Injection challenges, possibly not injecting correctly. How to fix?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pacman

I recently posted on how my levels are super low relative to my dosage, and one possible culprit is the way I've been injecting.

I've been injecting prop fairly easily into my left leg, in the spot within the circle as shown below:
LeftLegRightHandProp.jpg

And I've been injecting cypionate into my right leg with great difficulty (requires A LOT pressure, much more than normal on the syringe injecting, I actually use forearm strength to apply pressure) into my right leg, in the spot within the circle as shown below:
RightLegRightHandCyp.jpg

I initially thought there must be something wrong with the cypionate since it is so hard to inject. But then yesterday I tried injecting propionate into my right leg in that spot in the circle (2nd image), and I had the same exact challenge as injecting cypionate.

So I switched over to my usual spot for prop (1st image above) and injected with ease. Is it possible that I am missing the muscle when I inject in my right leg? Like why does it require such an insane amount of pressure to inject? I thought as long as it goes deep enough it will go into the muscle, no? Are there others who experienced the same thing as me?

Also, is it okay if I inject in the same exact muscle 4 times weekly, instead of alternating since I am obviously having issues with my right leg? Any disadvantages to that? Does it matter which specific muscle I inject into?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I recently posted on how my levels are super low relative to my dosage, and one possible culprit is the way I've been injecting.

I've been injecting prop fairly easily into my left leg, in the spot within the circle as shown below:
View attachment 3747

And I've been injecting cypionate into my right leg with great difficulty (requires A LOT pressure, much more than normal on the syringe injecting, I actually use forearm strength to apply pressure) into my right leg, in the spot within the circle as shown below:
View attachment 3748

I initially thought there must be something wrong with the cypionate since it is so hard to inject. But then yesterday I tried injecting propionate into my right leg in that spot in the circle (2nd image), and I had the same exact challenge as injecting cypionate.

So I switched over to my usual spot for prop (1st image above) and injected with ease. Is it possible that I am missing the muscle when I inject in my right leg? Like why does it require such an insane amount of pressure to inject? I thought as long as it goes deep enough it will go into the muscle, no? Are there others who experienced the same thing as me?

Also, is it okay if I inject in the same exact muscle 4 times weekly, instead of alternating since I am obviously having issues with my right leg? Any disadvantages to that? Does it matter which specific muscle I inject into?

I strictly inject sub-q in abdominal fat and my last labs tt 1200 with double free t top range, maybe switch sub-q get retested after 6 weeks.

madman

Super Moderator
I strictly inject sub-q in abdominal fat and my last labs tt 1200 with double free t top range, try switching to sub-q and get retested after 6 weeks. Maybe you are hitting lump scar tissue when injecting IM especially if using the same sight over and over. Usually if you hit/pass through scar tissue you will feel the difference!

The rectus femoris isn't the most recommended muscle to inject in. Try the vastus lateralis, or 2 on your picture.

Or the delts or gluteus medius as those are more traditional locations to inject in.

Pacman

The rectus femoris isn't the most recommended muscle to inject in. Try the vastus lateralis, or 2 on your picture.

Or the delts or gluteus medius as those are more traditional locations to inject in.
What is the reason it's not recommended to inject in the rectus femoris? Because of the issue I described, or something else?

Also, in the past when I inejected into the vastus lateralis, I would more often than not hit clusters of nerves that would cause local spasms, which is why I stopped injecting into that muscle. Does this not happen to you?

Vince

Super Moderator
My favorite place to inject are my shoulders, I use an easy touch 27g 1/2" syringe, for a nice shallow IM. I use for both testosterone and HCG.

HarryCat

What is the reason it's not recommended to inject in the rectus femoris? Because of the issue I described, or something else?

Also, in the past when I inejected into the vastus lateralis, I would more often than not hit clusters of nerves that would cause local spasms, which is why I stopped injecting into that muscle. Does this not happen to you?

I've had the same experience re spasms when injecting in the vastus lateralis, then it would feel bruised for a week after. I now make sure to inject higher up in the rectus femoris, but I don't have a problem pressing the plunger.

While you can inject into the rectus femoris, I've heard that it is more painful, and that you'll bleed a lot more than if you inject into the vastus lateralis. This is strictly word of mouth info, since I've never injected into my rectus femoris.

If you hit a nerve when you pin into your vastus lateralis, I'd pull out and pin in a slightly different location. It's a long, large muscle, with plenty of "geography" for you to find a slightly different injection site. What kind of gear are you using (ga and length)?

Also, in your first picture above, it looks like you're injecting right between the rectus femoris and the sartorius. Not the ideal location if you're looking to pin directly into the rectus femoris, like your second picture shows.

When pinning into your quad, I hope you are doing so sitting down with your leg propped up on a chair, or sitting on a bed with your leg up. Make sure that you are totally relaxing your leg muscles when you pin.

Personally, I would avoid area 4 (vastus medialis) for any IM injections. Too close to the knee, and the PIP would probably be very noticible.

Pacman

Okay, so I switched over to area 2 on my included pic. Much easier to inject no nerve problems. I don't remember it being that easy which is why I stopped injecting into that muscle before. Interesting.

Okay, so I switched over to area 2 on my included pic. Much easier to inject no nerve problems. I don't remember it being that easy which is why I stopped injecting into that muscle before. Interesting.

If you look at where you were injecting, the right intermediate femoral subcutaneous nerve is in the way. If you look at the middle 1/3rd of the vastus lateralis, there isn't a subcutaneous nerve running along it.

Same thing with the medial deltoid, gluteus medius and the upper right quadrant of the gluteus maximus. Of course, some people just have odd anatomy and may have a location that just does not work for them, but for most people anatomy is consistent.

Pacman

View attachment 3754

If you look at where you were injecting, the right intermediate femoral subcutaneous nerve is in the way. If you look at the middle 1/3rd of the vastus lateralis, there isn't a subcutaneous nerve running along it.

Same thing with the medial deltoid, gluteus medius and the upper right quadrant of the gluteus maximus. Of course, some people just have odd anatomy and may have a location that just does not work for them, but for most people anatomy is consistent.

Are you able to fix the image or link? It's broken I cannot see it.

And thank you for the explanation, I've been on TRT for years, I have no idea why I didn't think to ask these questions or look into this.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me