Needing help/advice before I move to sustanon injections, should I be checking for anything else?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TestosteroneUK

Apologies in advance, this post is going to be a little long.. I've been suffering with severe ED/Loss of Libido, anxiety, severe sweating, fatigue.. all symptoms of Low T for 5 years, I'm now 24.. I'm a healthy weight, good diet, don't drink excessively - I'm also not on other medications, other than fexofenadine for hayfever, I've stopped this over winter months and it's not improved anything.

I initially went to the DR after finally admitting I had a problem to check my thyroid etc, at this point testosterone was never a thought of mine but he wanted to check everything.

My first serum t result was 12.9nmol/L which sent me for a full test.

There are my bloods from 3 months ago, fasted and taken first thing in the morning.

Serum T - 14.7nmol/L (423ng/dl).
(Reference 7.6 - 31.4).

SE calculated free testosterone. - 0.3nmol/L
(Reference 0.17 - 0.67nmol/L

Serum FSH - 3.1iu/L
Serum LH - 3.4iu/
Serum Albumin - 51g/l
SHBG - 27nmol/L
Oestrogen- 50pmol/L - (Reference - 28 - 166).
My thyroid was also checked and was told to be normal.

So I'm in the reference ranges... Although I saw a different DR who prescribed me Clomid saying I am low for my age, comparative levels to a man in his 60s to see how I got on.

Since then, I've been on Clomid for 2 & a half months, with anastrozole added in towards the end which made me feel terrible.

Bloods after 2.5 months on 25mg daily Clomid & 3 weeks on .5mg anastrozole taken twice a week.

Serum T - 28.9nmol/L
Reference 7.6 - 31.4

Oestradiol 170pmol
Reference 99.4 - 192.

Haemoglobin - 171g/l
Reference - 135 - 180.

I've now been off Clomid & anastrozole for a month, it massively improved my mood, fatigue & anxiety and gave me increased confidence.. But did nothing for my loss of Libido & ED. Although, 2 weeks after I stopped treatment - for one week I had morning erections, increased Libido & was able to maintain 80% erection. This only lasted for about 5 days. I also had a similar experience about 3 weeks in on Clomid, before again it went away.

My DR is now recommending I move to sustanon injections, and I'm a little worried as obviously this is a lifelong commitment & fertility worries etc, is there anything else I should be checking for before I begin? I'm planning on leaving it another month before repeat bloods before beginning sustanon so I've given 2 months for my levels to normalise.

Are there many others on sustanon with levels I previously had, or should I be looking at other causes of my ED/Libido/Fatigue etc.

Thankyou.
I would really appreciate any help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TestosteroneUK

Link is showing as invalid, I have researched for months though.. I'm just hoping someone can answer my specific questions or would be nice to here success stories from people with similar levels to myself, just as reassurance I'm doing the right thing.

TestosteroneUK

I don't know why it's not working, go to Forum Home and click on Important - Our Form's Most Popular Topics.

I've got it, thanks. I'd previously seen that, especially the peaktestosterone link which puts me in the category of somebody in their 80s.. But I'm still in the reference range.

Does anyone think there's anything else I should explore or have tested before moving to sustanon, or anyone have anything to add... please.

CoastWatcher

You've posted a lot of information - did I miss the psa? A psa is an essential baseline before exogenous testosterone is started. What thyroid tests were run? Hopefully more than simply the TSH.

TestosteroneUK

You've posted a lot of information - did I miss the psa? A psa is an essential baseline before exogenous testosterone is started. What thyroid tests were run? Hopefully more than simply the TSH.

Unfortunately I don't know, I'd not heard of PSA.. And the thyroid test all that came back was 'normal' it didn't give any figures, that was completely ruled out by my DR..

I've been off Clomid for a month so far, leaving it another month before I get my bloods redone... Here's the list I'm going in to ask for, probably overkill but I want to be 100% sure before TRT as I don't really want to jump on it like most people. Edit: I have PSA on my list actually just noticing, it isn't a test I'd ever seen before, how's it differ from just a thyroid blood test?

Bloods Test -

Serum (Total) Testosterone
Free Testosterone
LH & FSH
SHBG
Estradiol (Oestrogen)
Prolactin
Thyroid simulating hormones
Lipids (LDL, HDL, triglycerides).
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Comprehensive Blood Count
PSA - Prostatic Specific Antigen
Free T3 (Free Triiodothyronine)
Vitamin D

CoastWatcher

Unfortunately I don't know, I'd not heard of PSA.. And the thyroid test all that came back was 'normal' it didn't give any figures, that was completely ruled out by my DR..

I've been off Clomid for a month so far, leaving it another month before I get my bloods redone... Here's the list I'm going in to ask for, probably overkill but I want to be 100% sure before TRT as I don't really want to jump on it like most people. Edit: I have PSA on my list actually just noticing, it isn't a test I'd ever seen before, how's it differ from just a thyroid blood test?

Bloods Test -

Serum (Total) Testosterone
Free Testosterone
LH & FSH
SHBG
Estradiol (Oestrogen)
Prolactin
Thyroid simulating hormones
Lipids (LDL, HDL, triglycerides).
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Comprehensive Blood Count
PSA - Prostatic Specific Antigen
Free T3 (Free Triiodothyronine)
Vitamin D

PSA has NOTHING to do with your thyroid. It stands for Prostate Specific Antigen. It's a baseline measure that is used in the diagnosis of prostate cancer. It needs to be tested on an ongoing basis.

TestosteroneUK

PSA has NOTHING to do with your thyroid. It stands for Prostate Specific Antigen. It's a baseline measure that is used in the diagnosis of prostate cancer. It needs to be tested on an ongoing basis.

Ok thankyou, it's on my list... I just don't want it to be never ending, I'll be checking for everything in the world soon it seems before I understand anymore.

I appreciate your help.

CoastWatcher

Ok thankyou, it's on my list... I just don't want it to be never ending, I'll be checking for everything in the world soon it seems before I understand anymore.

I appreciate your help.

I'm not being critical, but testing, regularly and correctly, is an ongoing part of a TRT protocol. It's very important for a patient to become familiar with the tests that are run, what they measure, and why they are important. We have to be our own advocates in this process. Even if one is happy with their doctor, it is our health and too important to leave to the total judgement of someone else.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me