Using HCG but FSH and LH is still well below range

Buy Lab Tests Online

ratbag

I've been using HCG (corion 5000 from ReliableRx) for a few years and I take 500iu E3D along with my Testosterone (45mg E3D). I'm hypopituitary and when I started taking HCG my Total Test went up by 400 to 1200 which shows I'm secondary. All is good I feel so much better adding HCG to my regimen because it gives me a feeling of well being and my brain seems clearer etc.

However after getting my labs done recently I noticed my FSH and LH are still well below range. Is this normal? I assumed taking hcg would change that. I do my labs in the morning before I take my meds and shots. For example, if I take my testosterone and hcg monday morning, then my blood is taken on Thursday morning before I take anything.

BTW, I really like Nelson's method of mixing both test + hcg together.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tom Larabee

FSH and LH will always be close to zero when using Exogenous Testosterone, you don't need to worry about testing those when you are on Test, its a waste of money. The testosterone suppresses them because your system sees the Testosterone in your body and the feedback loop is thereby suspended.

ratbag

Ok thanks Tom, that sheds some light on it... so how do I know if I'm taking the right amount of HCG? I used to take 250iu E3D but I read Nelsons research and saw that most needed at least 350iu 3 x per week so I upped my dose to 500iu E3D and I felt better so I was just trying to find a way to verify how much I should be taking. My MD says to do what I want... he doesn't understand HCG well but is open minded about it all.

CoastWatcher

Ok thanks Tom, that sheds some light on it... so how do I know if I'm taking the right amount of HCG? I used to take 250iu E3D but I read Nelsons research and saw that most needed at least 350iu 3 x per week so I upped my dose to 500iu E3D and I felt better so I was just trying to find a way to verify how much I should be taking. My MD says to do what I want... he doesn't understand HCG well but is open minded about it all.

There is no specific test that can address the question you raise. It's a matter of how you feel, whether HCG is addressing the issue of testicular atrophy, and whether your estradiol was still where you and your doctor want it to be. If you are taking it to maintain fertility a sperm count, certainly, will let you know if it is working.

I've been using HCG (corion 5000 from ReliableRx) for a few years and I take 500iu E3D along with my Testosterone (45mg E3D). I'm hypopituitary and when I started taking HCG my Total Test went up by 400 to 1200 which shows I'm secondary. All is good I feel so much better adding HCG to my regimen because it gives me a feeling of well being and my brain seems clearer etc.

However after getting my labs done recently I noticed my FSH and LH are still well below range. Is this normal? I assumed taking hcg would change that. I do my labs in the morning before I take my meds and shots. For example, if I take my testosterone and hcg monday morning, then my blood is taken on Thursday morning before I take anything.

BTW, I really like Nelson's method of mixing both test + hcg together.

hCG acts AS LH, it is what's called an "agonist" in pharmacological terminology.

What it does NOT do is appear on an LH test(called an "assay") as the LH test looks for LH and can see hCG is NOT LH.

LH being nearly nothing on TRT or hCG monotherapy is completely normal and you should not be the least bit concerned, in fact if they weren't near nothing I'd be concerned.

To answer about how much hCG is needed, there is no answer, as it varies. If you feel good, leave it alone, attempting to "feel better" when you feel good is not how a successful TRT protocol is ran.

Vince

Super Moderator
I use 500iu of HCG every 3 1/2 days, after Nelson's watching video. Here's Dr. Saya thread. What is the best dose of HCG? Dr Saya presents two case studies. https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...dose-of-HCG-Dr-Saya-presents-two-case-studies

ratbag

Thank you for the replies. I understand and it now makes sense. I did read Dr Saya's case study and it's why I upped my dosage to 500iu E3D. I could feel the difference afterwards. I guess I'll leave it alone now because I think all is working well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me