Repeat blood test results, seeing endo in about two months

Buy Lab Tests Online

ERO

Having high SHBG makes it difficult to get a good level of Free Testosterone. One may have a high Total T number but with high SHBG, a low Free T number, which can leave you with "Low T" symptoms because most of your T is bound to the SHBG. I would definitely ask your doctor how he handles this situation and if he has no answer or says it does not matter, that may be a red flag that perhaps this Doc is not as experienced with TRT as he has indicated.

SHBG levels - both high and low - are difficult to adjust. It is said that supplemental Vitamin D may help lower SHBG, and high levels of injected T can lower it, but all in all, one's SHBG level is not easily adjusted. I have low (below the lab range) SHBG so I know from experience.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Here's my levels of total, free T, and SHGB.

Testosterone - 158 ng/dL
SHGB - 56 nmol/L
calcFT - 20 pg/mL

Would this mean I'm potentially a poor candidate for Clomid then because my free T may not increase with the pill?

ERO

That is a good question - one that Dr. Saya can likely answer the next time he checks in here. He has a ton of experience using Clomid.

Yes, Clomid often WILL raise SHBG...a good thing for lower SHBG guys, a neutral or bad thing for normal/higher SHBG guys.

With your initial LH 3.7 and testes only responding with a total T 158ng/dL it appears you may have a mixed primary/secondary picture going on. Couple that with the SHBG and, to be honest, I would give you a "less than average" chance of being successful with Clomid therapy. Still worth a try considering your age, but wouldn't be surprised if you end up on TRT sooner rather than later.

Yes, Clomid often WILL raise SHBG...a good thing for lower SHBG guys, a neutral or bad thing for normal/higher SHBG guys.

With your initial LH 3.7 and testes only responding with a total T 158ng/dL it appears you may have a mixed primary/secondary picture going on. Couple that with the SHBG and, to be honest, I would give you a "less than average" chance of being successful with Clomid therapy. Still worth a try considering your age, but wouldn't be surprised if you end up on TRT sooner rather than later.

Thanks for responding, and thanks for the advice!

I am still thinking I'll try the Clomid to start as well. All I lose is time if it doesn't work, I have side effects, or the symptoms don't improve. It's no fun to feel like this, but I want to the most logical course of action.

I will discuss all of this with my doctor at the follow-up as well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me