Raising ferritin FAST (a how-to, not a question)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Can't help but take the bait, but how does hematocrit affect your ability to recover from exercise? What is the mechanism or physiology behind that? When did an increase in hematocrit cause fatigue? Why do we have our olympic athletes train at high altitude to cause a secondary erythrocytosis if it's going to cause them shortness of breath with exertion or fatigue? This is just another example of someone with underlying medical problems, and then wanting to apply those issues to men on testosterone.
Point is is that you obviously have an underlying medical condition that causes these issues but it doesn't apply to 99.99% of men on testosterone.
I’m still so confused by this. It’s very confusing to me that some men report feeling fatigued very easily when their HCT levels get into the low 50’s, and then we have professional cyclists using EPO to have more endurance/ stamina, and their HCT levels, on EPO, are closer to being 60+, I would assume. If high HCT levels can cause fatigue and decreased endurance, it’s very confusing why athletes would use it in hopes of receiving the exact opposite benefits

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I’m still so confused by this. It’s very confusing to me that some men report feeling fatigued very easily when their HCT levels get into the low 50’s, and then we have professional cyclists using EPO to have more endurance/ stamina, and their HCT levels, on EPO, are closer to being 60+, I would assume.
HCT is one of the variables that drives blood viscosity but not the only one. Another big factor is inflammation. Consequently, older, sicker, more inflamed people would have higher blood viscosity at lower HCT values than a healthy athlete with the same HCT. Readalot explored this in exhaustive detail (so exhaustive that some may have said TLDR) in his threads about it.

Gman86

HCT is one of the variables that drives blood viscosity but not the only one. Another big factor is inflammation. Consequently, older, sicker, more inflamed people would have higher blood viscosity at lower HCT values than a healthy athlete with the same HCT. Readalot explored this in exhaustive detail (so exhaustive that some may have said TLDR) in his threads about it.
I wonder if chronically elevated HCT levels can decrease endurance, but acutely elevated levels can increase endurance. Like maybe cyclicts do EPO, raise HCT levels like crazy, do their race, and then get a phlebotomy done

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I wonder if chronically elevated HCT levels can decrease endurance, but acutely elevated levels can increase endurance. Like maybe cyclicts do EPO, raise HCT levels like crazy, do their race, and then get a phlebotomy done
Check out this post from readalot where he shows how viscosity scales with hematocrit, and how it is also affected by inflammation, so that different people have different blood viscosity at the same HCT level:

RobRoy

NOT IN MEN ON TESTOSTERONE. Baseline observations do not equate to men on testosterone.

RobRoy

I’m still so confused by this. It’s very confusing to me that some men report feeling fatigued very easily when their HCT levels get into the low 50’s, and then we have professional cyclists using EPO to have more endurance/ stamina, and their HCT levels, on EPO, are closer to being 60+, I would assume. If high HCT levels can cause fatigue and decreased endurance, it’s very confusing why athletes would use it in hopes of receiving the exact opposite benefits
Because they have been trained to think that way. But it doesn't work that way. These men that complain of such have comorbid conditions. This is the problem with forums is that you don't know the complete medical history of individuals that post. Athletes increase their hematocrit because it increases endurance not fatigue. There's a reason that our Olympic training facility is at high altitude in Colorado Springs. What you're confused by is misinformation by men in forums that you know nothing about other than what they choose to tell you.

RobRoy

Check out this post from readalot where he shows how viscosity scales with hematocrit, and how it is also affected by inflammation, so that different people have different blood viscosity at the same HCT level:

Baseline observations do not apply to men on testosterone. When we give testosterone to men that are highly inflamed and obese and raise their hematocrit it improves their health and it's never been shown to cause harm. The US Navy has a normal hematocrit up to 61 in their labs

NormalDude998

Would this protocol work for someone who is not on TRT? (I don't think I saw anything in your article, but I'm also very sleep deprived so I may have missed it)

I'm a 26 y/o male with severe sleep issues (had 2 sleep studies, not sleep apnea or narcolepsy), but relatively low ferritin. My sleep medicine doctor believes getting my ferritin up to around 60-75 could potentially help my issues.

My latest bloodwork (~1 month ago).

HCT: 47.5
HGB: 16.3
RBC: 5.65

IRON: 183
%Sat: 41
TIBC: 441
Ferritin: 34
(Also negative for C282Y and H63D gene mutations)

Due to me not being on TRT, would this protocol just have zero effect on me? Or just much less effective?

brookseth

So I did this protocol for 10 days and my ferritin was still at 15. Any reasons this could be?
I was not taking any vit C or D

@FDV70

Last edited by a moderator:

Systemlord

I was not taking any vit C or D
You can't absorb iron without both of these vitamins. Vitamin D not only regulates iron metabolism, it regulates hepcidin and vitamin D is a nitric oxide regulator.

I can't absorb my iron supplements very well without vitamin C (orange juice) taken at the same time as my iron.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching