing volleyball again basically pain free.

Flguy, thanks for the information. I'll add some reverse calf raises into my therapy and other warming up therapy the YouTube video mentioned.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been dealing with my tendonitis for a long time now. Friday I received a leg message which uses compressed air. It's sort of like big boot that wraps around your calf, ankle and foot. So far it's been working pretty good. My pain is not gone but it has subsided some. I've been using it about 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes at night just as I get it in bed and out of bed. I sure hope it works.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been dealing with Achilles tendon tendonitis since August of 2022. Nothing seems to work, therapy, acupuncture, I even went to a chiropractic. About 2 weeks ago I started using creatine again. Could creatine be healing my tendon? I don't know, but this is the best my Achilles tendon felt in 10 plus months.

sammmy

Creatine could be acting as anti-inflammatory.

I had a shoulder injury (probably rotator cuff). Things that reduced the inflammatory pain were ground Black cumin (Nigella Sativa) OR Ecdysterone OR Clomiphene.

Forty2

I've been dealing with Achilles tendon tendonitis since August of 2022. Nothing seems to work, therapy, acupuncture, I even went to a chiropractic. About 2 weeks ago I started using creatine again. Could creatine be healing my tendon? I don't know, but this is the best my Achilles tendon felt in 10 plus months.
Do you take an AI or have you taken one in the past?
Have you taken any antibiotics during the past 12 months?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me