Anyone using Rapamycin for anti-aging?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TRicker

Hello All,

I know Rapamycin has been mentioned in other threads, but I haven't read any threads with personal experiences. Is this still being considered as an anti-aging drug? From what I understand, the best options available for anti-aging are Rapamycin, HGH, Metformin, or Peptides (in addition to TRT).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I've gathered these are the basic pro's/con's of each of the above:

HGH Pros: restores youthful appearance, reduces wrinkles, reduces fat/recomp, possibly better mood, erections, and eyesight, (may be beneficial to joints?)
HGH Cons: cost, supposedly actually reduces longevity, may cause insulin resistance/diabetes, may grow pre-existing cancers/tumors, (may cause joint pain?)

Metformin Pros: possibly reduces insulin resistance and/or reverse diabetes, increases longevity
Metformin Cons: upset stomach/nausea/diarrhea, possibly reduces workout capacity

Peptides Pros: similar goals as hgh by attempting to raise IGF-1 more naturally
Peptide Cons: some may not work as well or efficiently, or may not achieve desired results

I'm curious if any users of Rapamycin have experienced any physically visible anti-aging benefits of reduced wrinkles, reduced fat, better mood, etc.....or is rapamycin strictly for longevity?

Please feel free to share any experiences, and to educate me!
Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DorianGray

Rapamycin is very much being used by some for anti-aging. Subjective evidence and anecdotal claims are about all you will find so far. Evidenced based research is on going and studies like the PEARL study are recruiting participants now. You can find major self-experimenter group by looking for age-reversal.

I also looked into HGH and concluded benefits dubious and maybe negative for older adults.

Metformin a real winner so many claim in the longevity circles but that also popped up as questionable for older (mature) people.

Still the strongest evidence for health and longevity, bar none, consists of lifestyle, exercise, sleep quality, Mediterranean diet, intermittent fasting.

There is too much on the topics you mentioned to be educated in a few threads by others. You'll get more and faster by zooming through your own research online.

maxadvance

HGH can enlarge organs, no thanks. Metformin seems to have as many negatives perhaps more than positives. Metformin fans seem to be in denial over this. Rapamycin look very promising. There appears to be one main researcher that has made it his lifes work(Blagoskony (sp)) and one main practioner(Dr Green) that are at the forefront.

TRicker

HGH can enlarge organs, no thanks. Metformin seems to have as many negatives perhaps more than positives. Metformin fans seem to be in denial over this. Rapamycin look very promising. There appears to be one main researcher that has made it his lifes work(Blagoskony (sp)) and one main practioner(Dr Green) that are at the forefront.
I agree, as it seems like everything has its downside. I have tried a brief trial of HGH via my TRT clinic, and it definitely worked well. In just 3 months of a minimal dosage, I noticed reduced wrinkles, fat loss, better mood and outlook...but the idea of enlarged organs, cost, possible increase risk of tumors/cancer, and now the fact that they say it actually shortens life span all scare me. I tried 3 days of metformin, and after being on the toilet for the entire day, that was enough for me. I also tried a few peptides, but didn't notice much benefit from them, but perhaps I didn't try them long enough.
I was hoping to get some user reviews of rapamycin, likes, dislikes, and opinions.
Have you tried it, or plan on trying it?

maxadvance

I agree, as it seems like everything has its downside. I have tried a brief trial of HGH via my TRT clinic, and it definitely worked well. In just 3 months of a minimal dosage, I noticed reduced wrinkles, fat loss, better mood and outlook...but the idea of enlarged organs, cost, possible increase risk of tumors/cancer, and now the fact that they say it actually shortens life span all scare me. I tried 3 days of metformin, and after being on the toilet for the entire day, that was enough for me. I also tried a few peptides, but didn't notice much benefit from them, but perhaps I didn't try them long enough.
I was hoping to get some user reviews of rapamycin, likes, dislikes, and opinions.
Have you tried it, or plan on trying it?
I do, it's a matter of finding a good source. Indian pharmacies seem to have a lot, but one that had a good rep wasn't available and they were so pushy about trying to sell a different brand I was put off.

goolapsh

I’ve read that danazol (and possibly dht) lengthens telomeres. Rapamycin is too risky imo. With all of these longevity drugs inhibiting mtor, you’re really sacrificing quality of life for maybe a few added disease free years of lifespan if taken regularly and for a long time. Rapamycin, like metformin, is not without side effects (mouth sores being prevalent from what I’ve read anecdotally). More serious things that come to mind are possibility of tumorigenesis. And when taking it for longevity, it should be cycled on and off with once per week usage. Good luck getting a doctor to prescribe it, and if ordering online, you never know what you’re getting of course.

