Nashtide is gonna lean bulk...

Buy Lab Tests Online

bkb33

I’ve been lean most of my life with the exception of about 5 years when I gained 40lbs. My inspiration for getting to a low enough bf was simply the challenge of it. I will say I’m surprised how different 13% is compared to 16%. I’m motivated to get to around 11%. I really want visible abs this summer. After the summer, I’ll reevaluate.

I was hanging around 16-18% (not tracking anything) for about 3 years. When I finally dropped down to 11%, the difference was night and day. I went from feeling like just another guy to 'the ripped guy' at the beach, and my confidence skyrocketed. My wife started making frequent comments about how jacked I looked.

Some people don't care about stuff like that. It may be a shallow goal, but I like it. It's a good feeling. And on some level, I think it's why most of us work out.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

I was hanging around 16-18% (not tracking anything) for about 3 years. When I finally dropped down to 11%, the difference was night and day. I went from feeling like just another guy to 'the ripped guy' at the beach, and my confidence skyrocketed. My wife started making frequent comments about how jacked I looked.

Some people don't care about stuff like that. It may be a shallow goal, but I like it. It's a good feeling. And on some level, I think it's why most of us work out.
I love the feeling of being fit and trim. I’m a bit of a clothes horse and I really feel great when I get dressed and go out. The difference now that I’m in the 13% range is more noticeable than I thought it was going to be.

bkb33

I love the feeling of being fit and trim. I’m a bit of a clothes horse and I really feel great when I get dressed and go out. The difference now that I’m in the 13% range is more noticeable than I thought it was going to be.

Definitely. It's funny, though, when people call you 'skinny' or 'thin' - I don't know if you've experienced that - thinking it's a compliment. Fit, trim, lean, ripped, or shredded is so much better!

Nashtide

Definitely. It's funny, though, when people call you 'skinny' or 'thin' - I don't know if you've experienced that - thinking it's a compliment. Fit, trim, lean, ripped, or shredded is so much better!
I was called skinny all through high school and I hated it! That’s what actually got me into lifting weights in college. I went through all of high school and college eating everything that wasn’t nailed down and I couldn’t really put on any significant muscle. I’m actually the most muscular I’ve ever been right now. Only really fat people call me skinny anymore, lol.

bkb33

I was called skinny all through high school and I hated it! That’s what actually got me into lifting weights in college. I went through all of high school and college eating everything that wasn’t nailed down and I couldn’t really put on any significant muscle. I’m actually the most muscular I’ve ever been right now. Only really fat people call me skinny anymore, lol.

I don't think anyone likes it. I was a fat kid, which is what drove me into lifting, and even I hate 'skinny'! It's great that you're peaking now - so am I! No reason we can't continue improving for a long time.

Loki

Nashtide I am trying to lean bulk as well... I am down 2% bodyfat in a couple months. I am doing balanced meals 5-6 times per day. Similar to Body for Life.... When I eat more frequently I seem to bulk up fast. I can barely wear of lot of my shirts right now. I'm thinking for my body type that 12% is a good target for me... I'm sitting at 14%...

Nashtide

Nashtide I am trying to lean bulk as well... I am down 2% bodyfat in a couple months. I am doing balanced meals 5-6 times per day. Similar to Body for Life.... When I eat more frequently I seem to bulk up fast. I can barely wear of lot of my shirts right now. I'm thinking for my body type that 12% is a good target for me... I'm sitting at 14%...
Sounds like you are making great progress. I am eating three meals per day and having an afternoon snack. I also use a very modified intermittent fast. I don’t eat after 6:30 pm and have breakfast around 8am. So certainly not strict, but better than nothing. I have had great success by lowering carbs while keeping protein high and fats moderate. My afternoon snack is always high protein and low carb. I try to save my carbs for days I workout.

Loki

Sounds like you are making great progress. I am eating three meals per day and having an afternoon snack. I also use a very modified intermittent fast. I don’t eat after 6:30 pm and have breakfast around 8am. So certainly not strict, but better than nothing. I have had great success by lowering carbs while keeping protein high and fats moderate. My afternoon snack is always high protein and low carb. I try to save my carbs for days I workout.

I have never been able to lower carbs very much. My energy levels fall off so low I struggle to get my workouts in. My strength training is pretty intense or maybe I lose the mental battle... I could tweak my routine as well by maybe having a cutoff point where I don't eat. Maybe 3-4 hours before bed... I really need to do cardio bad... But GOD I hate it...

Nashtide

I have never been able to lower carbs very much. My energy levels fall off so low I struggle to get my workouts in. My strength training is pretty intense or maybe I lose the mental battle... I could tweak my routine as well by maybe having a cutoff point where I don't eat. Maybe 3-4 hours before bed... I really need to do cardio bad... But GOD I hate it...
Decreasing carbs definitely can effect your energy. That’s why I try to eat more on my three workout days and much less on the non workout days. I used to hate cardio as well until I started hitting the heavy bag. I do a HIIT heavy bag workout and finish with a tababta style finisher. It’s really fun, a great workout and it gets every head in the gym taking a peek. I just use a boxing timer app that allows me to set the length of the rounds, the rest periods and the number of rounds. I write out the combos I want to throw for each round. I do 6 rounds of 90 seconds with 30 seconds rest then I finish with 8 rounds of 20 seconds all out with 20 seconds rest between. I tried stationary biking, cycling classes, rowing, stair master along with a few other devices and I hated all of them.

Nashtide

Got a quick question for you guys about carbs. What are your thoughts when you read a label on a protein bar and it has 24g of carbs but only 1g of sugar. They claim that the majority of the carbs are in the form of fiber. Do you count the 24g as carbs even though they are fiber? Would you consider a bar like that low carb?

