Seeing endo tomorrow and need help with what to ask

Buy Lab Tests Online

rubinstt

So here is my backstory. I am a 33 y/o father of 1 conceived naturally. About 5 years ago I went to my primary care complaining of lack of energy and libido. He orders a free testosterone test (that is it), it is low, he says start taking androgel. No talk of monitoring, looking at other numbers, etc. So clearly I left him. I have been monitoring my T levels over the past 5 years and they continue to be low. So I finally bring it up with my new doctor as something I want to possibly treat. He refers me to a urologist. Urologist orders range of tests. Below are numbers from my physical and then from my urologist tests

Primary Care
Testosterone Serum 248
TSH 3.27
Vitamin D 17.8

Urologist
Testosterone Serum 246
Free Testosterone (direct) 7.6
LH 4.7
FSH 5.2
Prolactin 7.5

My primary care doctor put my on prescription Vitamin D2 (50,000 IU 1 x week)

Now, after speaking with the Urologist he says he wants me on Clomid (25 mg every day) because I still want to have kids. I asked about estradiol and his response was "I ****ed up I should have ordered that but start the Clomid anyways and we'll check in a month". I asked about my Thyroid (TSH) level being a little high and he kind of brushed that off. Most of what I am reading is saying that anything above 2 should be investigated.

So, based on what I researched I am figuring secondary hypogonadism based on the numbers. Based on him not ordering a basic test and the fact that its probably secondary, I thought maybe I should get some other opinions from the Endocrinologist. I am seeing him tomorrow.

Side thought is that while yes I am probably having more kids, I have read numerous things that say that Clomid doesn't really help with the symptoms of Low T, more just that it raises T. Now considering I went to the doc because of the symptoms, plus my wife was pregnant twice, naturally, would Clomid even be a good choice for me?

I hope this all makes sense. I am just lost and want to feel better.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. Your anxiety is understandable; you haven't received the sort of medical attention that you deserve. You are missing certain key lab tests, your appropriate concern about your thyroid was brushed off (TSH is only the first step in evevaluating your thyroid function - you need to measure t3, t4, rt3, and thyroid antibodies to fully understand how that gland is performing)...not confidence-inspiring.

Clomid can work. This thread from Dr. Justin Saya, Defy Medical's director, can give you some perspective on its utility.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...rns-or-do-they-really-exist&highlight=Unicorn

MG123

Your TSH is definitely high and more thyroid tests need to be performed to find why your pituitary gland is trying so hard to stimulate your thyroid gland for more thyroid hormones.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me