Guided_by_Voices

A very big topic, but a few comments...my lab rat has been using it at a dose of 4-5mg every other week for the past two years. There appear to be no downsides at all, however upsides are hard to identify exactly when one is doing many other things as well. A few observations...it appears to work by both the mtor affect and the senolytic affect. In intermittent amounts it seems to have no athletic downside at all and may actually be of benefit. It also apparently boosts immune function and is likely anti-cancer. Trials in dogs have been positive so far and there is a lengthy podcast on Peter Attia's site from several months ago that goes into it in great detail. The other modalities mentioned above should reduce the rate of aging however Rapamycin is the only compound I can think of that actually appears to reverse aging. IMO it is a must-take as there are no (NO!) downsides I have heard of for small intermittent doses and potentially large benefits. All of us over 40 have to make decisions based on imperfect information and even if a quality study was attempted in humans (unlikely) it would be a long time if ever before we would have a definitive answer.

Regarding HGH, another big topic, but I think it is unfairly maligned and has much untapped potential, especially for injury recovery and general robustness. The arguments against it do not necessarily apply in real world situations for otherwise healthy adults who do not have chronically elevated insulin. I have not used it although I have used several peptides which promote HGH secretion. I would start with Rapamycin but if I had a major injury I would not hesitate to give HGH a try.

A good place to dive into anti-aging is Josh Mittledorf's blog Aging Matters. The comments are often excellent there too.

TRicker

I’ve read that danazol (and possibly dht) lengthens telomeres. Rapamycin is too risky imo. With all of these longevity drugs inhibiting mtor, you’re really sacrificing quality of life for maybe a few added disease free years of lifespan if taken regularly and for a long time. Rapamycin, like metformin, is not without side effects (mouth sores being prevalent from what I’ve read anecdotally). More serious things that come to mind are possibility of tumorigenesis. And when taking it for longevity, it should be cycled on and off with once per week usage. Good luck getting a doctor to prescribe it, and if ordering online, you never know what you’re getting of course.
It seems like it's quality of life over quantity of life...and apparently everything has a negative. I didn't know rapamycin could possibly kickstart tumors? I also didn't know simply inhibiting mtor sacrificed quality of life, but I'm also no scientist.
Have you/do you take any of the above?

goolapsh

A very big topic, but a few comments...my lab rat has been using it at a dose of 4-5mg every other week for the past two years. There appear to be no downsides at all, however upsides are hard to identify exactly when one is doing many other things as well. A few observations...it appears to work by both the mtor affect and the senolytic affect. In intermittent amounts it seems to have no athletic downside at all and may actually be of benefit. It also apparently boosts immune function and is likely anti-cancer. Trials in dogs have been positive so far and there is a lengthy podcast on Peter Attia's site from several months ago that goes into it in great detail. The other modalities mentioned above should reduce the rate of aging however Rapamycin is the only compound I can think of that actually appears to reverse aging. IMO it is a must-take as there are no (NO!) downsides I have heard of for small intermittent doses and potentially large benefits. All of us over 40 have to make decisions based on imperfect information and even if a quality study was attempted in humans (unlikely) it would be a long time if ever before we would have a definitive answer.

Regarding HGH, another big topic, but I think it is unfairly maligned and has much untapped potential, especially for injury recovery and general robustness. The arguments against it do not necessarily apply in real world situations for otherwise healthy adults who do not have chronically elevated insulin. I have not used it although I have used several peptides which promote HGH secretion. I would start with Rapamycin but if I had a major injury I would not hesitate to give HGH a try.

A good place to dive into anti-aging is Josh Mittledorf's blog Aging Matters. The comments are often excellent there too.
Where do you get your rapamycin??? That is the question. Can we get it through defy?

goolapsh

It seems like it's quality of life over quantity of life...and apparently everything has a negative. I didn't know rapamycin could possibly kickstart tumors? I also didn't know simply inhibiting mtor sacrificed quality of life, but I'm also no scientist.
Have you/do you take any of the above?

I just take metformin, some senolytics like quercitn/fisetin, nmn. I would like to try rapa if I can get a good source.

TRicker

Thanks Guided_by_Voices!
I'm glad the lab rat is doing well...hahaha.
I'll definitely check out the aging matters blog!
My TRT clinic PA said the exact same thing regarding hgh. They stated that at low dosages, all the negatives I was concerned with shouldn't be a problem. However, I take everything with a grain of salt from them, since they are trying to sell me stuff.
Have you used the peptides in conjunction with the rapamycin?

sammmy

All contemporary claims of "anti-aging" drugs are wild extrapolations and hype, not real science. Contemporary medicine cannot cure most chronic conditions, just treats symptoms, but you are hoping to reverse or stop aging? Maybe in a thousand years if humanity is still alive ...

