Does DHEA boost Testosterone while on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Whatzup

When I was taking DHEA on TRT (compounded cream) my total testosterone was 799 yet off of the DHEA I was at 604. Just wondering if there is a correlation between the two.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My understanding was, it will lower your testosterone. Because it converts some of the testosterone into estrogen. But I haven't done any recent research on it.

Whatzup

My understanding was, it will lower your testosterone. Because it converts some of the testosterone into estrogen. But I haven't done any recent research on it.
I feel then like I've hit a wall then. If my T levels and E levels are good off of the dhea then why risk lowering the T and raising the E2 back and dhea?

I feel then like I've hit a wall then. If my T levels and E levels are good off of the dhea then why risk lowering the T and raising the E2 back and dhea?

Peeps don't supplement DHEA to balance their T or E.
DHEA is a precursor for testosterone and the estrogens. DHEA antagonizes the effects of cortisol. DHEA is a very powerful anti-aging hormone. Low levels of DHEA are found among those with Cancer, CVD, Alzheimer's, Diabetes, Depression, Hypothyroidism and Adrenal Fatigue.

For me its all about mood altering for the better.

Whatzup

Peeps don't supplement DHEA to balance their T or E.
DHEA is a precursor for testosterone and the estrogens. DHEA antagonizes the effects of cortisol. DHEA is a very powerful anti-aging hormone. Low levels of DHEA are found among those with Cancer, CVD, Alzheimer's, Diabetes, Depression, Hypothyroidism and Adrenal Fatigue.

For me its all about mood altering for the better.
I understand people don't supplement dhea to balance the T and E. But in my case having dhea at 129 should I continue the dhea supplement even if it may lower my T and raise my E?

Will Brink

When I was taking DHEA on TRT (compounded cream) my total testosterone was 799 yet off of the DHEA I was at 604. Just wondering if there is a correlation between the two.

You didn't say your dose of DHEA, but very unlikely it has a 100 point + difference on T levels, no. At very high doses, it will bump up T levels a bit in men, but comes with an equal or greater increase in E2, making it a very poor "T booster" in men. At HRT doses, it has a wide range of benefits when DHEA-s levels found to be low and TRT lowers DHEA levels. In women, DHEA is a mild T booster.

- Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

I understand people don't supplement dhea to balance the T and E. But in my case having dhea at 129 should I continue the dhea supplement even if it may lower my T and raise my E?

What does your doctor think? Has he given you access to a low dose AI to control your E2?
IMO I would supplemnt DHEA if my lvl was below 300, and I do.
Most men seeking over all good health and well being look beyond just TT.

Desmond

DHEA is a precursor prohormoen so it shoudl work on a feedback mechanism, so if your testosterone levels are high it probably wont convert so it wont have much effect.

Whatzup

What does your doctor think? Has he given you access to a low dose AI to control your E2?
IMO I would supplemnt DHEA if my lvl was below 300, and I do.
Most men seeking over all good health and well being look beyond just TT.
Yes, I take .5 on MWF and the ultrasensitive is 17 and standard E2 36. I am however going to change it myself to only .5 on MF just to be safe and retest in 2 months.

Yes, I take .5 on MWF and the ultrasensitive is 17 and standard E2 36. I am however going to change it myself to only .5 on MF just to be safe and retest in 2 months.

Morning Whatzup, Yes IMO your low Sen E2 and low DHEA says supplement DHEA. At least until your next blood test. Dropping your AI a little sound appropriate with an E2 of 17. I think you are on the right track.
hth

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching