SHBG 6 (11 - 80)

TSH 1.79 (0.45 - 5.1)

T3, Free 3.9 (2.8 - 5.3)

T4, Free 1.1 (0.8 - 2.2)

Hemogolobin A1c 4.8% (4.0 - 5.6%)

Estimated Avg Glucose 91 <154

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I am right there with you, brother. My low SHBG has no obvious cause either. Not diabetic, not pre-diabetic, not obese, thyroid checked often, etc...all of the expected causes or reasons do not apply.

I honesty feel that genetics has a lot to do with this issue. I had a DNA test last month and due to certain gene variances I now have this huge list of prescription drugs that will have little or no effect on me because I am a hyper excreter of them. There is probably a gene variance that has to do with SHBG level as well.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Some men have a genetic mutation (polymorphism) that makes them have low SHBG.

Sex Hormone-binding Globulin Gene Polymorphism and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

OBJECTIVES: Conditions of hypoandrogenism in men have been linked to insulin resistance, suggesting that alterations in normal sex steroid physiology could play a role in the pathogenesis of Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) gene polymorphisms may be the cause of sex steroid alteration. The aim of this work is to study the effect of SHBG gene polymorphisms on the risk of Type 2 diabetes mellitus through its impact on testosterone and oestradiol level in Egyptian men.

SUBJECTS AND METHODS: A case control study was performed in the diabetes clinic at Zagazig University Hospital on 185 males with Type 2 diabetes and their matched healthy controls. Two polymorphisms (rs6257 and rs6259) of the gene encoding SHBG were genotyped and serum levels of SHBG, testosterone and oestradiol were measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA).

RESULTS: Carriers of rs6257 variant allele (CC or CT) and carriers of rs6259 wild allele (GG) appear to have a high risk of diabetes than carriers of other alleles (OR 2.241, 1.585 and 2.391, respectively). They also showed a significant decrease in plasma level of both SHBG and testosterone and a significant increase in oestradiol blood level compared with carriers of other alleles.

CONCLUSIONS: Sex hormone-binding globulin gene polymorphisms at position rs6257 and rs6259 are associated with higher risk of T2DM in Egyptian men, through lowering circulating levels of SHBG and consequently, lowering testosterone and elevating oestradiol level.

El Tarhouny SA, Zakaria SS, Abdu-Allah AM, Hadhoud KM, Hanafi MI, Al Nozha OM. Sex Hormone-binding Globulin Gene Polymorphism and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus In Egyptian Men. West Indian Med J 2015;64(4). https://www.mona.uwi.edu/fms/wimj/article/2200 &#65279;

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I also have SHBG in the single digits. It's just the cards I'm dealt, so I just factor that into where I need to be on Total Test, which in turn plays into my Free/bio test.

eli

I also have SHBG in the single digits. It's just the cards I'm dealt, so I just factor that into where I need to be on Total Test, which in turn plays into my Free/bio test.

How is your libido ?

One thing I know about low shbg is that we definitely don't need more than 100mgs of test...

Jon H

Eli - I have low SHBG, and I definitely do need the 180mg per week that I'm taking. Broken up into 3x per week, and I go through each shot really fast. A lot of other guys are in the same boat.

eli

Eli - I have low SHBG, and I definitely do need the 180mg per week that I'm taking. Broken up into 3x per week, and I go through each shot really fast. A lot of other guys are in the same boat.

Oh wow ! Based on my observations, guys with low SHBG tend to do better with low doses. How is TRT working out for you guys with low SHBG ?

Jon H

eli - If you do some searches on this site there are TONS of Low-SHBG threads. The one constant among all of them is that there are no constants. The general label for most of us low-SHBG guys is "Hard to Manage". What works for some doesn't work for all, and the results from TRT that we get is generally "hit or miss".

However, even with all the challenges I would never go back to not being on TRT.

ERO

My E2 is always on the low side as well with no AI. I have been as high as 200mg per week of Test and still not needed an AI.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me