Pituitary MRI needed? Opinions please

Buy Lab Tests Online

uvababb

Posted this earlier but really only got one response.
urologist suggesting a pituary MRI based on results below. Opinions please? Should i do this?

Prolactin
Value - 5.8
Ref Range: 4.0 - 15.2

FSH
Value - 2.5
Ref Range: 1.5 - 12.4

LH
Value - 3.3
Ref Range: 1.7 - 8.6

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

What are your Total T and Free T levels, E2 level, etc...I would get more thorough testing done before doing anything. See the sticky on what tests to get before starting TRT.

uvababb

Total T
Value: 320
Ref Range: 348 - 1197

Bio-available T
Value: 143
Ref Range: 95 - 350

Estradiol
Value: 21
Ref Range: 8 - 43

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
If Prolactin was highly elevated concurrent with low Testosterone serum levels I'd say "yes" a Pituitary MRI is warranted BUT your prolactin is fine!

There is no need for an MRI...none.

Ask him what blood work warrants the MRI in light of normal Prolactin levels???

LH/FSH are low and why your serum levels are low.

Need to know more about you to see if this is just age related decline.

TBSS

Is a Brain MRI needed?

I have the same question or concern and I'm hesitant to go through with it. 1st off my LH and LSH were not checked prior to beginning TRT therapy only my testosterone levels which were 390 so I started a 200ml every two week protocol. Then after a month the doc ordered another testosterone, prolactin and cortisol lab work up. Test went up to 841 after only 2 injections, prolactin was fine at 9.7, and both my LH and FSH dropped to .2 . The doc said there was no way it should have suppressed me that quickly and is concerned with my pituitary Function and Wants me to get a MRI on my brain. Is this really needed? Seeking some advice and knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

TBSS

Thank you Nelson. Thats what I was thinking but the doc had me second guessing my gut feeling. Because I felt there is no way that can be assumed since it was not checked prior to beginning treatment. Additionally all labs were normal and LH and FSH were reacting normally to the Testosterone injections. I told my doc this and their response was it wouldn't hurt and it should not have suppressed you that quickly. Thinking since my test levels were low that my LH and FSH would have been elevated under normal function.

Is anyone aware of a good way to locate a experienced doc for TRT treatment?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me