Can you help me calculate testosterone dose in 0.5 cc syringe?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jeepcreep84

I just received my medication and I'm a bit confused. I have 2x 5mL bottles of 200mg/mL test cyp. I am on a .1ml daily dose (which should be 20mg daily) I purchased easy touch u-100 27g .5cc 1/2" syringes per a suggestion in another thread. Problem is I'm sadly getting completely lost in the math of this. If my math is correct I have 2x 5mL bottles to make 10mL total. Each bottle is 200mg per mL so that's 2000 total mg of test between both bottles. Dividing that by my daily does 20mg is 100 doses which will get me to my next consult at 90 days. 10mL of liquid divided by 100 doses works out to the .1ml daily dose I was prescribed. With these being .5 cc/ml syringes is my dose the 10 marker? I don't know why if the syringe is .5cc/ml they would label the side 5/10/15... 50. Why not label it .05/.1/.15... .5?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jeepcreep84

Awesome! That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to accidentally take 10x my daily somehow.

The second question I have is these 2 bottles work out to be my 3 month/90 day supply. On the paperwork provided by Empower it says to discard after 28 days of initial puncture. 5mL at .1ml daily is 50 doses per bottle. Are there any issue in going almost 2x over the pharmacies recommendations on how many punctures the bottle can have?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
He said the syringes were 0.5 cc, not 1 cc like most of us have.

A full 0.5 cc is 100 mg. That divided by 5 is 20 mg. So 10 units is 20 mg.

half cc syringes.gif

madman

Super Moderator
I just received my medication and I'm a bit confused. I have 2x 5mL bottles of 200mg/mL test cyp. I am on a .1ml daily dose (which should be 20mg daily) I purchased easy touch u-100 27g .5cc 1/2" syringes per a suggestion in another thread. Problem is I'm sadly getting completely lost in the math of this. If my math is correct I have 2x 5mL bottles to make 10mL total. Each bottle is 200mg per mL so that's 2000 total mg of test between both bottles. Dividing that by my daily does 20mg is 100 doses which will get me to my next consult at 90 days. 10mL of liquid divided by 100 doses works out to the .1ml daily dose I was prescribed. With these being .5 cc/ml syringes is my dose the 10 marker? I don't know why if the syringe is .5cc/ml they would label the side 5/10/15... 50. Why not label it .05/.1/.15... .5?

Insulin syringes were meant for injecting insulin.

See at the bottom of the markings under 50 it says units

Most are using 1ml/1cc fixed insulin syringes which is 100 units.

Many on trt have switched over to .5ml/.5cc which is 50 units.

The strength of your testosterone is 200mg/ml so as fifty and Nelson stated:

10 units = 20mg (esterified T)

Blackhawk

Wow, what a lot of confusion. Maybe I can add to it!

With all u100 insulin syringes regardless of whether the syringe is 1ml, 0.5ml, or 0.3ml.all you need to do is recognize that a unit is a unit.

With 200mg/ml strength T, each unit is 2mg.

To calculate how many units for your dose whatever it is, divide dose in mg by 2. That is how many units to draw.

Examples:
1: 20 mg dose: 20mg/2=10 units

2: 14 mg dose: 14mg/2=7 units

3: 28 mg dose: 28mg /2=14 units

4: 50 mg dose: 50/2=25 units

and so on.

Blackhawk

The second question I have is these 2 bottles work out to be my 3 month/90 day supply. On the paperwork provided by Empower it says to discard after 28 days of initial puncture. 5mL at .1ml daily is 50 doses per bottle. Are there any issue in going almost 2x over the pharmacies recommendations on how many punctures the bottle can have?

I doubt there is a member here who discards the rest of a vial after 28 days of use. At my current dosage I get 66.6 days from each vial. No I do not discard any of it at 28 days. I finish every vial.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
More universally, recognize that the U-number of an insulin syringe is the number of units per milliliter. The formula to calculate the number of units for a particular dose is:

Units_to_inject = drug_dose_in_mg / drug_concentration_in_mg_per_ml * U-number

The most common concentration of testosterone cypionate is 200 mg/mL. So if you want to inject 20 mg with a U-100 syringe then the equation is:

Units_to_inject = 20 mg / 200 mg/mL * 100 units/mL = 10 units

BuzzSaw

The other thing to take into consideration, espcially with the standard needles used to inject (say 25G), is the deadspace. There will be some test still in the syringe/needle. So I usually add a bid more to make up for this loss.

Spali81

my question is watch out for those 5ml bottles they usually charge more then what a 10ml bottle costs or even more. Try to find a doc who gives you 10ml bottles. Happened to me until I read the bottle and it said 5ml.

dmtest

Since my math skills are equal to that of a 5th grader when I use insulin syringes I use the 1ml syringes with a 29 gauge .5" needle and just backfill them so they never puncture a stopper before I use them making them super sharp for injection into my quad muscle. I built a small stand from junk I found in the garage (see attached) and drop them into the stand without the plungers and then use 3ml syringe with a 21 gauge needle and pull up the total I need for all the syringes in the stand. Then push in from the top the correct amount so all the syringes are equal. Then pick up each one and slide in the plunger just enough to be able to turn the syringe up 45 degrees so the test runs down to the plunger. Then turn it needle side up and push up the plunger pushing out all the air. Typically, no test comes out of the needle since it is so small. Once done I then have up to 5 ready to go for when they are needed. Doing this saves time, does not dull the needle, and uses only one draw needle per week, which means less waste.

Attachments

• syringe holder (Large).jpg
    syringe holder (Large).jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 170

Starplex

Holy crap, I didn't realize the difference in CC and ml. I always thought they were the same. I got insulin syringes several weeks ago for the first time. Wanted to reduce my dose from 250mg/ml to 200 mg/ml. Injecting half doses twice per week. So .80 times 250 is 200 so .4 ml twice per week would give me 200. So I've been injecting .4 cc on a .5 cc u-100 syringe twice per week. So according to the above equation I upped my dose to 400mg per week not 200. Is this correct. I hope this is a mistake in my math.

I think to get my desired value I should be injecting 2 units twice per week with 250 mg/ml T.

But using Blackhawks math .4 is correct. 100/2.5=40 units??

Last edited:

swoops36

Holy crap, I didn't realize the difference in CC and ml. I always thought they were the same. I got insulin syringes several weeks ago for the first time. Wanted to reduce my dose from 250mg/ml to 200 mg/ml. Injecting half doses twice per week. So .80 times 250 is 200 so .4 ml twice per week would give me 200. So I've been injecting .4 cc on a .5 cc u-100 syringe twice per week. So according to the above equation I upped my dose to 400mg per week not 200. Is this correct. I hope this is a mistake in my math.

I think to get my desired value I should be injecting 2 units twice per week with 250 mg/ml T.
.4cc of 250mg/mL test would be 100mg. I think you’ve been calculating it correctly. The markings on a .5cc and 1cc syringe are the same, aren’t they? Meaning .4cc is the same amount on both

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me