Melatonin increases Hemiglobin?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BobDylan

I’m currently taking 40mg every 4 days of cypionate and it puts me around 500 total testosterone. I went to donate blood a couple weeks ago because my hematocrit tens to run high. I wasn’t able to donate because my finger prick hemoglobin test Was 18.9 and 18.2 is there cutoff. They said to stop eating red meat, leafy greens, stop using cast iron and stop taking vitamin c, and to hydrate more. I did that for 2 weeks along with reducing my dose to 15mg eod and tried again, hemoglobin came back higher at 19.3.

I’m trying to figure out if there is something else going on. I’ve been taking 1mg of melatonin a night for years and in the past month stating taking 3mg. I came across this article but couldn’t find much more. Has anyone had any experience or have any knowledge on the affect melatonin can have on hemoglobin?

“The chronic administration of pineal hormone melatonin (1 mg) in healthy humans leads to a significant increase in the hemoglobin level and erythrocyte number, especially on the background of low values of both indices.”

And

“13-week and 26-week study in rats (75 and 150 mg/kg/day) showed increased hemoglobin concentrations and platelet counts (13-week time point), increased liver weights (13-week time point) and minor centrilobular hepatocytic hypertrophy (13 and 26-week time points.”

I do have sleep apnea but use my cpap religiously.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BobDylan

Looks like the first link I posted was the wrong one. Should have been this:

sammmy

"Significant increase" in medical articles means statistically significant increase, it may not mean a substantial or large increase. Only reading the whole article can clarify that.

The rat study used insanely high doses to look for melatonin toxicity. The rat dose of 75 mg/kg is equivalent to 75/6.2 = 12mg/kg human dose. A normal 70kg human would have to take 12x70 = 840 mg Melatonin per day to match that dose.

Vince

Super Moderator
Here's my latest Hemoglobin. 16.7 g/dL 13.0-17.7
I haven't donated blood in over 5 years and I take over 100 mg of melatonin daily for over a year.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me