DragonBits

Got a quick question for you guys about carbs. What are your thoughts when you read a label on a protein bar and it has 24g of carbs but only 1g of sugar. They claim that the majority of the carbs are in the form of fiber. Do you count the 24g as carbs even though they are fiber? Would you consider a bar like that low carb?

I think it's a lot of carbs for a protein bar. I am looking at a 1 oz container of soda crackers and it has 21 g of carbs and 0 sugar. It may have 0 sugar, but it will spike my BG a little if I eat it.

I would look at how much protein, if it actually states how much fiber, and total calories, but I never eat any sort of energy / protein bar, trail mix, they all tend to be too many calories. With the exception of I take one with me on longer bike rides, longer than an hour. Mostly because if I go with friends, they stop and eat one and I just take it to fit in.

IMO if I am out longer than 3 hours maybe I would get hungry, but I seldom go that long. I never got a surge of energy from eating while hiking or biking.

Nashtide

I think it's a lot of carbs for a protein bar. I am looking at a 1 oz container of soda crackers and it has 21 g of carbs and 0 sugar. It may have 0 sugar, but it will spike my BG a little if I eat it.

I would look at how much protein, if it actually states how much fiber, and total calories, but I never eat any sort of energy / protein bar, trail mix, they all tend to be too many calories. With the exception of I take one with me on longer bike rides, longer than an hour. Mostly because if I go with friends, they stop and eat one and I just take it to fit in.

IMO if I am out longer than 3 hours maybe I would get hungry, but I seldom go that long. I never got a surge of energy from eating while hiking or biking.
The only time I get hungry is late afternoon. I am looking for a quick snack with at least 20g of protein and low carbs. I realize that’s a lot of carbs, but if most of the carbs come from fiber, maybe it’s okay? A few times a week I’ll just whip up a scoop of protein powder in some unsweetened almond milk, but most days I really want something to chew on. Tough to find foods with high protein, low carbs and relatively low calories. I don’t want to eat eggs or tuna every day for an afternoon snack as I eat a lot of both of those foods for lunch. I might have to suck it up and just have a simple protein drink.

bkb33

Tough to find foods with high protein, low carbs and relatively low calories.

Fat-free cottage cheese is great. You can stir up some protein powder in there. I also like putting it on chocolate rice cakes, though that adds carbs. Delicious and nutritious.

Regarding protein bars, I'm big on Oatmegas. They have all natural ingredients and none of the 'fake stuff.' It's hard to imagine a protein bar being higher quality. As a result, protein isn't sky high, but still good. 190 cals, 21g carbs, 14g protein, 5g sugar, 7g fiber. I can only find them at Target, though.

Nashtide

Fat-free cottage cheese is great. You can stir up some protein powder in there. I also like putting it on chocolate rice cakes, though that adds carbs. Delicious and nutritious.

Regarding protein bars, I'm big on Oatmegas. They have all natural ingredients and none of the 'fake stuff.' It's hard to imagine a protein bar being higher quality. As a result, protein isn't sky high, but still good. 190 cals, 21g carbs, 14g protein, 5g sugar, 7g fiber. I can only find them at Target, though.
Any thoughts on a chocolate protein powder that both tastes good and isn’t loaded with sugar?

DragonBits

The only time I get hungry is late afternoon. I am looking for a quick snack with at least 20g of protein and low carbs. I realize that’s a lot of carbs, but if most of the carbs come from fiber, maybe it’s okay? A few times a week I’ll just whip up a scoop of protein powder in some unsweetened almond milk, but most days I really want something to chew on. Tough to find foods with high protein, low carbs and relatively low calories. I don’t want to eat eggs or tuna every day for an afternoon snack as I eat a lot of both of those foods for lunch. I might have to suck it up and just have a simple protein drink.

In the late afternoon early evening I have tried protein drinks like 2% milk with protein powder mixed in, I have an ensure type drink, they are Ok but don't tend to satisfy.

I tend to also want real food.

If I make baby back ribs, I make an extra rack, separate them into 2 ribs each and rapped in aluminum foil for a quick snack, already cooked chicken wings, 5 oz hamburger patty only. Not really low calories but not too high, they all tend towards 300 calories.

bkb33

Hands down my favorite is Allmax brand. I get the All WHEY Gold version. Mixes very well and taste good. Plus they have a ton of other flavors..

How is the price, and how does the digestion compare to other wheys? I have noticed most whey products make me feel inflammed and gassy. I've only found a few products -- the more "natural" ones -- that don't upset my gut.

bkb33

Any thoughts on a chocolate protein powder that both tastes good and isn’t loaded with sugar?

I have recently become a huge believer in True Nutrition cold-filtered whey isolate. It has the best combination I've found of price, taste, health (almost all natural), and gut impact (doesn't make me feel inflammed or gassy). I imagine I'll stick with this one for a long time.

DragonBits

How is the price, and how does the digestion compare to other wheys? I have noticed most whey products make me feel inflammed and gassy. I've only found a few products -- the more "natural" ones -- that don't upset my gut.

I am lucky in that my gut isn't bothered by nearly anything.

If I have 5+ cups of coffee with ~ 14 grams of whey protein each, I tend to feel a little queasy. That is about 45 grams of protein + the caffeine and whatever else I might eat. So I think maybe just too much protein.

So I tend to buy whatever is on sale, only thing I look at is calories per gram of protein. 4 calories per gram of protein is baseline, anything above that is some sort of addition for taste, usually carb added in, though it could be fat. Shortcut way of looking at it.

Generally speaking, the more expensive the product, the closer it is to 4 calories per gram.

My wife, she is very lactose intolerant, so I would have to get her a more expensive product like some sort of isolate that had no lactose in it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me