Nodule/Lump from Sub Q Testosterone shot in abdomen.

Buy Lab Tests Online

MonsterFish

Just tried sub q test for the first time a couple of days ago and unfortunately a small lump/nodule has formed. The skin is also red around the area. It's not overly sore but is tender to the touch.
I read that nodules can occur from time to time so hopefully its nothing more than that ie. infection.

My question is how long do these tend to last and what is best practice for getting rid of them? Should i rub at the area to try and break it up or will this just inflame it more?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Would you consider injecting using the a shallow IM, that's my preferred method. I tried SupQ and never liked it.

goga

Would you consider injecting using the a shallow IM, that's my preferred method. I tried SupQ and never liked it.
but it is more difficult to manage low doses with shallow. One needs to watch injecting low doses. Easier with abdominal SubQ

MonsterFish

Yes I'm looking at moving back to IM, either in the quad or glute. Just curious how long I'm likely to have the lump on my abdomen for.

madman

Super Moderator
Just tried sub q test for the first time a couple of days ago and unfortunately a small lump/nodule has formed. The skin is also red around the area. It's not overly sore but is tender to the touch.
I read that nodules can occur from time to time so hopefully its nothing more than that ie. infection.

My question is how long do these tend to last and what is best practice for getting rid of them? Should i rub at the area to try and break it up or will this just inflame it more?

It is more common in some than others. I have been on trt for 9 months injecting sub-q 75mg (.375 ml every 3.5 days) 28 gauge 1/2 inch BD-100 insulin syringe and have never experienced lump/nodule. What is your injection volume and what type of syringe are you using. Injecting slowly can help minimize internal pressure on surrounding tissue as injecting with a larger gauge needle (smaller diameter) can cause a lot of irritation to the tissue when injecting fast. Also make sure you clean the neoprene stopper with alcohol wipes every time before drawing the testosterone from vial and of course your skin where you are going to inject to help keep the area clean and free of bacteria which could increase chance of infection. Also look into the preservatives used in your testosterone as you may be experiencing an allergic reaction. Most important aspects are keeping injection volumes low and injecting slowly which should help minimize any lumps post injection. They will resolve over time but can be uncomfortable/painful/worrisome for many.

MonsterFish

It is more common in some than others. I have been on trt for 9 months injecting sub-q 75mg (.375 ml every 3.5 days) 28 gauge 1/2 inch BD-100 insulin syringe and have never experienced lump/nodule. What is your injection volume and what type of syringe are you using. Injecting slowly can help minimize internal pressure on surrounding tissue as injecting with a larger gauge needle (smaller diameter) can cause a lot of irritation to the tissue when injecting fast. Also make sure you clean the neoprene stopper with alcohol wipes every time before drawing the testosterone from vial and of course your skin where you are going to inject to help keep the area clean and free of bacteria which could increase chance of infection. Also look into the preservatives used in your testosterone as you may be experiencing an allergic reaction. Most important aspects are keeping injection volumes low and injecting slowly which should help minimize any lumps post injection. They will resolve over time but can be uncomfortable/painful/worrisome for many.

Perhaps my volume is too large for sub q. I am currently on a once a week protocol of 125mg sustanon. So I was injecting about .5ml. I used a 30g 1/2" needle.

madman

Super Moderator
Perhaps my volume is too large for sub q. I am currently on a once a week protocol of 125mg sustanon. So I was injecting about .5ml. I used a 30g 1/2" needle.

.5 ml is not too large but I would definitely not recommend more than that. What area on your abdominal fat are you injecting?

MonsterFish

A couple of inches to the left of my belly button. I pinched a skin fold and injected at 45 degrees. I see since that some recommend not pinching and going straight in.

ratbag

I had the same problem and did that for years but when I heard about the shallow IM method here I tried it and found that method was just as easy as SubQ, and the shallow IM solved the problem. No more bumps and I used to get some bruising around the bump sometimes so when I went swimming people would ask me what that was? So bottom line is, if you suffer from SubQ bumps or bruising, shallow IM solves those problems.

user_joe

Member have heard a good reason, but some people get a lump and some don't. I do, and it can be pretty tender. Shallow IM in the delt is so easy I just do that.

Vince

Super Moderator
but it is more difficult to manage low doses with shallow. One needs to watch injecting low doses. Easier with abdominal SubQ
I've never had a problem with injecting shallow IM, small daily or larger twice weekly amounts.

RLW

I started almost 4 months ago doing sub Q injections MWF and I did them for about 6 weeks.Tried multiple locations. Every single time I had the same thing happen. I switched to IM and have not had an issue since. Could just be that for some people sub Q just is not the best option.

Vince

Super Moderator
I thought I would add this from another post. :)

Like CW said, switching to subq won't lower your estradiol levels. Find a comfortable way to inject and just continue that method. I really like shallow IM with an Easy Touch 29g 1/2" syringe injecting in my ventorgluteal. When I starting injecting in my ventorgluteal it did that some time getting comfortable injecting there.

Best Injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...ids-all-nerves

HealthMan

I stopped testosterone subq because of painful lumps. Some would take a little over 2 weeks to completely resolve. I was injecting 0.35ml in the belly fat 2x week always rotating sites. I tried to massage etc and nothing worked. Since then i have switched to shallow IM using a 27G 0.5 inch insulin needle. Also i feel much better with IM injections. I think absorption for me is much better IM however i have no lab results to back it up because i gave up on subq before doing labwork.

nurselyfe

Just started doing sub-q and like it much better than IM. No issues with it except for an occassional burning sensation for about 5 minutes after an injection.

Saul

How fast do you inject? I inject very slow (.35 ml) and don't have any issues, but it could be specific to the person. Everyone is different.

MonsterFish

How fast do you inject? I inject very slow (.35 ml) and don't have any issues, but it could be specific to the person. Everyone is different.

I was using a 30g needle so it was injected fairly slowly. Maybe I'm just one Of the unlucky ones who is going to have a reaction when using this method. I'll go back to IM for now and may experiment with sub q again in the future.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me