Varicocele - Causing low Fee T and high SHBG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

OldSoul

Hi all,

So I am fairly certain I have a varicocele. My nurse practitioner seemed fairly ignorant to them, and said I definitely had some swelling when she checked, but after an STD test came back negative she said I didn't have a varicocele. Even though I can 100% tell 1 or 2 veins (or whatever they are) within my scrotum are much thicker and harder than before, and also having a dull aching "blue balls" type of pain that continuously comes and goes.

I've also been struggling with low T like symptoms (https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...estion-issues-brain-fog-little-motivation-etc, https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...TSH-dropped-from-3-9-to-2-5&p=35310#post35310)

I had a consult with Dr. Crisler of Defy and he said my SHBG is high at 47, and my Free T is low at 1.6%. Though because I am only 31 (32 next month), he said he was unsure of what to do and didn't want to put me on TRT for life just yet.

I plan to see a new doctor as soon as possible about the varicocele and get that properly diagnosed.

My question is, could my fatigue issues be due to the varicocele?

I've read it can have a big effect on your testosterone levels. However, I couldn't find any information about if it causes high SHBG, which from what I understand is likely to be the reason for my low Free T.

I've also read at Peak Testosterone that many men who have varicocele repaired see a significant boost in their T levels. I didn't see anything about it lowering SHBG though. Without any insurance, I am not sure having it repaired is in the cards anytime soon as I saw the price was roughly $10,000. Though if it needs to be repaired I will figure out a way.

Any info for me on varicocele causing low and/or high SHBG?

Thanks all!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Varicocele repair is usually better at increasing fertility than increasing T production, unless caught early (usually in teen years). I've never heard of or seen (nor could I make a connection physiologically) a varicocelectomy impacting SHBG levels.

James

I was diagnosed with varicocele at age 15, I'm almost 45 now. About 5 years ago, I mentioned varicocele surgery to a urologist in an attempt to increase testosterone. I've never been in any pain from it and the urologist said, although I have it, it's a very minor case and he thought, at best, surgery would increase my total testosterone by maybe 50 points. Obviously that's insignificant compared to where I need to be and injections were my best option.

Henry

Same thing here. I've had painful varicoceles on both sides for years (I've been misdiagnosed all those years) and the docs were telling me that it'll help my fertility (I have issues there too) but it'll probably increase my T level 50 points......100 if I'm extremely lucky. I was 270 before TRT and I've been on for 3 years so it probably won't go up anyway.

At least the pain is gone.

OldSoul

Did any of you have a harder time having an orgasm from the varicocele?

I have a much harder time reaching orgasm, and also my semen volume is much reduced, since I've noticed what I assume are two varicocele's, one on each side as well.

Though I assume those could also be due to my low free testosterone levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me