Kisspeptin Restores Sexual and Attraction Brain Processing in Women with HSSD

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Kisspeptin Restores Sexual and Attraction Brain Processing in Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (2022)
Layla Thurston, MRCP, Tia Hunjan, MD, Natalie Ertl, MSc, Matt Wall, Ph.D., Edouard Mills, MRCP, Sofiya Suladze, BSc, Emma Alexander, MBBS, Beatrice Muzi, MSc, Bijal Patel, MRCP, Paul Bech, Ph.D., David Goldmeier, MRCP, Eugenii Rabiner, MBBCh, Ali Abbara, MRCP, Ph.D., Alexander Comninos, MRCP, Ph.D., and Waljit Dhillo, MRCP, PhD

Introduction: Sexual desire is a key component of the sexual response model. The absence or deficiency of sexual desire can lead to marked distress or interpersonal difficulty, termed ’hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD). HSDD is the most common female sexual health complaint worldwide, affecting 10% of women. Despite its detrimental impact on psychological well-being and quality of life, treatment options are currently limited. The hormone kisspeptin is a key endogenous activator of the reproductive endocrine axis, with emerging roles in sexual and emotional behavior, and thus could serve as a novel treatment option in women with HSDD.

Hypothesis: Kisspeptin restores sexual brain processing in women with HSDD. Methods: To test our hypothesis, we performed a randomized, double-blind, two-way crossover, placebo-controlled study in 32 (mean age ± SEM 29.2±1.2 years; BMI 23.1±0.5 kg/m2) premenopausal women with HSDD using psychometric assessments, functional neuroimaging, and hormonal assessments to investigate the effects of kisspeptin administration on brain activity, in response to erotic stimuli (erotic videos) and facial attraction (face images of varying attractiveness). Study visits were undertaken in the early follicular phase of the menstrual cycle.

Results: Kisspeptin administration resulted in an increase in self-reported ratings of feeling ’sexy’, compared to placebo, measured using the Sexual Arousal and Desire Inventory (t [32] =2.27, P=0.03). On functional MRI, kisspeptin administration deactivated the left inferior frontal gyrus and activated the postcentral and supramarginal gyrus in response to erotic videos (Z=2.3, P< 0.05). Kisspeptin administration deactivated the secondary somatosensory cortex (Z=2.3, P<0.05) and enhanced activation in the posterior cingulate cortex on viewing male faces, which correlated with a reduction in self-reported sexual aversion (r=0.476, P=0.005). Kisspeptin resulted in a mean increase in LH of 2.75 iU/L (F(1, 62) = 6.084, P=0.02) and FSH of 0.37 iU/L (F(1, 62) = 4.030, P=0.05) across the 75-minute duration of the study, with no effect observed on downstream circulating estradiol, progesterone or testosterone levels.

Interpretation of results and conclusions

Deactivation of the left inferior frontal gyrus by kisspeptin administration likely serves to reduce internal monologue and response inhibition. Furthermore, kisspeptin’s deactivation of the secondary somatosensory cortex can reduce a woman’s focus on herself, her body image, and related negative thoughts, thus augmenting her judgment of male facial attractiveness. Finally, kisspeptin’s actions in the posterior cingulate cortex can serve to increase feelings of romantic love and reward processing, thereby reducing sexual aversion and increasing sexual desire. Collectively these brain changes provide mechanistic insights for the observed increase in sexual desire and attraction during kisspeptin administration in women with HSDD.

These behavioral and mechanistic findings in women with HSDD lay the foundations for clinical applications for kisspeptin in psychosexual disorders.

Attachments

• PMON214_Kisspeptin_Restores_Sexual_and_Attraction_.pdf
    82.6 KB · Views: 38
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Injectable:

Nasal spray:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Good review

kisspeptin roles.jpeg

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Background: Kisspeptin is a critical regulator of normal reproductive function. A single injection of kisspeptin in healthy human volunteers potently stimulates gonadotropin release. However, the effects of kisspeptin on gonadotropin release in women with hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA) and the effects of repeated administration of kisspeptin to humans are unknown.

Aim: The aim of this study was to determine the effects of acute and chronic kisspeptin administration on gonadotropin release in women with HA.

Methods: We performed a prospective, randomized, double-blinded, parallel design study. Women with HA received twice-daily sc injections of kisspeptin (6.4 nmol/kg) or 0.9% saline (n = 5 per group) for 2 wk. Changes in serum gonadotropin and estradiol levels, LH pulsatility, and ultrasound measurements of reproductive activity were assessed.

Results: On the first injection day, potent increases in serum LH and FSH were observed after sc kisspeptin injection in women with HA (mean maximal increment from baseline within 4 h after injection: LH, 24.0 ± 3.5 IU/liter; FSH, 9.1 ± 2.5 IU/liter). These responses were significantly reduced on the 14th injection day (mean maximal increment from baseline within 4 h postinjection: LH, 2.5 ± 2.2 IU/liter, P < 0.05; FSH, 0.5 ± 0.5 IU/liter, P < 0.05). Subjects remained responsive to GnRH after kisspeptin treatment. No significant changes in LH pulsatility or ultrasound measurements of reproductive activity were observed.

Conclusion: Acute administration of kisspeptin to women with infertility due to HA potently stimulates gonadotropin release, but chronic administration of kisspeptin results in desensitization to its effects on gonadotropin release. These data have important implications for the development of kisspeptin as a novel therapy for reproductive disorders in humans.

Subcutaneous administration of kisspeptin-54 acutely and potently stimulates gonadotrophin release in women with hypothalamic amenorrhoea, but twice-daily administration over a 2-week period leads to desensitisation to its effects.

Attachments

• kisspeptin subq injections.pdf
    207.5 KB · Views: 39

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
@Cataceous would know the answer.

Here is a website that mentions dosing but I am not sure if this information has any merit

M.J

I can't offer anything definitive. My assumption is that frequent small doses would be more natural, especially in view of the shorter half-life of kisspeptin 10 versus the endogenous hormone. Such a protocol might consist of 5-20 mcg a few times a day.
I may want to try this,, is it easy to get ? Can I get it through defy ? Did it work on you or anyone you know ?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I may want to try this,, is it easy to get ? Can I get it through defy ? Did it work on you or anyone you know ?
I doubt kisspeptin-10 can be prescribed legally. As far as I know it never went through any drug approval process in the U.S. That leaves the research peptide places, such as Peptide Sciences.

I perceive that in sexual attraction it causes a more pronounced emphasis on facial appearance. There may also be some subtle positive effects on sexual function. It's a single anecdote, so weight accordingly. This is with 10 mcg five times daily. It's possible that larger doses would provide more pronounced effects, though at more risk of being non-physiological.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me