Daily Sub Q TRT injection ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tremonti22

Hey guys please forgive if this has already been addressed. Current protocol is 100mg every week (every 6 days). Hearing good things about sub q injections. Doc is fine with me doing it. She says to inject 0.07ml daily with insulin Syringe. Question is how many mg’s is that? How many would I be injecting daily (mg)at that dose? How do I pull 0.07 ml on the insulin syringe? Also curious if any of you have adapted this protocol and what your thoughts are.
Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
She has it right, assuming your testosterone is 200 mg/mL, which is most common. This means 14 mg per day, or 98 mg per week, basically the same total weekly dose. If the syringe is a U-100, meaning 100 units per mL, then you are injecting 7 units per day. Each unit is 0.01 mL.

I also inject small amounts of testosterone daily, so fairly similar to what you'll be doing. You may find you can reduce your dose somewhat, as your—fairly stable—serum testosterone on the new protocol should be higher than troughs measured on E6D injections.

Tremonti22

Thanks man appreciate that. So yes the syringe is a 100ml increments of 10 broken down by 4 lines between each. I’m assuming each line is .02? So my dose would be just between the 3rd and 4th lines before the 10?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Normally every line is one unit. Is the syringe definitely 1 mL? For what you're doing you'd be better off getting 0.3 mL or 0.5 mL syringes in the future. They are still U-100, but hold less. Here's a picture of a 1 mL, U-100 syringe:
Image.jpeg

Cataceous

Super Moderator
That looks like a 10 unit syringe not a 100 unit syringe. The pic you sent I mean
It is definitely 100 units, and each line represents one unit or 0.01 mL. The zeroes are rotated out of view, but the big divisions—every 10 lines—are labeled 10, 20, 30, 40, ... 100. For comparison, here are a couple U-100, 0.3 mL syringes next to the 1 mL syringe. The smaller syringes hold 30 units, and each small line is half of a unit, or 0.005 mL.
Image.jpeg

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Ok, does yours look like this one? If so then your dose is indeed between the third and fourth lines. You can see why the 0.3 mL syringe makes it easier to measure.

Tremonti22

Yessir that’s what mine looks like. You’re correct it’s between 3-4 line. I understand now. 100 units would be 1ml or 200 mg of test so there’s 2mg per line. Thanks for the help bud. Excited to do this, have been fighting mood swings with the once a week dose.

Arcane

She has it right, assuming your testosterone is 200 mg/mL, which is most common. This means 14 mg per day, or 98 mg per week, basically the same total weekly dose. If the syringe is a U-100, meaning 100 units per mL, then you are injecting 7 units per day. Each unit is 0.01 mL.

I also inject small amounts of testosterone daily, so fairly similar to what you'll be doing. You may find you can reduce your dose somewhat, as your—fairly stable—serum testosterone on the new protocol should be higher than troughs measured on E6D injections.
2 questions for you

how is your bloodwork, specifically E2 on daily injections vs say two times a week injections?

also how do you feel ?

S1W

Yessir that’s what mine looks like. You’re correct it’s between 3-4 line. I understand now. 100 units would be 1ml or 200 mg of test so there’s 2mg per line. Thanks for the help bud. Excited to do this, have been fighting mood swings with the once a week dose.

You can make drawing way easier and more accurate and injections more comfortable by using .3ml 30g 5/16 EasyTouch syringes. With the small .3ml syringes, it is a lot easier to accurately draw out small volumes. And the small needles are great for daily subq.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Hey guys please forgive if this has already been addressed. Current protocol is 100mg every week (every 6 days). Hearing good things about sub q injections. Doc is fine with me doing it. She says to inject 0.07ml daily with insulin Syringe. Question is how many mg’s is that? How many would I be injecting daily (mg)at that dose? How do I pull 0.07 ml on the insulin syringe? Also curious if any of you have adapted this protocol and what your thoughts are.
Thanks

I would try splitting your weekly dose and injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) before jumping in head first poking yourself every day.

You are going from one extreme to the other.

What are your TT/FT trough levels on your current protocol and where does your SHBG sit?

madman

Super Moderator

Regarding insulin syringes.

I use the 31G x 6MM but you can use a 27-31G (6MM/8MM/12MM) needle when injecting strictly sub-q.

If you are dead set on injecting daily (sub-q) seeing as you will be poking yourself every day then I would prefer a 29-31G (6MM or 8MM) needle length.

Injecting using a fixed (low dead space) insulin syringe will not only minimize any wasted medication but be virtually painless and cause the least amount of trauma to the tissue let alone result in less chance of any post-injection leakage (oily solution) due to the minimized puncture wound.

post#5

Cataceous

Super Moderator
2 questions for you

how is your bloodwork, specifically E2 on daily injections vs say two times a week injections?

also how do you feel ?
On daily or EOD injections of enanthate or cypionate my estradiol levels are pretty steady and proportional to dose, also being around 0.5% of total testosterone. I haven't tried twice-weekly injections, but if I did I would expect peak levels to be about 50% higher than trough levels, while average levels would match the results of more frequent injections.

I finally feel good consistently, going on a year now. The protocol that achieves this is demanding, but it's worth it.

Tremonti22

I would try splitting your weekly dose and injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) before jumping in head first poking yourself every day.

You are going from one extreme to the other.

What are your TT/FT trough levels on your current protocol and where does your SHBG sit?
Are you a doctor?

madman

Super Moderator
Are you a doctor?
LOL!

You want to jump in head first injecting daily yet the only issue that you mentioned was fighting mood swings on your current protocol 100 mg (every 6 days).

Post up labs?

Again where does your trough TT let alone more importantly FT level sit on such protocol?

What is your SHBG?

Keep in mind that many may jump on dailies hoping to lower e2 or bring down elevated hematocrit which is not a given as unfortunately some of these same individuals end up running too high TT/FT level and are clueless as to why they still continue to struggle with such issues.

At least you were given the advice to start off using lower doses of T (14 mg daily) but regardless we have absolutely no idea where your SHBG sits and is the drastic change in injection frequency truly needed!

Your doctor knows best though right?

Tremonti22

Wow brother I apologize if that came off rude. I was honestly asking if you were a doctor. I have read a lot of your posts and you seem really knowledgeable.
Truly sorry. I understand your point about switching from one extreme to the other. Question should I perhaps inject my 100mg for the week and then the next day start the low (14mg) every day subq injection? Wouldn’t this be a better option than waiting until I’m trough to start the ED Subq injections? Really want to switch to sub q, after 4 years of IM my ass is torn up lol. My basic labs / set up:

SHBG - 22 (on the lower side)

Test - 1500 ( on the high side) - was running 160mg week but because so high doc recently lowered to 100 week

E2 (LC “sensitive”) - 63

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching