Can doxazosin be taken as needed for ED issues?

Buy Lab Tests Online

SteveCleves

Can doxazosin be taken as needed for ED issues, like tadalafil or vardenafil or is it something that needs to be taken daily to have any ability to help ED? Is there a downside to taking it this way?

Note, I have searched through the many doxazosin topics here but this particular point I did not see discussed.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BadassBlues

Can doxazosin be taken as needed for ED issues, like tadalafil or vardenafil or is it something that needs to be taken daily to have any ability to help ED? Is there a downside to taking it this way?

Note, I have searched through the many doxazosin topics here but this particular point I did not see discussed.
Hi Steve,

Doxazosin's method of action is different than that of a PDE5i. It's main benefit is relaxing the muscles around the prostate. I'm sure you have seen this in your research.

I have taken low dose (1mg) doxazosin daily for years with good results. I wouldn't want to say definitively that taking it on demand would not work, but my thoughts are that unless you were one of those with an underlying prostate problem, it likely wouldn't do much for you.

The downside would be dependent on the dosage. Regular low doses help keep the muscles pliable. At higher doses, there are blood pressure concerns as it could cause your BP to crash.

I would keep the dose under 5mg. Also, it is contraindicated with PDE5i's.

Wolverine

Hi Steve,

Doxazosin's method of action is different than that of a PDE5i. It's main benefit is relaxing the muscles around the prostate. I'm sure you have seen this in your research.

I have taken low dose (1mg) doxazosin daily for years with good results. I wouldn't want to say definitively that taking it on demand would not work, but my thoughts are that unless you were one of those with an underlying prostate problem, it likely wouldn't do much for you.

The downside would be dependent on the dosage. Regular low doses help keep the muscles pliable. At higher doses, there are blood pressure concerns as it could cause your BP to crash.

I would keep the dose under 5mg. Also, it is contraindicated with PDE5i's.
What good results have you seen? Do you ever combine it with a PDE5i? Do you take in the am or pm? Do you take the immediate release version or the extended release version? I requested doxazosin from my urologist but he prescribed me flomax, Ive used flomax and its negatively affected my orgasms. Id like to try 1mg of doxazosin and titrate up if needed. Tx!

SS1LE

Just be beware doxazosin does not work well on demand, it has almost a day half life , also each time you use it sporadically you will constantly go through the first dose effect. I started using flomax , the .4 mg was a little to much. So i empty half the capsule in mouth. So i basically take .2mg every night ….nice erection boost and no orgasm issues. When I tried dox to much bp effect and killed my mood just on 1mg.

Simbarn

Just be beware doxazosin does not work well on demand, it has almost a day half life , also each time you use it sporadically you will constantly go through the first dose effect. I started using flomax , the .4 mg was a little to much. So i empty half the capsule in mouth. So i basically take .2mg every night ….nice erection boost and no orgasm issues. When I tried dox to much bp effect and killed my mood just on 1mg.
Very interesting. I have read that Tamsulosin (Flomax) can cause ejaculatory issues. Did you experience this at the higher dosage?
Did you try Doxazosin at a lower dosage also or just move to Tamsulosin?
Are you taking it at night to avoid side effects during the day or just for before sex?

I have some Alfuzosin (Xatral 10mg) also slow release. I tried it only for a day or two and see what you mean by the first dose effect! These drugs must need to be taken for a period of time in order for this side effect to lessen. Plus I took the full dose. These are tablets, but I am concerned if I break them up, they may lose the slow release effect? The slow release being very important.
They are an odd looking tablet with 3 different layers to them.
Apparently Alfuzosin is not supposed to have the ejaculatory issue that some of the other selective alpha-1 blockers can have.

SS1LE

Very interesting. I have read that Tamsulosin (Flomax) can cause ejaculatory issues. Did you experience this at the higher dosage?
Did you try Doxazosin at a lower dosage also or just move to Tamsulosin?
Are you taking it at night to avoid side effects during the day or just for before sex?

I have some Alfuzosin (Xatral 10mg) also slow release. I tried it only for a day or two and see what you mean by the first dose effect! These drugs must need to be taken for a period of time in order for this side effect to lessen. Plus I took the full dose. These are tablets, but I am concerned if I break them up, they may lose the slow release effect? The slow release being very important.
They are an odd looking tablet with 3 different layers to them.
Apparently Alfuzosin is not supposed to have the ejaculatory issue that some of the other selective alpha-1 blockers can have.
I had the 1mg tabs of dox, honestly the mood part of the dox was the biggest turn off. I didn't have the ejaculatory issues on Flomax, but the .4mg would cause an orgasm to take much longer (not a good thing when TRT already increased this time as well). With splitting the capsule amount, no issues what so ever. I do think in other countries outside of the US they have a .2mg dose which studies show help curb the ejaculatory issues some have. I also give meds a 30 day trial before I decide, the dox was just not worth it for me at least. Yeah if the tablet you have is coated for extended release then you can't split it, the flomax I have is a capsule with little beads in it. I just empty half in my mouth , then just swallow that capsule the next day.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me