I need help getting dialed in

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sb32

I’m 35 year old man. I’ve been on TRT for a few years. I’ve tried everything and I can’t get dialed in. I need help! I’m currently on 50mg of testosterone cyp, 250iu of hcg, and 0.125mg arimidex every other day. I have no libido currently. I feel fine mentally. When I stop taking an AI, my libido is good and strong, but i’m a mess mentally. I can’t figure it out! Help me please

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sb32

I’m obese, so I aromatize a lot. I used to be fit, but during covid, I let myself go and never really got back into it. When i’m on AI, I have no libido or interest in sex, I have no morning wood, but i’m innovative, make smart choices (in my business and eating), and make it into the gym. When I stop taking AI, my libido is strong, but I get depressed, am sluggish, and am lethargic. I gain weight easily when off AI. I feel like i’m doomed and TRT isn’t for me because I can’t figure this out. Should I take AI and tough out the libido part until I lose weight? Or is it possible to find a proper protocol?

Systemlord

When I stop taking an AI, my libido is good and strong, but i’m a mess mentally.
I’m obese, so I aromatize a lot. I used to be fit, but during covid, I let myself go and never really got back into it. When i’m on AI, I have no libido or interest in sex, I have no morning wood, but i’m innovative, make smart choices (in my business and eating), and make it into the gym. When I stop taking AI, my libido is strong, but I get depressed, am sluggish, and am lethargic. I gain weight easily when off AI.
The hCG might be causing some of your issues, men typically have symptoms on hCG and I’m willing to bet this is why you feel a mental wreck.

Men typically report feeling better when transitioning from hCG to TRT or dropping hCG from their TRT protocol.

You protocol is a below average dosage and a typical weekly dosage is closer to 100-150 mg.

You’ve left out the most important thing, where are your Total T, Free T and estrogen levels?

Last edited:

Sb32

200mg a week, injecting every other day
0.25mg arimidex every other day
1316 test ng/dl
32.8 pg/l free t
33.4 pg/l estradiol sensitive
45.2 nmol/l shbg
I felt like total crap here. Very disconnected from everything

0.125mg arimidex every other day put my estrogen at 45.4 pg/l

With hcg and 200mg of test put my test over 1500.
0.25mg arimidex every other day put my estrogen at 47.4 pg/l

140mg of testosterone with no ai, and no hcg put my testosterone at 836 ng/dl. Every other day injections.
18.1 pg/l free t.
54.8 pg/l estrogen.
I didn’t like how I felt on this dose, very weak

Last edited:

Systemlord

200mg a week, injecting every other day
0.25mg arimidex every other day
1316 test ng/dl
32.8 pg/l free t
33.4 pg/l estradiol sensitive
45.2 nmol/l shbg
I felt like total crap here. Very disconnected from everything

0.125mg arimidex every other day put my estrogen at 45.4 pg/l

With hcg and 200mg of test put my test over 1500.
0.25mg arimidex every other day put my estrogen at 47.4 pg/l

140mg of testosterone with no ai, and no hcg put my testosterone at 836 ng/dl. Every other day injections.
18.1 pg/l free t.
54.8 pg/l estrogen.
I didn’t like how I felt on this dose, very weak
You’ve got something else going on that’s not hormone related and it’s interfering with your TRT.

I would start with a complete, vitamin and mineral testing. Thyroid testing if you haven’t already done so.

Sb32

I’m on 25mcg liothyronine daily. My free t3 is 4.3 pg/ml. My reverse t3 sits high at 27.9 ng/dl. My free t4 sits at 1.17 ng/dl.

bixt

Should I take AI and tough out the libido part until I lose weight?

Heres my plan based on and taking into account everything you have said so far:

150mg testosterone, divided as eod shots
0.125 AI EOD , going upto 0.25 IF needed
no hcg

And then as you said, lose the weight over some months. Then wean off and cut the AI.

Other better option: You may find 15mg daily test prop subq in the AM to work even better. Wont need AI for sure.

Last edited:

bixt

I’m on 25mcg liothyronine daily. My free t3 is 4.3 pg/ml. My reverse t3 sits high at 27.9 ng/dl. My free t4 sits at 1.17 ng/dl.

Up the dose of the T3 (liothyronine) . Either 25mcg AM and 12.5mcg lunchtime, or 25/25.

This could:

- Suppress TSH, therefore endogenous T4, therefore resultant T4->T3 conversion
- Greatly assist with fat loss

Other options: ketogenic diet to reverse inflammation and hopefully reduce rT3.

Gman86

Have u looked into iodine supplementation at all? Iodine and selenium are two of the main nutrients needed for a healthy functioning thyroid. I would try supplementing with iodine and getting enough selenium in ur diet before upping ur thyroid meds. Here’s the iodine I use, and that’s recommended by most. Also agree that a keto diet to decrease inflammation and increase overall health would be a good move. I personally think going as close to carnivore as u can is even more ideal if improving ur health and getting the body to function optimally is ur goal. Checkout Lynne farrow and dr brownstein’s work on iodine if u want to learn more. They both have a ton of stuff on YouTube to watch. I’m a health freak, and have tried pretty much every protocol under the sun, and I overall feel pretty good on all of them. Just feel better on some than others. And I think my ability to be flexible and feel pretty good even when I change up things pretty drastically is due to me being on top of me overall health, in every aspect, and my body functioning well in all areas. How our bodies function will make a huge difference in regards to how certain protocol will effect us, compared to someone else, imo. Here’s a couple vids I watched recently talking about their experiences with iodine.

bixt

Iodine could be indicated (risky solution) for hypothyroidism. Will not solve T4-->rT3 conversion which is rampant here.

The additional dose was also for another reason: temporary "optimisation"/enhancement beyond normal thyroid function, to add in the fat loss.

Gman86

Iodine could be indicated (risky solution) for hypothyroidism. Will not solve T4-->rT3 conversion which is rampant here.

The additional dose was also for another reason: temporary "optimisation"/enhancement beyond normal thyroid function, to add in the fat loss.
Ya I would try lowering RT3 via optimizing diet, exercise and sleep, which will optimize the body and lower overall inflammation, and therefore lower RT3 hopefully

Iodine would be to just optimize his thyroid function, as well as optimizing the function of his body as a whole. Iodine has many benefits apart from the thyroid. I personally think Dr. Westin Childs is one of the leading experts on the thyroid on the internet. Here’s a good vid where he goes over dosing of iodine, and what he recommends, and has seen work well, for most of his patients. And obv all of his patients come to him with thyroid issues, which mostly include being hypothyroid. So iodine isn’t as risky for people with thyroid issues than u might think once u do the research. In fact, I would argue that it’s the opposite. They need iodine more than someone without thyroid issues

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me