Looking for Brachioradialis Tendonitis cure and prevention.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Any tips on keeping tendonitis away from my Brachioradialis Muscle.
Tennis elbow from hammer curls and reverse grip curls with a straight bar.

I really enjoy doing these two exersizes but I always leave the gym with pain where the brachioradialis muscle attaches near the elbow.
This pain is always gone in two days and on the third day its time to do more curls.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

buggies100

I had tennis elbow in both elbows after coming back from hunting in Zimbabwae last year. The left was the worst. That was sept and by january and alot of ice, still little improvement. I did a steroid shot in left arm. Good for a week or so and pain returned. I then ventured into dry needling. I did 2 sessions a week for a out 6weeks. Boom, problem solved amd back to 100%

Nashtide

I had a terrible case of tennis elbow a couple of years ago. I changed the way I curl and the problem went away almost immediately with no recurrence. Search AthleanX on YouTube he has a video on elbow pain. I couldn't believe how quickly it resolved a really painful situation I had for a few months.

madman

Super Moderator
Any tips on keeping tendonitis away from my Brachioradialis Muscle.
Tennis elbow from hammer curls and reverse grip curls with a straight bar.

I really enjoy doing these two exersizes but I always leave the gym with pain where the brachioradialis muscle attaches near the elbow.
This pain is always gone in two days and on the third day its time to do more curls.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2971639/

Used the theraband years back.....works wonders for healing tennis elbow!

I had a terrible case of tennis elbow a couple of years ago. I changed the way I curl and the problem went away almost immediately with no recurrence. Search AthleanX on YouTube he has a video on elbow pain. I couldn't believe how quickly it resolved a really painful situation I had for a few months.

Thanks Nashtide, I subscribe to Jeff's channel. I like his advice and Jessie his sidekick is a hoot. He's got several videos out on elbow pain they all talk about low shoulder strength or doing something weird with your wrist when throwing a ball or swinging a tennis racket. I'm just doing simple hammer curls with weights I can get 12 reps from could probably do 16-20 before failure so I don't think I am overloading. I am not sure it's the same injury. The muscle I am trying to get bigger is attached to the tendon that is hurting.

My workouts are pretty basic if it is that muscles day to work it gets 6 sets of 12 reps per exersize and 3 seperate exersizes. However on this muscle I usually hurt it by the third set of the first exersize. The tendon seems to be really weak so the muscle never get a good pump do to the tendon pain. I always stop when the tendon starts screaming. I am pretty sure pushing thru this pain would cause long term injury.

I joined a gym to bulk up some an wanted to put a little muscle on my arms shoulders back and chest. As a mtn biker for 15 years my legs are like tree trunks but I have no upper body strength. Biceps and triceps are a piece of cake to bulk up compared to building up ones forearms.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Last year I tore a tendon in my left elbow and could not do any pull-ups for 6 months. I could do chin-ups with no pain and worked hard on them until I could do pull-ups again. This year I tore a tendon on my right elbow, couldn't do any chin-ups and I had to work hard on only pull-ups. Thankfully my right elbow healed fast.

Nashtide

Thanks Nashtide, I subscribe to Jeff's channel. I like his advice and Jessie his sidekick is a hoot. He's got several videos out on elbow pain they all talk about low shoulder strength or doing something weird with your wrist when throwing a ball or swinging a tennis racket. I'm just doing simple hammer curls with weights I can get 12 reps from could probably do 16-20 before failure so I don't think I am overloading. I am not sure it's the same injury. The muscle I am trying to get bigger is attached to the tendon that is hurting.

My workouts are pretty basic if it is that muscles day to work it gets 6 sets of 12 reps per exersize and 3 seperate exersizes. However on this muscle I usually hurt it by the third set of the first exersize. The tendon seems to be really weak so the muscle never get a good pump do to the tendon pain. I always stop when the tendon starts screaming. I am pretty sure pushing thru this pain would cause long term injury.

I joined a gym to bulk up some an wanted to put a little muscle on my arms shoulders back and chest. As a mtn biker for 15 years my legs are like tree trunks but I have no upper body strength. Biceps and triceps are a piece of cake to bulk up compared to building up ones forearms.
Okay, so basically when I curl anything now I flex my wrist so the back of my hand is closer to my arm. Not much, but not neutral and definitely not with my wrist flexed with my palm closer to my arm. I hope that makes sense. This does not really apply to hammer curls.

Thanks Madman I found one on amazon for about 15 bucks. I picked the green medium 15#.

Thanks Nelson I've watched that video. The voodoo flossing does look interesting. I do think some kind of compression band around where the tendon attaches to the bone would help me. I'll see how available that flossing tape is.

Okay, so basically when I curl anything now I flex my wrist so the back of my hand is closer to my arm. Not much, but not neutral and definitely not with my wrist flexed with my palm closer to my arm. I hope that makes sense. This does not really apply to hammer curls.

Yes I only get the pain on hammers and revere grip curls. I keep my my wrist is in a neutral position.
Both exersizes are for building up the forearm I am not sure what I can replace them with this dam tendon is attached to the muscle I want to make bigger.

Nashtide

Well I had to go beyond neutral just about 15-20 degrees to relieve the problem on any regular bicep curl. Why are you doing hammer curls? I know they help the bicep peak when flexing, but it's generally not a beginners move. Have you tried cable hammer curls?

Well I had to go beyond neutral just about 15-20 degrees to relieve the problem on any regular bicep curl. Why are you doing hammer curls? I know they help the bicep peak when flexing, but it's generally not a beginners move. Have you tried cable hammer curls?

I don't do them for my bicep peak the reverse grip curl and hammer curls are two of the most popular forearm exersizes.
They work the Brachialis and the brachioradialis. Its the brachioradialis that I am trying to grow. I don't like my skinny forearms.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me