Getting off TRT for fertility

Buy Lab Tests Online

Luke717

Hello,
I am stopping TRT because we would like to have another child. I have been on T cyp and HCG for almost 2 years.
My DR said to just stop both cold turkey and start Clomid 12.5mg every other day. I was on 500iu 3X per week of HCG. Does this protocol seem legit? I have some HCG left over. I thought I read something somewhere to titrate off HCG?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DS3

Hello,
I am stopping TRT because we would like to have another child. I have been on T cyp and HCG for almost 2 years.
My DR said to just stop both cold turkey and start Clomid 12.5mg every other day. I was on 500iu 3X per week of HCG. Does this protocol seem legit? I have some HCG left over. I thought I read something somewhere to titrate off HCG?
The practical thing to do would be to get a semen analysis before changing anything. Your sperm mobility and motility may be perfectly fine with your current T/HCG protocol.

Jucaro

The practical thing to do would be to get a semen analysis before changing anything. Your sperm mobility and motility may be perfectly fine with your current T/HCG protocol.
Right, I was on testosterone plus HCG 250 IU every 3,5 d, only to avoid testicular atrofy, cause at 52 (now 53 y/o) I didn't expect to desire more children, but things changed, my old wife left me, and then a young 29 y/o woman came to my life, now we want children, and I was amazed to see my semen is not optimal but almost!! I am just adding some FSH to my protocol (not stopping TRT) and see what happen in next months...

Last edited:

Jucaro

Keep us updated please. Always good to have additional data points for those of us looking to get fertile at some point. Thx!
Well, the update is not a good new: when adding HMG (LH + FSH) and increasing hcg dose to 250 IU EOD, while keeping TRT, libido and erectil funtion got progresively worse, also hmg is very expensive so I quited that aproach, stoped TRT and stayed on hcg 250 iu eod + clomiphene 25 mg eod, and this time it was worse: clomiphene rendered me asexual...
Now trying to go on hcg monotherapy, but not dealed in yet. Waiting some time before doing lab test and see results to do adjustments.
Tamoxifene could be used instead of clomiphene, I tried it some time before and it didn't kill my libido, but there are concerns about possible damage to the sperm DNA... I wish to find more information about it. I wish I could father asap... :(

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Well, the update is not a good new: when adding HMG (LH + FSH) and increasing hcg dose to 250 IU EOD, while keeping TRT, libido and erectil funtion got progresively worse, also hmg is very expensive so I quited that aproache, stoped TRT and stayed on hcg 250 iu eod + clomiphene 25 mg eod, and this time it was worse: clomiphene rendered me asexual...
Now trying to go on hcg monotherapy, but not dealed in yet. Waiting some time before doing lab test and see results to do adjustments.
Tamoxifene could be used instead of clomiphene, I tried it some time before and it didn't kill my libido, but there are concerns about possible damage to the sperm DNA... I wish to find more information about it. I wish I could father asap... :(
You should check @HealthMan threads on getting fertile. He has some good ones.

Johnny Test

Well, the update is not a good new: when adding HMG (LH + FSH) and increasing hcg dose to 250 IU EOD, while keeping TRT, libido and erectil funtion got progresively worse, also hmg is very expensive so I quited that aproache, stoped TRT and stayed on hcg 250 iu eod + clomiphene 25 mg eod, and this time it was worse: clomiphene rendered me asexual...
Rooting for you bud. Keep plugging away.

Jucaro

Rooting for you bud. Keep plugging away.
Hi Johnny, thank you. For now I am keeping on HCG monotherapy: 250 IU two consecutive days and rest the third day, also added anastrozole 0.25 mg E3D, no exogenous testosterone, I am feeling fairly ok, no strong libido but things are working, it is just the begining, I have to wait and see, if everything ok after a while, I'll go to HCG 250 IU ED. I am trying to avoid higher HCG doses to avoid high E2 which is the main issue for me when higher doses of HCG or exogenous T.
Still waiting for more time for labs and see the numbers...

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching