High hemocrit symptoms

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mfurches

For those of you who experience high hemocrit levels , what are your typical symptoms ? What let’s you know it’s time to check your bloodwork?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My hematocrit is 57.1. My hemoglobin levels hover around 19.2.

I have no symptoms, blood pressure is 110/65.

I am on TRT and a beta-blocker.

Last edited:

Wilson7

I try to keep my HCT below 52%, usually between 49 - 52%, my urologist is good up to 55%, he has not seen issues with higher HCT from HRT. My BP is 120's/70's, use a BB for essential tremor and 1 mg of lisinopril to reduce ANG II. I can't tell if my HCT is 49 or 55%. No difference in anything perceived or measured. Best approach is to figure out how often you need to donate to keep HCT in your comfort zone, if your T dosing is consistent, then it will generally be every X weeks. I use propranolol 30 mg before bed and 20 mg upon waking. Nothing during the day so it doesn't impair functional capacity. Best approach to BP control is an ARB or ACEi, as long as you're not at risk for AE. ANG II is what drives adverse cardiac remodeling. This is particularly important if ND is part of your HRT.

xcpatr922

I always curious when folks combining BB and TRT. One is causing ED and TRT suppose to helping ED. Only Nebivolol has low impact of ED.

Regarding to the question, I can feel when my HT is bit high, I started having very mild increase of BP and very mild SOB. However I do not know if that's placebo, or not.

Wilson7

I always curious when folks combining BB and TRT. One is causing ED and TRT suppose to helping ED. Only Nebivolol has low impact of ED.

Regarding to the question, I can feel when my HT is bit high, I started having very mild increase of BP and very mild SOB. However I do not know if that's placebo, or not.
I may have to look into Nebivolol, older guys at the gym describe the same when their HCT goes up, often times headache as well, everyone is a little different. Viscosity will affect BP, resistance to flow. I'd rather not use the BB but trying to keep food on a fork is important as well. Thank my dad for the tremor, always wondered why his hands shook as a kid, now I know. Just checked mechanisms for Nebivolol, it also activates NO/cGMP that would be a positive for ED and is beta-1 specific. Unfortunately, beta-2 needs to be targeted for essential tremor and those are also needed for erectile function.

Last edited:

xcpatr922

BB is def. the most loving-hated drugs I ever use. I knew it's extremely good for the heart and brain (no anxiety and peacefulness) but with the compensation that HR can only go up to 120is during exercise and basically no libido at all when it's used. I've switched to Nebivolol since it actually accelarate NO, it still causing ED but not that much compare to older generation of BB.

I really watched my HTC because I knew I had a slow blood flow issue in my heart due to atheroscleorosis. I also took blood thinner for life.

Wilson7

BB is def. the most loving-hated drugs I ever use. I knew it's extremely good for the heart and brain (no anxiety and peacefulness) but with the compensation that HR can only go up to 120is during exercise and basically no libido at all when it's used. I've switched to Nebivolol since it actually accelarate NO, it still causing ED but not that much compare to older generation of BB.

I really watched my HTC because I knew I had a slow blood flow issue in my heart due to atheroscleorosis. I also took blood thinner for life.
One of the reasons I like propranolol, shorter t 1/2, my last stress test HR to age predicted max without a problem, but it depends on what you are using the BB for. If it is too keep sympathetic input down to prevent a-fib or v-tach, different story. You need it in circulation all the time.

Vince

Super Moderator
For those of you who experience high hemocrit levels , what are your typical symptoms ? What let’s you know it’s time to check your bloodwork?
CBC Lab is very inexpensive. I would just get tested, to make sure you're good. When I had issues with high HCT, that's what I did. Thankfully it's stabilized and I no longer have to donate blood.

jobshopper

Has anyone tried a single baby aspirin everyday to lower hct and rbc? My PHP suggested it to me and it brought my hct and rbc back into normal range and it has bee fine since then. That was over two years ago.

xcpatr922

Has anyone tried a single baby aspirin everyday to lower hct and rbc? My PHP suggested it to me and it brought my hct and rbc back into normal range and it has bee fine since then. That was over two years ago.

I'm always on anti-platelet that's 100x more stronger than aspirin and aspirin itself.
Without TRT my HCT is about 39-41 and platelet around 150. Now with TRT HCT is around 46-49 and platelet count is 250-260. There's noticeable more red blood cell productions.

xcpatr922

but yes with TRT I'm younger by 20 years :) so as long as I can manage this things shall be okay, regardless I know now how to safely increases ferritin.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me