A good diet like Mediterranean, reduced junk carbohydrates instead of metformin, drink green tea, eat turmeric, eat real yogurt or fermented foods, walk and exercise every day etc. These are known and tested for thousands of years, not some hype based on insane "latest research".

T

tareload

All contemporary claims of "anti-aging" drugs are wild extrapolations and hype, not real science. Contemporary medicine cannot cure most chronic conditions, just treats symptoms, but you are hoping to reverse or stop aging? Maybe in a thousand years if humanity is still alive ...

A good diet like Mediterranean, reduced junk carbohydrates instead of metformin, drink green tea, eat turmeric, eat real yogurt or fermented foods, walk and exercise every day etc. These are known and tested for thousands of years, not some hype based on insane "latest research".
AA clinic as in assume that means Accelerated Aging, not anti aging.

If you understand this walking in, at least you've given informed consent and you pay ($$ and longevity) to play (lifestyle, performance, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:

DorianGray

If I were serious about trying Rapamycin, I'd fly to New York and see Dr. Green. My experience from buying pharmaceuticals from India, China or other online stores is you might as well order from Russia and get properly ripped off.

grayiron

Hello All,

I know Rapamycin has been mentioned in other threads, but I haven't read any threads with personal experiences. Is this still being considered as an anti-aging drug? From what I understand, the best options available for anti-aging are Rapamycin, HGH, Metformin, or Peptides (in addition to TRT).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I've gathered these are the basic pro's/con's of each of the above:

HGH Pros: restores youthful appearance, reduces wrinkles, reduces fat/recomp, possibly better mood, erections, and eyesight, (may be beneficial to joints?)
HGH Cons: cost, supposedly actually reduces longevity, may cause insulin resistance/diabetes, may grow pre-existing cancers/tumors, (may cause joint pain?)

Metformin Pros: possibly reduces insulin resistance and/or reverse diabetes, increases longevity
Metformin Cons: upset stomach/nausea/diarrhea, possibly reduces workout capacity

Peptides Pros: similar goals as hgh by attempting to raise IGF-1 more naturally
Peptide Cons: some may not work as well or efficiently, or may not achieve desired results

I'm curious if any users of Rapamycin have experienced any physically visible anti-aging benefits of reduced wrinkles, reduced fat, better mood, etc.....or is rapamycin strictly for longevity?

Please feel free to share any experiences, and to educate me!
Thanks!
I’m currently taking Rapamycin. 6mg a week

ajax31

@grayiron Have you experienced any noticeable effects, good or bad?
I was intermittently taking 2mg of Rapamycin per week and it had a major positive effect on my physical stamina. No sexual effects at all.

Unfortunately I developed a potassium deficiency while taking it that took me a long time to figure out. It was probably exacerbated by another medication I was taking at the time.

Just be aware that Rapamycin (Sirolimus) can occasionally lead to hypokalemia. Probably not a common side effect for most.

Before I developed a potassium deficiency, I felt like Superman in terms of strength and physical stamina while on Rapa.

Guided_by_Voices

Responding to a few questions here:

Regarding Peptides, I’ve tried the usual suspects although I haven’t done related bloodwork. I find the short-acting peptides such as the Ipam/Mod 1-29 combo to be impractical for me. While they may be best in theory, they are hard to coordinate around meal-timing given the apparent need to inject frequently and away from the fed state. I accidentally ordered CJC1295 w/DAC and I ended up using it by injecting once per week since the long-acting compounds create a very unnatural stress on the body’s normal pattern of GH release. It had a very noticeable sleep benefit so I am going to try it again injecting every 10 days or two weeks. My goal is to minimize/eliminate nagging injuries and to minimize visceral fat. The reports of injury-healing from brief periods of GH use are very compelling and those arguing against it have yet, from what I have seen, come up with any alternative that even comes close. BPC/TB500 is probably the next closest thing. I would think use of any length or dosage of GH that creates elevated insulin is almost certainly not good unless one is recovering from a major injury.

Regarding Rapamycin, I use ADC. I have never had, or heard of a major problem with what they sell. Hopefully Defy will start to offer it soon in which case I will switch to them. Also, I take it the night before I do my weekly 24hr fast which is also the lowest-intensity part of the week for my activity so that my diet or exercise does not conflict with it.

The prominent influencers who use Rapamycin usually dose weekly however I err on the side of minimum effective dose and dose every other week. There have been several comment threads on the roguehealthandfitness blog with the experiences of users there.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me