Copper/DIM to Manage E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Can anyone speak to the use of Copper and DIM to moderate high E2? I test in a few weeks and my doctor mentioned that these have both been used. Anyone with experience as to dose and results? Many thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Zinc also functions as an aromatase inhibitor in many men, I sup with Jarrow zinc balance twice a day.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
They don't work...trust me on that. If they did work, most men who have elevated E2 would be on it instead of a prescribed aromatase inhibitor.

If you have elevated E2 start with a very low dose of an AI like .25 mg per week and work up if needed after BW.

OMI100

See if you can find a GOOD compounding lab that will do pills/tab. There is one in FL that just worked up a batch of scored tabs for me at 0.07mg. (You need a script) So 1/2 tab a day = 0.25 mg a week. Makes it easy to titrate up a little bit at a time if you need to. points

CoastWatcher

Thanks, guys. It seemed like an awfully easy way to manage a possible problem. I will look more closely at zinc. And, if fortunate, tests may show it's not something I need to address at all.

Vince

Super Moderator
Coast, I use Jarrow Zinc Balance twice a day = combination of Zinc L-Monomethionine and Copper Gluconate in a 15:1 ratio, Zinc 15mg and Copper 1mg per capsule

Vince

Super Moderator
SoCal you may be right, my problem is to low E2 but I just started TRT on thursday so things my change.

silverwing

I've been on trt for several years now. Started on gels , went to compound cream, and for the last two and s half years I'm using test cyp sub q.... I've only ever used zinc and copper to control e2, haven't had a problem

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I've been on trt for several years now. Started on gels , went to compound cream, and for the last two and s half years I'm using test cyp sub q.... I've only ever used zinc and copper to control e2, haven't had a problem

Let's start by saying that many men using TRT in the physiological range don't need an AI as elevated E2 is "generally" not an issue.

Silverwing, you should know that most men who use a transdermal application of Testosterone don't need an AI as there is very little aromatase synthesis due to lower daily doses.

Men who use SQ injections rarely need an AI due to the injection methodology which is lower doses more frequently. Injecting SQ has many positives such as less painful injections and lower E2 synthesis.

For myself, when I went from 1 IM injection to two lower dose IM injections I didn't require an AI anymore.

However, I will say it again; there are NO natural or OTC aromatase inhibitors that have ever been proven to be effective in clinically managing elevated estrogen levels.

If they did work we'd all be on them and not on a prescribed aromatase inhibitor.

Find me one valid clinical study where a person with elevated estrogen levels had successful outcomes in lowering estrogen using any supplement or OTC product...I've never seen one!

Yes, there are nutritional supplements that have some anti aromatase inhibitor response but nothing near strong or powerful enough to work clinically in lowering elevated levels.

What I have seen over the years in moderating boards just like this one is that the men who did try to use them, instead of a prescribed AI, all failed at lowering their E2 serum levels.

If a man has elevated E2 levels due to their Testosterone use a low dose prescribed AI is the only effective way to suppress levels.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I'm not disputing that, nor am i arguing with you...I'm just starting what my protocol is, and how i have done with this.

Oh I know that you're not arguing...no worries there my friend.

The most important responsibility I have in moderating this board is to make sure men get the right information and the right care for a healthier life.

DIM or any other "natural or supplemental" attempt at lowering elevated E2 is futile and I'd rather see man not put himself through all the shit to find this out 3 months later when they don't work.

As for your protocol being dialed in; very happy for you man, it's a nice place to be:)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me