Night Sweats and Body Heat on Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cadmus1

Ok gang, need some input,

Taking 35 mg E3D sub-q of T-cyp which has kept me in the 800's

Symptoms that are occurring:
-Sweating & Night sweats, get to "feeling" hot very easily (never has happened to me before)
-loss of libido & interest in sex
-partial erections (still have them very strong in the morning)
-Tired
-Not interested in very much. Don't feel depressed or like nothing matters, just ho hum.
Anybody else have these and what did you do about them?

I've been on TRT since January 2015, finally got dialed in to a point that my Doctor & me were happy with. The problem is, in all that time of trial & error, I have never had these symptoms. I was finally put on every 6 month blood monitoring, which is due in September. I feel as though I need to have something checked out, blood wise, do you all have any suggestions other than these typical labs:

CMP
CBC
Lipids
Free / Total test
SHBG
E2 (sensitive)
PSA
Progesterone
Prolactin
Thyroid panel (Ft3, Ft4,Rt3, TSH)

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Vince is correct on the estrogen but the rest of your labs that you listed should tell you what's going on.

You should try to get them now...why wait and feel like shit till September?

T4 Life

Symptoms that are occurring:
-Sweating & Night sweats

In the meantime I would up my dose to 40 mgs E3D and see if symptoms improve over time. When my T is low and my E2 is low I get the same symptoms especially in the middle of the night.

Knowing the night sweats and just feeling to warm in bed in the middle of the night, I wouldn't wait til Sept to get a sensitive E2 test and I wouldnt change the Cyp dosing at this time, just to keep the playing field level.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
In my opinion, high DHT can cause what it's called pyrogenicity. Guys who use anabolic steroids like trenbolone experience horrible heat "from the inside " of their bodies and heat intolerance. This anabolic does not aromatise into estradiol but increases DHT a lot.

I looked into this phenomenon thinking it was probably related to increase thyroid hormone uptake (which has been documented to happen with androgens). But then I found this animal study that showed that pyrogenicity actually originates from immune cells exposed to steroid hormones.

J Clin Invest. 1970 Dec;49(12):2418-26.
Studies on steroid fever. II. Pyrogenic and anti-pyrogenic activity in vitro of some endogenous steroids of man.

Dillard GM, Bodel P.
Abstract

The pyrogenic properties of some C-19 and C-21 steroids were examined by in vitro incubation of human blood leukocytes with serum-buffer solutions of the steroids and injection of the 18-hr supernatants into rabbits. In previous studies this method demonstrated release of leukocyte endogenous pyrogen by etiocholanolone. With two exceptions, steroids known to cause fever in man, such as 11beta-OH etiocholanolone and 3alpha-hydroxy-5beta-pregnane-20-one were also pyrogenic in vitro. All steroids tested which are nonpyrogenic in man, such as androsterone, 3beta-OH etiocholanolone, and 3alpha, 17alpha-dihydroxy-5beta-pregnan-20-one were also nonpyrogenic in vitro. Solubility in aqueous solution did not correlate with pyrogenic capacity. Inhibition of pyrogen release from human leukocytes in vitro by hydrocortisone and estradiol was demonstrated. Hydrocortisone-treated leukocytes released less pyrogen than did normal leukocytes when stimulated either by etiocholanolone or by phagocytosis of heat-killed staphylococci. On the other hand, estradiol-treated blood leukocytes and mononuclear cells showed significant suppression of pyrogen release when phagocytosis, but not etiocholanolone, was used as the stimulus. When blood cells were incubated with progesterone, greater than normal amounts of pyrogen were released following phagocytosis, and the inhibiting effect of estradiol could be partially reversed. Neither estradiol nor hydrocortisone appeared to act on rabbit leukocytes. These studies indicate that a variety of naturally-occurring steroids may alter pyrogen release from leukocytes. Alterations in steroid balance in man may influence normal temperature regulation and contribute to clinical fevers.

Chivato

if you have not been checked for Metabolic Syndrome/Type 2 Diabetes I would have my fasting blood glucose checked as well as my A1C. Both high or low blood glucose during your sleeping hours will give you night sweats and it doesn't have to be off by much.

Cadmus1

Went this morning to give blood for labs, fasted state. ETA of 5 days. Lab panel review appointment next Wednesday at 8:30am, will update you guys afterwards. Thanks for the help.

WT

James

My wife recently mentioned how wet my pillow is. Since changing my protocol, I've gone from terrible insomnia to sleeping pretty good, but noticed my spot on the bed is much warmer than my wife's, my pillow is wet and I'm always sweating around the neck area. It doesn't bother me as it's better than the insomnia. My sleep quality is much improved.

ERO

Congratulations on getting past insomnia! I had that a few years ago and would not wish it upon my worse enemy. Good sleep is not really appreciated until you don't have it anymore - getting it back is a lifesaver.

Helboi

My wife recently mentioned how wet my pillow is. Since changing my protocol, I've gone from terrible insomnia to sleeping pretty good, but noticed my spot on the bed is much warmer than my wife's, my pillow is wet and I'm always sweating around the neck area. It doesn't bother me as it's better than the insomnia. My sleep quality is much improved.

I have this exact problem. When I first started TRT, it was full blown hot flashes/body sweats. But often now it's just that I feel hot, but I'm not sweating terribly bad. Then at night my neck in particular leaves my pillow wet but the rest of the bed is fairly normal. Weird. We're trying to bring my E2 down a bit, but I may have to resort to an AI eventually...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me