Clinical studies on low intensity extracorporeal shockwave therapy for erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Clinical studies on low intensity extracorporeal shockwave therapy for erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials

Abstract
The efficacy of low intensity extracorporeal shock wave therapy (LI-ESWT) for erectile dysfunction (ED) has received hard criticism and recently published meta-analyses were not able to provide further insights, nor specific recommendations. The aim of this systematic review and meta-analysis is to evaluate the efficacy of LI-ESWT for ED, identify the ideal treatment population and treatment protocol, and provide recommendations for future research in the field. A systematic research for relevant clinical studies published from January 2010 to September 2018 was performed, using the following databases: Medline, Embase, The Cochrane Library, Scopus, and Web of Science. Only clinical studies that investigated the efficacy of LI-ESWT for ED only, and reported primary outcomes using IIEF-EF scores/questionnaires were included. Both, randomised controlled trials (RCTs) and cohort studies were included, but the meta-analysis was performed only for sham controlled RCTs. Ten RCTs including 873 patients were selected for the meta-analysis. Pooling data of these studies showed that LI-ESWT could significantly improve erectile function in men with ED regarding both patient-subjective outcomes (IIEF-EF: +3.97; 95% CI [2.09–5.84]; p<0.0001, EHS≥3: OR: 4.35; 95% CI [1.82–10.37]; p=0.0009) and patient objective outcomes (peak systolic velocity: +4.12; 95% CI [2.30–5.94]; p<0.00001). In conclusion, the present meta analysis provided results showing that LI-ESWT significantly improves erectile function in patients with vasculogenic ED.

In conclusion, the present meta-analysis showed that LIESWT significantly improves erectile function in patients with vasculogenic ED. Larger multicentric RCTs with longer than 1-year follow-up are needed, before considering this new treatment as the new standard for the treatment of ED. However, LI-ESWT could be offered to patients with vasculogenic ED (especially to PDE5i-responders) as an alternative first-line treatment, especially in younger patients searching for a non-pharmacological treatment.

Attachments

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sokaiya

I got a total of 6 Gainswave treatments last year. I didn't have dysfunction to begin with i just wanted a boost. I believe it did improve things.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me