Aromatase Inhibitors in Erectile Dysfunction

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Abstract

Hyperestrogenism may cause erectile dysfunction(ED) by impeding normal penile development, increasing venous vascular permeability and leakage(via VEGF), and by inhibiting testosterone (T) production. Estrogen excess can impair spermatogenesis and may increase the risk of estrogen-sensitive cancers (viz. breast cancer).[1,2]
Weekly and biweekly letrozole(2.5 mg), an aromatase inhibitor, has been reported to normalize serum T in males with obesity-related hypogonadism and poor sperm quality, respectively.[3,4] A 40-year old insulin requiring, normotensive, obese (BMI-26.9), diabetic (12 years duration) was evaluated for ED.T was 187 ng/dl and estradiol (E2) was 69 pg/ml (normal-11-44 pg/ml) with normal LH and prolactin levels. There was a normalization of T (increased to 487 ng/dl) with 2.5 mg letrozole every 3 weeks. Another patient, 55-year-old male, insulin-requiring, hypertensive, obese (BMI-28.8), diabetic (21 years duration) had normalization of T (401 ng/dl) with baseline low T (224.4 ng/dl) and normal E2 (33 pg/ml) with T-E2 ratio of less than 10, with weekly 2.5 mg letrozole. There were one kg weight gain and a 0.2 ng/ml increase in PSA in two years. These cases highlight the significance of estimating both T and E2 in the evaluation of ED. Moreover, it also highlights the efficacy and safety of weekly and even every 3-week 2.5 mg letrozole therapy.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DixieWrecked

I self medicated this way for years before starting TRT. At different time I used liquid versions of arimidex, letrozole, and aromasin. I got my t levels up to 850 with Aromasin. Estrogen analysis was not sensetive though but it usually came in around 15-20. It works but I was worried about using these drugs for my entire life.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me